[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will the Bears go undefeated?

slickvick

I don't believe in jinxes or anything like that.

Jinxes and curses are for Cubs fans.

However, it bears (sorry) keeping in mind that the new-and-improved CHI offense is far from battle-tested and its most important component has only been healthy enough to play 14 games in his 3 1/2 year career. Not to mention that last year's big free-agent acquisition has a long history of hamstring injuries.

I'm as excited as you (well, maybe not THAT excited :D ), but a lot can happen between now and February.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gould is off to the best start so :D. I'm not saying ANYTHING that is out of left field so please be quiet.

You said he was the best kicker, not that he was off to the best start. Quite a difference there champ. And you've got a better chance of seeing God than having me be quiet.

Gould is off to the best start so :D. I'm not saying ANYTHING that is out of left field so please be quiet.

Dude, you just can't go to the kicker card, that is all. Same reason you don't draft Rackers, Graham, Vinatieri, or Vandy in the early rounds like a lot of guys did, Kickers are streaky and for the most part are a product of the team they are on and their Red Zone offense in that particular year.

Seriously, I think the Bears will probably go like 13-3 and I feel they will win at least one playoff game and will probably have a Championship battle with the Eagles to get to the Bowl.

And yes almost every good team is suddenly average if they suffer a long term injury to their QB.

Rex still has a lot to prove but the passing game looks a lot better then last year and in the year they went 14-2.

The Bears sure as hell could go undefeated. They are #7 in total O (!!!), #3 in total D, and the only sigificant statisical category, offensively or defensively, in which they aren't in or close to the top half of the league is rushing O ypa. They lead the entire NFL in points scored (!!!!!!) and are the 3rd best in points allowed, behind only BAL by 3 pts, who has played 1 less game than CHI, and DEN by 5 pts, who has played 2 less games than CHI. They are second in the league in turnover margin. In short, they are playing superbly in all phases of the game, and they have depth at all positions except WR to sustain a major injury.

The only loseable games they have left on their schedule by initial looks are the Giants, the Pats, and possibly the Rams (though I don't believe that one in matchup) on the road. I can see this team not losing a game, though I'm thinking 15-1 for the year.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Interesting comparison. Goop does appear to be the Windy City Menudo. That said, I'll take another Menudo over a UT or Seahawks37 any day.

UT was far and away the worst, because he was completely clueless. Hopefully Goopster doesn't head down that path. He seems like a smart kid with a solid head on his shoulder's so I'm thinking he should be fine. Although, judging by his MH pic, he's clearly gay. NTTAWWT. :D

Didn't expect such a response to this post.I just think the Bears have a chance to do this.They look like a team with killer instinct,absolutely no let up.Reflective of Coach Smith.I am by no means a Bears fan either.I am suffering hard this year with my Packers.Many seem to mention the 3 game east coast trip as the downfall.I believe the defense will carry them through that stretch.

Seriously, I think the Bears will probably go like 13-3 and I feel they will win at least one playoff game and will probably have a Championship battle with the Eagles to get to the Bowl.

Eagles are good but not great. Any team which has five takeaways but is still struggling to win has some issues. And I usually root for the Eagles because of McNabb. The Bears are ten times the team the Eagles are, sorry.

Edited by Goopster24

Eagles are good but not great. Any team which has five takeaways but is still struggling to win has some issues. And I usually root for the Eagles because of McNabb. The Bears are ten times the team the Eagles are, sorry.

I disagree, the Bears are only 8.765837864352 times the team the Eagles are. If Gould had an better historical accuracy at 40-49 FGs, they would be 9.2345267821 the team the Eagles are.

I disagree, the Bears are only 8.765837864352 times the team the Eagles are. If Gould had an better historical accuracy at 40-49 FGs, they would be 9.2345267821 the team the Eagles are.

Point taken :D .

EDIT: Gould went 3-3 between 40-49 yesterday. I'll take my chances with him....

Edited by Goopster24

I agree with that first part. The Eagles D isn't what it used to be and they can't run the ball for crap.

Good contribution to this thread.

You can just ignore it and say it isn't important to you, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be important to other people.

Its way to early for the undefeated talks. – But I do think the bears have the best shot in a long time to do it.

I'm just as exited as all bear fans. This is a great start. But i would rather lose the last to games because we are resting our starters and win the Superbowl. Then try to win the last 2 and get some key injury.

And you never know what will happen, like the colts game this week.

i read a few people worrying about the health of rex. well brian greese will be able to keep this offence moving just fine.

Once they are 9-0 then I will start to speculate.