[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Washington vs. USC

godtomsatan

If I was a betting man, I'd probably take the Huskies with that spread too - this will be a 10-14 pt. spread game, I think. Here's what I see after last weeks' escape from Wazzou:

Until the D-line can get pressure on the QB by themselves, its hard to fault Holt/Carroll for not blitzing more so far, in order to protect the young DBs back there. That's a tough call for them to make, and the line is worrying me. This is the first balanced attack they faced, and they didn't look so hot.

As Petros said Monday on the radio, Stanbeck will eat us up if we can't get pressure on him. Apparently he's so improved in his decision-making this year that he's very much like VY was last year - a big, athletic beast who can run, throw or throw on the run. Tough for us on D.

Meanwhile JDB will be without 2 of his top 3 WRs, and some freshman WR speedsters and TEs will need to step up. And the o-line has GOT to do better on the run blocking. Moody and Washington can only do so much on their own, as both are explosive but lack experience.

Per a recent article on cbssportsline.com, Coach Willingham is not a bad coach. Weis is getting paid huge $ and is practically sainted there, yet with the same record TW had by the same time, and they're almost all TWs guys! (Amazing...) He's got the Huskies believing they can play with anybody again, and he might be right. They are much improved.

These things together are why I think it won't be easy for the Trojans. I'm just glad its at home - and maybe we do turn a corner and blow them out. I'll take the W anyway we can get it...

Edited by Coffeeman

yep, the ending was absolutely BS.

5 seconds on the clock when the WR was down and had the first down, clock ran to 2 seconds.

Play before that, 2 full seconds went off the clock on a QB spike on a dead ball.

Then the officials take 3 minutes to start clock, Wash had lined up to snap several times and were backed off by the officials , then the offical just runs away from the line and starts the clock unknown to Washington and clock runs out before the snap.

HORRIBLE officiating going on over there, i'd f'ing be pulling my hair out if my team played against those f'ing idiots in the Pac10

I don't mind my team losing @ USC, but it kills me that they didn't get a shot at the end zone. Makes me want to puke.

I'm furious. Somewhat at the refs, but Stanbeck, the Washington QB, is a senior and should have known he had to step up and snap it right after the official steps away.

Like I said, I'll take the L (especially with the UW covering :D), but they legitimately had a big time win right there in their grasp. Argh!

I don't mind my team losing @ USC, but it kills me that they didn't get a shot at the end zone. Makes me want to puke.

I'm furious. Somewhat at the refs, but Stanbeck, the Washington QB, is a senior and should have known he had to step up and snap it right after the official steps away.

Like I said, I'll take the L (especially with the UW covering :D), but they legitimately had a big time win right there in their grasp. Argh!

Isn't the ref who sets the ball down supposed to start the clock? I didn't see a ref start it.

Isn't the ref who sets the ball down supposed to start the clock? I didn't see a ref start it.

Isn't a QB who stands behind the center who knows he's got to get a snap off in a limited amount of time supposed to get the ball hiked?

I don't know, I watched the clock roll to :00 before the ball got snapped. I was screaming at the TV "Snap it! Snap it! Snap it!". The fact the refs did not put 2 to 3 seconds on the clock is the greater crime, but Stanbeck should have gotten the ball snapped on that last play.

I remind myself that the Huskies won more games in September than they did between 2004 and 2005, and that I should not be so upset at the results of today's game. Dang though, someone's going to beat USC, I just wish it wasn't going to be Oregon.

Isn't a QB who stands behind the center who knows he's got to get a snap off in a limited amount of time supposed to get the ball hiked?

I agree and wasn't aruging that particular point. That was a weird weird way to play the final 2 seconds on all accounts. It was obvious after the minute plus delay just to set the ball down; and the 3rd or 4th time the Huskies lined up over the ball; they forgot how quick 2 seconds can go by.

I just didn't see any ref start the clock, and for some reason I always thought it was the one who set the ball down.

Edited by bushwacked

I'm proud of the way my Huskies :D played. Playing SC on the road and gave them all that they could handle. We weren't prepared and gave them a gift TD on their fake FG attempt in the first quarter and left 8 points on the board settling for field goals as we had 1st downs inside their 5 yard line, twice.

I won't blame the Pac-10 officials for our loss (unlike others do on these boards) although when we got the 1st down there should have been 4-5 seconds left on the clock, not two. And then after all the confusion and delay in getting the ball in play, the official sets the ball down and immediately starts the clock when the whole game according to OL Juan Garcia the official would put the ball down and say "wait, let me get out of here- let me get out of here and then- he would blow the whistle. On the last play he just set the ball down and blew the whistle". Regardless, the Huskies should have been ready and able to get the last snap off for the potential game winning touchdown :D We had opportunities to win the game regardless of any questionable officiating and should have won the game. We dropped two sure interceptons and made two poor plays on special teams which resulted in 10 points.

The three things that I left this game with was:

#1 - The Trojans are very beatable and will get beat this year, probably twice.

#2 - The Trojans have another Superstar WR waiting in the wings in Sophomore Patrick Turner.

and #3 - The Huskies .......... are baaaaack!!! :lol: