[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst 5-0 team ever?

CaptainHook

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bellichick went to Brady and said, "I want you to suck tonight. Throw a bunch of interceptions. Let them win. That way, when we play them in January in their building they'll be lured into a false sense of security."

Then I think he laughed like this: "BUUUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!"

The guy is a supergenius.

Belichick -----> :D

You blame the coach for Brady's 4 picks? Interesting....

More runs = fewer passes. Appreciate you trying to read between the lines there, but nowhere did I blame Belichick for the picks. Those are on Brady...and his WR corps. The Pats receivers/TE's better look in the mirror this a.m., hold up thier hands and say "WHERE THE EFF WERE YOU?!" Some bad tips/drops. As for the coaching, I blame BB (and McDaniel, if he was making those calls, too) for oddly abandoning a plan that produced 100+ yards rushing in the first half.

:D

I was wondering when someone would bump this.

The defense is still bad. The Pats should have called more runs. Like I said in an earlier thread, I think Bill and Brady kind of got in a pissing contest about quarterbacking. It wasn't the right game plan.

With the Colts trading for Booger McFarland, and the return of Bob Sanders, there is hope the D will improve. But as a Colts fan who saw this last year, I'm not getting too excited. The defense must improve drastically in the second half of the season, or we will be witnessing another early play-off exit. The Colts are above average against the pass. They are small and fast. Not sure why the Pats didn't stay more patient with the run. Whoever they play in the play-offs will . . .

More runs = fewer passes. Appreciate you trying to read between the lines there, but nowhere did I blame Belichick for the picks. Those are on Brady...and his WR corps. The Pats receivers/TE's better look in the mirror this a.m., hold up thier hands and say "WHERE THE EFF WERE YOU?!" Some bad tips/drops.

In defense of Brady, who had a pretty bad game, his receiving targets played just as poorly.

Despite what the NE-centric media at ESPN are saying, this was a big loss for the Pats, as it may have cost them home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Even with Indy's sieve of a run defense, I don't see the Pats beating Indy in January at the Dome. Their DBs aren't as good as they were two or three years ago, they won't have the weather on their side, and NE's passing game isn't good enough to beat Peyton & Co. in a shoot-out.

Despite what the NE-centric media at ESPN are saying...

God Lord, Bill, enough of this. As if ESPN and the national media doesn't swing from Peyton's nuttz every single day of the football season...:D

God Lord, Bill, enough of this. As if ESPN and the national media doesn't swing from Peyton's nuttz every single day of the football season...:D

No way. Even after Brady bites it in a big game at home against a bad defense, he's still their hero and Peyton is still the "choker." Just ask Bill Simmons, Michael Smith, and Colin Cowherd. Brady has the rings and Peyton's only a good "regular season" quarterback. :D

No way. Even after Brady bites it in a big game at home against a bad defense, he's still their hero and Peyton is still the "choker." Just ask Bill Simmons, Michael Smith, and Colin Cowherd. Brady has the rings and Peyton's only a good "regular season" quarterback. :D

That's difficult to refute at this point in time.

I'm old enough to remember when the Patriots used to suck as much as, maybe even more than, the Jets.

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

yeah me too, i remember i worked with a guy(philly area) and I remember he always said "Some day they will make me proud"...he could have made one of the snickers commercials they way he used to say it too :D

yeah me too, i remember i worked with a guy(philly area) and I remember he always said "Some day they will make me proud"...he could have made one of the snickers commercials they way he used to say it too :D

I grew up almost exactly at the midpoint geographically between New York and Boston. When I was a kid, you couldn't find a Patriots fan if you offered a reward. It was 90% Giants fans, 5% Patriot fans, and 5% Jets fans.

Now it's 90% Patriots fans, 5% Giants fans and 5% Jets fans.

I bet most of those Patriot fans don't even know who John Hannah is and wouldn't recognize Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan or Raymond Clayborn if they ran them over with their car. Bunch of bandwagoners.

I grew up almost exactly at the midpoint geographically between New York and Boston. When I was a kid, you couldn't find a Patriots fan if you offered a reward. It was 90% Giants fans, 5% Patriot fans, and 5% Jets fans.

Now it's 90% Patriots fans, 5% Giants fans and 5% Jets fans.

I bet most of those Patriot fans don't even know who John Hannah is and wouldn't recognize Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan or Raymond Clayborn if they ran them over with their car. Bunch of bandwagoners.

who is john hannah??..lol