[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pet peeve for the 2006 season

Skilly

What the heck is up with the Patriots home field???

How about planting some friggin grass down the middle of that thing. Are they still letting the soccer team play there? Patriots homers---you guys pay enough money to sit in those seats; doesn't it bother you that your home team has to play on what appears to be old man Carlson's dirt lot behind the 7-11?

What the heck is up with the Patriots home field???

How about planting some friggin grass down the middle of that thing. Are they still letting the soccer team play there? Patriots homers---you guys pay enough money to sit in those seats; doesn't it bother you that your home team has to play on what appears to be old man Carlson's dirt lot behind the 7-11?

haha...its just the way beli wants it

so no, i dont mind shelling out 35 bucks to park plus my tickets

Never thought I would say this but I think the play challenges on the field have actually become a distraction to the games. I'm all for getting the call right but even some of the reviews of plays have been incorrect...I think we should go back to making good officials call the games, no more challenges no more reviews from the booth. We are dumbing down our officials...geez I can remember when a bad call was rare in a game...but if one was made you lived with it. Now we are struggling to make the right call even on instant replay. Am I alone in this peeve???

Never thought I would say this but I think the play challenges on the field have actually become a distraction to the games. I'm all for getting the call right but even some of the reviews of plays have been incorrect...I think we should go back to making good officials call the games, no more challenges no more reviews from the booth. We are dumbing down our officials...geez I can remember when a bad call was rare in a game...but if one was made you lived with it. Now we are struggling to make the right call even on instant replay. Am I alone in this peeve???

games rarely ever move smoothely anymore....I've gotten used to it, I guess :D

I still hate it with a passion, though

Edited by Avernus

my pet peeve is not knowing who the elite players in fantasy are right now....

this is like the twilight zone..

I was thinking along these lines last night as well. Week to week, it just seems like there is not one guy (or couple of guys) totally dominating at their position like we have become accustomed to in previous years.

My pet Peeve would be that my two Free leagues I am a combined 8-2 and in my 3 $$ leagues I am a combined 4-11 :D

:D I can understand your pain Hat Trick. Yesterday was my worst day in ff EVER. I lost in all my leagues and had players dropping like flies. Fitzgerald, R. Williams, D. Williams, to name a few.

I was thinking along these lines last night as well. Week to week, it just seems like there is not one guy (or couple of guys) totally dominating at their position like we have become accustomed to in previous years.

I am beginning to think the golden days of "always start your studs" are coming to an end, for one big reason: there are so many bad teams right now in the NFL, that I am beginning to think it is wiser to play the match-ups than to automatically rely on the LT2/Edge/Moss/Fitz/Barber/add-your-own-underacheiver.

In know, its hard to ever bench LT2, but geez, who'd have thunk over 26 RBs would outperform him yesterday, even though he was playing PIT? He wasn't even the top Rb on his own team.

Wierd year....this is the type of year where you really need to COACH your team.

My pet peeves are the post here every Sunday about "where's so and so" or "is "player x" playing"...

Here's a thought...maybe they're just not playing well, dropping passes or fumbling quite a bit.

As far as posts in the NFL forum, that is a pet peeve of mine as well.....apparently there will be at least one Thomas Jones owner every week who hasn't figured out that Cedric Benson get's a few carries here and there so they make a thread....."Is Thomas Jones hurt? I see Cedric Benson got the carries in the last series....jees, I really need Thomas Jones to put up some points this weekend."

My other are the posters who need everyone to tell them how good their team is. I also like the guys....who need to pat themselves on the back: "Did I didn't I tell you guys that X was going to happen, before the season." Yeahhh, good for you. How come your not talking about A,B, and C, that you predicted before the season started that aren't even close to coming to fruition.

As far as posts in the NFL forum, that is a pet peeve of mine as well.....apparently there will be at least one Thomas Jones owner every week who hasn't figured out that Cedric Benson get's a few carries here and there so they make a thread....."Is Thomas Jones hurt? I see Cedric Benson got the carries in the last series....jees, I really need Thomas Jones to put up some points this weekend."

My other are the posters who need everyone to tell them how good their team is. I also like the guys....who need to pat themselves on the back: "Did I didn't I tell you guys that X was going to happen, before the season." Yeahhh, good for you. How come your not talking about A,B, and C, that you predicted before the season started that aren't even close to coming to fruition.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :D

I also like the guys....who need to pat themselves on the back: "Did I didn't I tell you guys that X was going to happen, before the season." Yeahhh, good for you. How come your not talking about A,B, and C, that you predicted before the season started that aren't even close to coming to fruition.

Oh and I said that LJ would finish #1 which was a highly debated subject and looks who's #1 :D One of my leagues anyway.

Another peeve of mine is fans that can't get over things that happened last season and continually mock the fans from the other team cause they can't get on with life. :D

My pet peeve is when TV shows like CSI, Law and Order, or NCIS are looking at video, and they say "Zoom in on that...", and it's still all clear and visible. Or, worse yet, they say "can you enhance that?"

No! You can't! There are 640 pixels across the image, and when you zoom in, you're not going to invent new pixels! If you zoom in it gets blurrier and harder to see, and there is no magical "enhancement" that will go back in time and capture more pixels.

This always makes my job harder when customers don't understand this concept in the video business. News flash: TV shows are fake.

Oh and I said that LJ would finish #1 which was a highly debated subject and looks who's #1 :D One of my leagues anyway.

Another peeve of mine is fans that can't get over things that happened last season and continually mock the fans from the other team cause they can't get on with life. :D

:lol: Is Thomas Jones hurt? I really need him to score me some points this weekend.

Pet peeves??? Where do I begin...

...people who talk too loudly on their cell phones in public :D

...people who cannot wait for others to walk out of an elevator before they force their way in :D

...people who drive the speed limit in the left lane :lol:

...people who wait until the last possible second to set their lineup or make a suicide pool pick :lol:

...people who owe money to others and fall off the face of the earth :brew:

...people who play their music in their cars so loud because they just know that I want to listen to that crap :woot:

...I'm gonna stop now...this could go on forever....... :brow::pop::lol:

News flash: TV shows are fake.

My pet peeve is when someone deliberately goes out of their way to debunk a belief without so much as a 'spoiler alert'! :lol:

I suppose next you will be posting here that Wrastlin' is fake and that there is no Great Pumpkin! :D

No go zoom in and enhance something....... :D

My pet peeve is when someone deliberately goes out of their way to debunk a belief without so much as a 'spoiler alert'! :lol:

I suppose next you will be posting here that Wrastlin' is fake and that there is no Great Pumpkin! :D

No go zoom in and enhance something....... :D

:lol:

Another myth debunked: Bill Gates and AOL are NOT going to send you a million dollars for forwarding an email!!