[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

bok_choy

Was kinda hoping that with McNair behind center Jamal may have a "rebirth" this season.... but wow he can't get it going. Understanding the O-Line has its issues but what happened to this guy?

Off field issues take their toll? Hell hes not even that old...

Is he worth a roster spot?

he's lost it. seems to fall forward with the slightest contact where in year's past, he would bust through those.

This is what I have noticed as well, seems like he gets touched and he goes down.

Besides his great 2003 season, his other years have been average (although is receptions and rec yards were high in '02).

Ignoring this year and the 2003 season, he averages 1150 yards and 5.5 touchdowns for those four years.

And he's only 27, so perhaps it's a case of an average RB given perfect circumstances (great Def, ball control running game philosophy) to help him turn in the 2003 monster season.

+--------------------------+-------------------------+			 |		  Rushing		 |		Receiving		|+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards	Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2000 bal |  16 |   309   1364	4.4	6 |	27	296  11.0	0 || 2002 bal |  16 |   308   1327	4.3	6 |	47	442   9.4	1 || 2003 bal |  16 |   387   2066	5.3   14 |	26	205   7.9	0 || 2004 bal |  12 |   235   1006	4.3	7 |	10	116  11.6	0 || 2005 bal |  15 |   269	906	3.4	3 |	32	191   6.0	1 || 2006 bal |   5 |	88	311	3.5	1 |	 1	  1   1.0	0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  80 |  1596   6980	4.4   37 |   143   1251   8.7	2 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

I have Jamal and Musa on my team this year, and I need one of them scoring points.

Edited by charty

Besides his great 2003 season, his other years have been average.

Ignoring this year and the 2003 season, he averages 1150 yards and 5.5 touchdowns for those four years.

And he's only 27, so perhaps it's a case of an average RB given perfect circumstances (great Def, ball control running game philosophy) to help him turn in the 2003 monster season.

+--------------------------+-------------------------+			 |		  Rushing		 |		Receiving		|+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards	Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2000 bal |  16 |   309   1364	4.4	6 |	27	296  11.0	0 || 2002 bal |  16 |   308   1327	4.3	6 |	47	442   9.4	1 || 2003 bal |  16 |   387   2066	5.3   14 |	26	205   7.9	0 || 2004 bal |  12 |   235   1006	4.3	7 |	10	116  11.6	0 || 2005 bal |  15 |   269	906	3.4	3 |	32	191   6.0	1 || 2006 bal |   5 |	88	311	3.5	1 |	 1	  1   1.0	0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  80 |  1596   6980	4.4   37 |   143   1251   8.7	2 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

I have Jamal and Musa on my team this year, and I need one of them scoring points.

Good stuff Charty....I would give my left nut for a 4.4 y/a from Jamal this season.

Wouldnt exactly call him "average", but he has never been a fantasy stud true.

He is not even worthy as a BYE week filler at this point which is pretty sad.

COME ON JAMAL....... ONE MORE TIME BABY!

I think that at this point, he is just out there getting paid, and doesn't care about the game, his team or his reputation, etc.

Last year he was accused of not giving his best effort... after enough people accused him of this consistently, he came out and admitted that he was not playing as hard as he could, and he said that he would begin to work harder from then on. Well, the results were tepid at best.

So, after getting called out for not playing hard, he admits he wasn't playing hard, then publicly commits to playing hard once again, but continually falls short. That was last year. This year he has a new chance to show what he can do once more. He is clearly blowing that chance.

Yep. He's done as a reliable RB in the NFL.

Billick is known to be stubborn about making adjustments. His thinking is why should he when they were undefeated? Hopefully, after the loss, he sees that Smith or Anderson are running better than Lewis. Even though the holes aren't always there, it seems that the other two RBs are hitting them harder and making positive yds while JL tippy-toes until the entire DL shuts him down, usually for no gain or a loss.

We have limited roster spots so I can't pick up his backup without dropping a starter. So Jamal continues to be a waste of space. Until Billick makes a choice, which may not be this year, I'll have to wait for the change. Unfortunately, I think Billick will go RBBC. I'll probably soon drop Jamal (or my worst starting RB)for Tomlinson's handcuff anyway.

Just read in Yahoo... think KFFL that mentioned Billick said both Anderson & Musa Smith would see more playing time... does that equal 10+10+10 carries or what... Musa had 9 touches last week although 3 were recptions??? Anderson had 5 touches all runs...?

Look here

As a Ravens fan who never misses a down I can tell you Jamal does look God-awful. He will be seeing slightly fewer carries in the near future, and if he doesn't show marked improvement I can promise you we'll be seeing a lot more Musa Smith and Mike Anderson. Personally I'd like to see them give Musa a legit shot, he has looked VERY good when he's been given the rock...good burst, good vision. He's been injury prone so that is a concern, maybe using Smith/Anderson a la Denver (Anderson/Bell) is the way to go :D

Something like 11 years in the league? If that's true, I think you can hardly expect too much out of a RB.

His rookie season was 2000, definitely not 11 years in the league. I think he is only 27 years old. He also missed all of the 2001 season with a torn ACL.

The sun was setting last year. His new contract was setup to allow the Ravens to cut him after this season with a small cap hit.

He hasn't hit defenders like he used to since his 2000 season. I don't believe any 2000 yard rusher has ever lasted at top level for more than 1-2 years.

I'd love to see a rotation of Anderson and Musa. Remember, Anderson was the one they signed to a 4 year contract during the offseason.

I drafted WR Greg Jennings (lead the pre-season in receiving) and Musa Smith (lead all RB's with 8.4 yards per carry in pre-season) with the hope that these exceptional stats would pan out to mean something this year... with that said... I traded away Jennings after his Week 1, 4 target, 1 Reception preformance only to be kicking myself in the a** now... I also dropped Musa after week 2... not to say this means anything at all BUT I had the insight to draft these guys based on what I saw in pre-season... may Billick is starting to see the same thing... I just picked up Musa again just so I won't have to kick myself in the a** again... maybe.

Edited by DeezNuts