[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe / Romo

dopple

What are the chances that Parcells is lying about not giving Romo a shot against Houston just to play mind games w/ Houston's D coordinator? Further, what are the chances that Romo sees playing time against Houston, esp if Bledsoe throws a pick, isn't playing well, or Dallas goes up big early?

This week I have Bledsoe going against Hou and Brunell against Tenn...I'd rather start Bledsoe but am a bit worried that he'll end up not seeing much time. After making the mistake of starting Morency over Fred Taylor last week :D and losing because of it, I don't want lightning to strike twice.

There has been absolutely no indication that Parcells is going to go away from Bledsoe and he has already stated that he would stick with Bledsoe. It is the media drumming up a story - there has been nothing from the Cowboys organization that says Romo is more than a backup.

Zero chance, unfortunately. As long as the Fat Tuna is in Dallas, Bledsoe will be his QB. All you need to do is check out www.dallascowboys.com to read about his intentions. Plus, read Mickey Spagnola's drivel this week about Drew and Parcells. No way Fat Tuna throws Drew under the bus, just won't happen. Basically, the O-Line was blamed 110% for the issues the team had in Philly last week.

Unfortunately, the Texans are next, so Drew should have a solid game there & all we will get are "I told you so's" from Mick, Tuna, and the rest of their minions down in Big D.

The Tuna/Bledsoe--and what is starting to become an Al Davis-like debacle courtesy of Jerry Jones--era cannot end soon enough for me.

So long as Jones owns this franchise, we'll see more and more of this kind of 5 to 9 win a season cartoon. Might as well crack open another Bottle of Jack and enjoy it (haters, too), cause that's all we're going to get for quite a while out of these tools.

:D

Wanted to add one thing...Until Drew is gone, the Cowboys flag I display outside my home on game day shall be flown upside down as a sign of distress. :D

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Zero chance, unfortunately. As long as the Fat Tuna is in Dallas, Bledsoe will be his QB. All you need to do is check out www.dallascowboys.com to read about his intentions. Plus, read Mickey Spagnola's drivel this week about Drew and Parcells. No way Fat Tuna throws Drew under the bus, just won't happen. Basically, the O-Line was blamed 110% for the issues the team had in Philly last week.

Unfortunately, the Texans are next, so Drew should have a solid game there & all we will get are "I told you so's" from Mick, Tuna, and the rest of their minions down in Big D.

The Tuna/Bledsoe--and what is starting to become an Al Davis-like debacle courtesy of Jerry Jones--era cannot end soon enough for me.

So long as Jones owns this franchise, we'll see more and more of this kind of 5 to 9 win a season cartoon. Might as well crack open another Bottle of Jack and enjoy it (haters, too), cause that's all we're going to get for quite a while out of these tools.

:D

Wanted to add one thing...Until Drew is gone, the Cowboys flag I display outside my home on game day shall be flown upside down as a sign of distress. :D

Not that I'm defending Bledsoe's poor decision-making, but Parcells is making the correct decision. A young QB like Romo is going to go through growing pains, especially when playing beind a line that can't pass-block. Bledsoe gives them the best chance to win right now.

That said, I expect that Drew will be cut next year. Romo looks like their QB of the future.

Not that I'm defending Bledsoe's poor decision-making, but Parcells is making the correct decision. A young QB like Romo is going to go through growing pains, especially when playing beind a line that can't pass-block. Bledsoe gives them the best chance to win right now.

That said, I expect that Drew will be cut next year. Romo looks like their QB of the future.

Yep, I know. Romo's sat in the wings for 3 years now, I think it's time for some reps. Dallas will not do better than 9-7 with Bledsoe at the controls anyhow. I expect both Bledsoe and Parcells to be gone next year, anyhow. I'm hopeful Jeff Fisher might have a shot at coaching, but we'll see.

Yep, I know. Romo's sat in the wings for 3 years now, I think it's time for some reps. Dallas will not do better than 9-7 with Bledsoe at the controls anyhow. I expect both Bledsoe and Parcells to be gone next year, anyhow. I'm hopeful Jeff Fisher might have a shot at coaching, but we'll see.

If the Cowboys are trying to win right now, Romo shouldn't be getting reps unless the game is a blowout.

But I agree that Parcells is probably gone next year and that Fisher would be an excellent replacement. He's VERY underrated, IMO.

But I agree that Parcells is probably gone next year and that Fisher would be an excellent replacement. He's VERY underrated, IMO.

Why do you say he is underrated? Everytime some mentions Fisher people gush over him. Every analyst that says he will be let go from Tennessee says that he will be one of the hottest commodities this off season. I don't think he is underrated at all.

Why do you say he is underrated? Everytime some mentions Fisher people gush over him. Every analyst that says he will be let go from Tennessee says that he will be one of the hottest commodities this off season. I don't think he is underrated at all.

Yes, the ANALYSTS know that Fisher is a very good HC. However, most of the I-watch-football-on-Sunday-because-it's-on crowd doesn't.