[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Mediocreburger

bushwacked

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you check out my response in the Yankees thread in the Tailgate? It made me throw up a little in my mouth, but I think you may appreciate it. :D

which one, specifically?

In reference to those silly polls from the past.

Well, when Eli went into San Diego last year, it was very hostile and he got his ass handed to him...but the kid kept playing tough and showed so much game and heart, he really raised his caliber of play during that game, and he's never looked back.

He's been a much better QB than Ben ever since then.

Ben just isn't a great playmaker. He can make some fantastic throws, but these are few and far between. Eli makes bad throws now, but those are also few and far between.

I think anyone who sees the ceiling knows who they'd rather have QB'ing their team.

Now it's time to add Rivers into the polling.

a stat that really shows he is not himself is two rushing attempts for -1 yards.. two friggin rushing attempts! this guy had 56 and 31 attempts in 14 and 12 games played respectively the previous two seasons. he is lacking confidence and is playing in fear. not a good thing for a qb. once he starts putting his head down and running for a first down, is when i know he is back. until then he is just a shell of his former self. maybe he is still in a lot of pain from the appendectomy. i just dont know.

a stat that really shows he is not himself is two rushing attempts for -1 yards.. two friggin rushing attempts! this guy had 56 and 31 attempts in 14 and 12 games played respectively the previous two seasons. he is lacking confidence and is playing in fear. not a good thing for a qb. once he starts putting his head down and running for a first down, is when i know he is back. until then he is just a shell of his former self. maybe he is still in a lot of pain from the appendectomy. i just dont know.

All we needed to hear was the last sentence.... but we knew that already.

Ben just isn't a great playmaker. He can make some fantastic throws, but these are few and far between. Eli makes bad throws now, but those are also few and far between.

He used to be. He used to make plays all the time by sensing pressure, moving around, and finding the open receiver. They usually weren't big-yardage plays, but he kept the ball moving.

i gotta think the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY fans would LOVE to have ben mediocreburger back under center. ben dilferburger was actually able to win some games for them. but right now they've got this guy ben totalcraplithburger.

hmm, ben or eli? :D

let's be a little more charitable and ask, ben or andrew walter?

This one.

:tup::doh:

"What professional sport needs are fewer Yankees and more Patriots."

:D:D:bash::clap:

Um, Squeegie, is this you? Seriously....if you've kidnapped by someone pretending to be Squeegie, and are currently tied up in your basement, hit the <<< button a few times with your nose and we'll send someone there to rescue you.

In reference to those silly polls from the past.

Well, when Eli went into San Diego last year, it was very hostile and he got his ass handed to him...but the kid kept playing tough and showed so much game and heart, he really raised his caliber of play during that game, and he's never looked back.

He's been a much better QB than Ben ever since then.

I think anyone who sees the ceiling knows who they'd rather have QB'ing their team.

Now it's time to add Rivers into the polling.

Agreed. Rivers seems to be in the same don't-need-to-do-too-much situation that Ben was in for the past two seasons, so it may take a while before we know how good he really is.

Edited by Bill Swerski

"What professional sport needs are fewer Yankees and more Patriots."

:D:D:bash::clap:

Um, Squeegie, is this you? Seriously....if you've kidnapped by someone pretending to be Squeegie, and are currently tied up in your basement, hit the <<< button a few times with your nose and we'll send someone there to rescue you.

I could see how the questionable subject-verb agreement might lead you to the above conclusion, but I assure you that it was I who wrote it.

Tom Brady is still ugly, though.

i gotta think the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY fans would LOVE to have ben mediocreburger back under center. ben dilferburger was actually able to win some games for them. but right now they've got this guy ben totalcraplithburger.

I wondered why Ben's post accident surgery took so long. Based on what we've seen, I think the most likely explanation is that they transplanted Kordell Stewart's brain into Ben's head before they fixed up his face.