[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

18 and 1/2 points?

spain

I know that the wheels have completely come off for the Titans. And I also know that the Colts have a very prolific offense. But for some reason, I just cant give up 18 and 1/2 points in a pro game. I just cant do it no matter the obvious disparity in the 2 teams. I would like to know if any of you guys that lay money on games are seriously thinking about betting this game or are just going to lay off it completely like me. You rarely see a number this high and when I do, I typically shy away from it. How about you?

Edited by spain

I know that the wheels have completely come off for the Titans. And I also know that the Colts have a very prolific offense. But for some reason, I just cant give up 18 and 1/2 points in a pro game. I just cant do it no matter the obvious disparity in the 2 teams. I would like to know if any of you guys that lay money on games are seriously thinking about betting this game or are just going to lay off it completely like me. You rarely see a number this high and when I do, I typically shy away from it. How about you?

No way do I put my money on a team with 18.5 points. I agree 100% with you.

Seems like a lot to me as well. Looks like an opportunity to do a teaser bet.

Take another team and then take an additional 6 points and go with the Titans or as I would prefert knock 6 off and take the Colts -12.5

These are the results the from the last 6 meetings between these two teams:

Ind W 31-10 21 pts

Ind W 35-3 32 pts

Ind W 31-17 14 pts

Ind W 51-24 27 pts

Ind W 33-7 26 pts

Ind W 29-27 2 pts

Even with that close game at the end of the 03 season, the average spread is 20.3 pts. Without it the average spread has been 24 ponts. Now this season you have an 0-4 Tenn team going on the road with a rookie QB making his second career start facing a 4-0 Ind team that is palying very well. :D You can make a case for giving the points fairly easily.

Oh, I am well aware that you CAN make a case for it. And I am not argueing with the point spread itself as it seems about right to me. What I am saying is that I personally cant bet on an NFL game with this sort of number. I just cant do it.

Oh, I am well aware that you CAN make a case for it. And I am not argueing with the point spread itself as it seems about right to me. What I am saying is that I personally cant bet on an NFL game with this sort of number. I just cant do it.

I agree with the hayseed here. :D

Can't do it.

It is clear that the Colts should win big in this game. The only downside to giving up the points is the possibility that the Colts will "coast" with a big lead. The NFL season is a long one, and no matter how much better the Colts are, it is just human nature to relax a bit once you have your opponent beaten. The Colts could care less about the spread. They just want to get a big lead and win the game. The question is can the Titans muster up enough "trash time" offense to kill the spread.

I don't think they are capable of putting up more than 10-13 points in this game at best. And I would bet my left nut that the Colts hang 30 on them at least. I know it is a sucker bet to lay this much in the NFL, but I'm afraid I just can't help myself. Take the Colts and drop the points, and pray that the Colts don't take the second half off.

I'm of the opinion the Colts win big this weekend.

Dungy was highly pissed at the special teams and defense last week. As mad as I've seen him.

It also appears the Colts will be getting some guys back. Vinatieri, Stokley, Harper, and Jackson.

The Colts and Dungy have also done extremely well against running quarterbacks in the past. Could be a big day for the Colts D.

After this week, their schedule gets much tougher.

Seems like a lot to me as well. Looks like an opportunity to do a teaser bet.

Take another team and then take an additional 6 points and go with the Titans or as I would prefert knock 6 off and take the Colts -12.5

thats exactly what i did :D

These are the results the from the last 6 meetings between these two teams:

Ind W 31-10 21 pts

Ind W 35-3 32 pts

Ind W 31-17 14 pts

Ind W 51-24 27 pts

Ind W 33-7 26 pts

Ind W 29-27 2 pts

Even with that close game at the end of the 03 season, the average spread is 20.3 pts. Without it the average spread has been 24 ponts. Now this season you have an 0-4 Tenn team going on the road with a rookie QB making his second career start facing a 4-0 Ind team that is palying very well. :D You can make a case for giving the points fairly easily.

You and me both. Yes they'll probably get it, but just too big a number.

i looked long and hard at this one and there's just no way to lay 18.5 in a pro game. Do i think IND has a great shot at covering? hell yes. am i gonna put money on it? hell no.

if you're looking to lay a big number this week, might i recommend the Pats -10 at home vs. the Culpepperpocolypse. this one could be over by halftime.

I would like to know if any of you guys that lay money on games are seriously thinking about betting this game or are just going to lay off it completely like me. You rarely see a number this high and when I do, I typically shy away from it. How about you?

Shying away from it. Primarily because the books keep lowering the juice, and not the points.

You'd have a better chance with a 7 footer.