[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT2 and Turner

LooGie

Just curious if anyone has any theories as to why LT2 is having such a rough time running against PIT and Turner looks like a...LT3? Could it be because PIT has more respect for LT2 and are over pursuing and it's just working out?

It's obviously not because Turner is more shifty than LT2, but that's certainly the way it looks...any theories at all?

A few.

1) Turner is running through tacles more.

2) 33 just looks great on those spamshirts. It's a confidence thing.

3) When Turner gets the rock, LT2 is on the field still somewhere, so the D is always keeping an eye on him. Good decoy value.

okay, lets just pretend you only posted #3 :D

I was thinking this earlier, but even still, he is breaking tackles, but you're not suggesting that he's better at breaking tackles than LT2 right?

Obviously something is making it easier for Turner than LT2. I think it's because Turner has LT2 as a decoy and LT2 has Turner as a decoy. But it seems as though PIT is playing harder against Tomlinson.

A few.

1) Turner is running through tacles more.

2) 33 just looks great on those spamshirts. It's a confidence thing.

3) When Turner gets the rock, LT2 is on the field still somewhere, so the D is always keeping an eye on him. Good decoy value.

Having Turner in the backfield with LT2 lined up wide seems to have worked well tonight...hope it doesn't become SOP. :D

As much as it pains me to see this as an LT owner, SD is playing to win any way they can. They made some 1/2 time adjustments after seeing that LT was not going to get anything out there alone. When Turner was on the field he was the one thing Pit could not answer. Who do you focus on? All in all I give credit to the coaching staff for finding something that would win them the game and I don't see any reason at this point to think that Turner will become less a part of this offense in future weeks. There is no way that Turner won't cut into LT stats more this year, really he already has most weeks. That said, I will still happly start LT as my #1 RB. He will have his big games, it just things seem to be changing on how Turner is used, and can you blame them? he does look good.

As much as it pains me to see this as an LT owner, SD is playing to win any way they can. They made some 1/2 time adjustments after seeing that LT was not going to get anything out there alone. When Turner was on the field he was the one thing Pit could not answer. Who do you focus on? All in all I give credit to the coaching staff for finding something that would win them the game and I don't see any reason at this point to think that Turner will become less a part of this offense in future weeks. There is no way that Turner won't cut into LT stats more this year, really he already has most weeks. That said, I will still happly start LT as my #1 RB. He will have his big games, it just things seem to be changing on how Turner is used, and can you blame them? he does look good.

I do agree. It's just strange seeing Marty actually coaching and making changes to win games. :D

The "burner" Michael Turner is a beast.I think Marty realizes that and will use him this year.He is a different look for defenses and DAMN is he effective when he plays.Look for this guy to be a fairly high pick in fantasy drafts next year.I believe he is a free agent after the season.

Get used to Turner sharing carries with LT. Marty loves to use the "Burner", especially in the second half when opposing defenses are beginning to wear down. It's then that Turner's leg strength really becomes apparent.