[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quarterback Watch Finally Gets It Right

Big Mac Bears

For a couple of weeks now, I've been saying how the quarterback watch can't be taken seriously for not even putting Grossman on the "moving up the ladder" section. So this week, he appears for the first time at the #2 spot. Talk about a biased writer. Give us the facts people, not your biases!! How can a guy not even show up in the climbing up the ladder section but all of a sudden he's the "#2 Quarterback To Own?" But I do applaud you for finally fixing the error. Next up, the David Carr campaign. My goal for next week is to see him on this page somewhere. :D

For a couple of weeks now, I've been saying how the quarterback watch can't be taken seriously for not even putting Grossman on the "moving up the ladder" section. So this week, he appears for the first time at the #2 spot. Talk about a biased writer. Give us the facts people, not your biases!! How can a guy not even show up in the climbing up the ladder section but all of a sudden he's the "#2 Quarterback To Own?" But I do applaud you for finally fixing the error. Next up, the David Carr campaign. My goal for next week is to see him on this page somewhere. :D

I do think Grossman belongs in Qb watch, he's been consistent to say the least. As far as Carr goes they do have "Falling Down the Ladder" but I think you have to go up the ladder before you can fall down. Maybe if they had a "Slipping off the Ledge" category. :D

I do think Grossman belongs in Qb watch, he's been consistent to say the least. As far as Carr goes they do have "Falling Down the Ladder" but I think you have to go up the ladder before you can fall down. Maybe if they had a "Slipping off the Ledge" category. :D

I'm not sure where you are coming from with this statement. Although Houston is bad, Carr has been excellent and has the numbers to prove it. I agree with everything the original poster has to say here. It is getting difficult to take the "Watch" articles serious with the obvious oversites.

Grossman and Carr should both have been on this list prior to this week. Still waiting on Carr, but Grossman jumps from nowhere to #2 without even a mention that he should of appeared sooner.

Jesus. I just made it through the WR watch. Definitely a bias towards Da Bears. Just read this piece from the "climbing up the ladder" piece:

"Bernard Berrian (CHI) – Is it crazy to not include the No. 1 fantasy wideout in non-points-per-reception leagues in the top-10? Perhaps, but dang it, this is the Bears offense and it just can’t be for real – not to this extent, anyway. Then again, maybe it is. Chicago plays at Arizona in Week 6 and, generally speaking, the Bears have a ridiculously easy schedule the rest of the way, thanks in large part to playing in the NFC North. As a result, Berrian is a safest bet among this season’s crop of upstart wideouts to become the latest, greatest No. 1 fantasy wideout over the long haul."

The guy finally admits that Grossman deserves a spot in the top 10, even placing him at #2. Then refuses to point one of the top scoring receivers on the top 10 list simply because he plays for the Bears. I'm a Bears fan and have an obvious personal bias there but this is really bad writing. People pay for this site so they can get insights and advice for making fantasy decisions. If you aren't going to use factual data in an article of this nature, then it loses it's value to the readers.

If you want to write an article with nothing but your opinions in them and exclude players simply because they play for a team you don't like or respect, then just change the title to "Top 10 Fantasy Quarterbacks To Own That Aren't On Teams Scott Doesn't Like Or Think Are For Real". What a joke. :D

Sorry to rant. I promise not to ever post about this again as I don't plan to read them anymore. I've just come to really like most of the things posted on this site over the years but the quality seems to have taken a dive. Thank God for the weekly six pack!! :D

Jesus. I just made it through the WR watch. Definitely a bias towards Da Bears. Just read this piece from the "climbing up the ladder" piece:

"Bernard Berrian (CHI) – Is it crazy to not include the No. 1 fantasy wideout in non-points-per-reception leagues in the top-10? Perhaps, but dang it, this is the Bears offense and it just can’t be for real – not to this extent, anyway. Then again, maybe it is. Chicago plays at Arizona in Week 6 and, generally speaking, the Bears have a ridiculously easy schedule the rest of the way, thanks in large part to playing in the NFC North. As a result, Berrian is a safest bet among this season’s crop of upstart wideouts to become the latest, greatest No. 1 fantasy wideout over the long haul."

The guy finally admits that Grossman deserves a spot in the top 10, even placing him at #2. Then refuses to point one of the top scoring receivers on the top 10 list simply because he plays for the Bears. I'm a Bears fan and have an obvious personal bias there but this is really bad writing. People pay for this site so they can get insights and advice for making fantasy decisions. If you aren't going to use factual data in an article of this nature, then it loses it's value to the readers.

If you want to write an article with nothing but your opinions in them and exclude players simply because they play for a team you don't like or respect, then just change the title to "Top 10 Fantasy Quarterbacks To Own That Aren't On Teams Scott Doesn't Like Or Think Are For Real". What a joke. :D

Sorry to rant. I promise not to ever post about this again as I don't plan to read them anymore. I've just come to really like most of the things posted on this site over the years but the quality seems to have taken a dive. Thank God for the weekly six pack!! :D

Just out of curiosity. did you ever notice that different people write each position so they don't go hand in hand, sorta like game predictions and start/bench list.

