[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which team has the best defense in the NFL right now?

URLACHERisGOD

Best Defense in the NFL right now?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best defense in the NFL right now?

• Baltimore (63.2 Rushing yds/game)
    • San Diego (118.3 Passing yds/game)
    • Chicago (7.2 pts/game)
    • St. Louis (13 takeaways)
    • Jacksonville (hey, they're pretty good, too)

Of course, I'm completely biased to the Bears. However, Baltimore is beyond tough and the semi-lack of offense draws attention away from them. Even though they give up points, San Diego's defense is just nasty with Merriman and that DL. St. Louis doesn't really qualify (IMO) but, they do lead the league in turnovers. Jacksonville's defense always plays tough so, I thought I'd throw them in there for a #5.

Sure, we have a lot of teams that could fight for that #5 or #6 spot but, these seem to be atop their game right now.

like last year, TB had the best DEF, STAT WISE, but if anyone believes TB was better than CHI, they're just being biased. No other DEF last year, or this year, was more clutch, making big plays right when it counted.

The road to 41, in the NFC goes through soldier field :D

Hey, CAR def is doing pretty well. Very good on 3rd downs and disrupting plays.

you have to kidding. :D

come on man. stop fishing for compliments. Bears are pwning hard c0re

Honestly, I'm not :D here. I got to watch the Chargers game tonight and I would hate to go up against that defense. Yeah, I'm a Bears fan but, I'm curious to see if others out there think that the Chargers D could be the real deal, too.

I've got to give props to the Ravens. As far as numbers go, they actually have better numbers than Chicago. I think Chicago is getting a lot of credit due to 40-7 wins but, Baltimore is incredible, too.

Honestly, I'm not :D here. I got to watch the Chargers game tonight and I would hate to go up against that defense. Yeah, I'm a Bears fan but, I'm curious to see if others out there think that the Chargers D could be the real deal, too.

I've got to give props to the Ravens. As far as numbers go, they actually have better numbers than Chicago. I think Chicago is getting a lot of credit due to 40-7 wins but, Baltimore is incredible, too.

Hey the 2006 Bears defense is the most incredibest defense of all time. Their offense is better than the Indainapolis Colts from 2 years ago and better than the Rams when they won they superbowl.

Hey the 2006 Bears defense is the most incredibest defense of all time. Their offense is better than the Indainapolis Colts from 2 years ago and better than the Rams when they won they superbowl.

Bruski and God have nothing on the Bears defense...

13 replies and the only one that is legit is from a newbie? :D

Is everybody left here tonight disgruntled Cowboys fans?

wth you talking about? I voted Bears, and I mean it. They're by far the cream of the crop and will have home field in the playoffs. what more do you want?

If you wanted a ranking, I would say Chi, Jax, Bal, Sd, Car.

I'd love to see your response tomorrow night about the same time.

Edit: to say I chose Chi Town. Originally I was going to say "for now"....but the're the real deal, so I'd take them to be the #1 at the end...

Edited by Turf Smurf

Not only do the Bears have the best defense, but, right now, they are far and away the best team in the NFL. I wasn't completely convinced after last week's blowout over the Seahawks, but, after watching them today, they are the team to beat.

I'll give the Chargers and Bears ahead of my Chiefs, but man is everyone missing some good D going on in KC.

Ranks 4th in total D. Defense has not allowed a second half TD ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|---------- PASSING -----------| |----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL

CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD

64 109 591 5.42 2 4 118 426 3.61 2 1017

NFL rank ---> 4 2 3 6 5 20 11 11 14 11 4

:D

Edited by Hat Trick