I think Grossman definitely deserves his lofty status right now but its ridiculous dropping Hasselbeck out of the Top 10 based on an atrocious game with the Bears. Has any QB had a good game against the Bears yet? Especially in Chicago? Nope. Especially having to adjust without Alexander for the first time. Not really fair. Hasselbeck has a great schedule the rest of the way, a terrific set of WRs and is easily a top 10 QB.

Also, I fail to understand why whoever writes the RB column refuses to acknowledge that Willie Parker is a top 10 RB and probably top 5 or 6. I would take him over Steve Jackson any day of the week and he managed to score and have a productive day (looking powerful and explosive at times) against the top defense against RBs. If he can get it done against the Chargers he can get it done against anybody. I have Willie as my 2nd RB and will take him to the bank this year. Not Top 10 if there was a draft held today? If thats the case, Id love to play in that league and have the 11th pick.

Just a couple of comments

1. The pieces are written by different people so they won't ever match up one to one. There are given to people to solely focus on that one position.

2. Grossman is incredible and that's not an anti-CHI bias, it is the history of the Bears that everything up to this point said that the Bears could not throw and that Grossman could not last. It is undenaible that he can no longer be ignored but the guy has three years of not getting it done and getting hurt. Given the tough weather later in the year, will he continue? WHo knows, we've all been waiting for a month for him to either get hurt or turn back into a pumpkin and it hasn't happened.

3. Berrian has been brought along with the Grossman tide and it was very hard to accept that a player who only had two scores in his first two years and only ever started three games in his career suddelny becomes one of the biggest studs on a team that was 31st in passing last year. By now, you have to believe, as unblieveable as it is. It has nothing to go with bias towards the Bears. It is just something that almost defies explanation it is so rare.

4. Parker as a runner only ranks 9th in points per game currently and there should be a concern in how he got that high. He had the following four games so far:

1 MIA - 29-115

2 @JAX 11-20

3 CIN 31-133, 2 TD

4 @SD 14-57, 1 TD

so in home games he gets around 30 carries and has a good game. On the road, he has not done more than 57 yards so far. He is averaging just 3.8 yards per carry. Most any runner could turn in decent yardage with 30 carries in a home game. He needs to do more on the road and show that he can at least gain the standard 4 yards per carry in my opinion before he becomes worthy of any elite tag.

5. Hasselbeck does deserve a drop but not because of one bad game but because he has only had one good game this year. Other than his 5 TDs versus the NYG, he has one TD in three games played and never had more than 227 yards in any match-up regardless. He currently has seven interceptions in the last three weeks.

Those pieces are not "against" any team other than taking into account simply what they have done in the past up until this point and considering what is more likely in their opinion on going.

They are neither homer or anti-anyone.

It is not my place to speak for them but I understand why they have done what they did, regardless if it offends homer sensibilities. I find it easier to defend them than to take the other side I guess.

Durability is a legit concern when ranking players. Durability has been a major issue for Grossman, who going into this 4th season had less starts than Kyle Orton had vics.

So as a HUGH Bears homer I wasn't surprised by the wait on him. Afterall, how many people would be calling the writer dumb if he ranked Glassman high after 3 weeks and then he broke his finger again?

Let it go and if you're bears homer enjoy the ride and don't let a fantasy articles opinion of our team bug you. I've been playing for 10 years, and with the exception of a season and a half by Marcus Robinson and 2 good years from Anthony Thomas the Bears have wallowed in fantasy irrelevence.

No longer!

You should enjoy it. The Bears are the only team without any question marks. They have allowed the least amount of points this year AND have scored the most so far.

This is a 1985 sort of Bears year so far.

You should enjoy it. The Bears are the only team without any question marks. They have allowed the least amount of points this year AND have scored the most so far.

This is a 1985 sort of Bears year so far.

fixed :D:D

Durability is a legit concern when ranking players. Durability has been a major issue for Grossman, who going into this 4th season had less starts than Kyle Orton had vics.

So as a HUGH Bears homer I wasn't surprised by the wait on him. Afterall, how many people would be calling the writer dumb if he ranked Glassman high after 3 weeks and then he broke his finger again?

Let it go and if you're bears homer enjoy the ride and don't let a fantasy articles opinion of our team bug you. I've been playing for 10 years, and with the exception of a season and a half by Marcus Robinson and 2 good years from Anthony Thomas the Bears have wallowed in fantasy irrelevence.

No longer!

I can understand your frustraion. Us Packer fans probably endured even more. But you make it sound like it's over forever. Even the 85 team didn't develop into a dynasty.

That said enjoy this season. You Bears fans deserve it. :D