[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT disappointment

bones1979

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 TD games are indeed over I believe. But he will still put up great numbers, he has had 2 very tough games the last 2 weeks. Expect him to be a beast Vs San Fran.

would u trade him for djax and caddy or trade him and colston for t jones, cedric benso and marvin harrison

4 TD games are indeed over I believe. But he will still put up great numbers, he has had 2 very tough games the last 2 weeks. Expect him to be a beast Vs San Fran.

It seems like the only way he will score multiple TD's is if he gets one very early in a game then another by the half. As soon as SD is up big, in comes turner for 15+carries...

This is the first time I've had LT and I think he's been fine. A few too many carries going to Turner, but otherwise he seems okay. No RB has 16- 100 yd games in a season and no one scores every week. I'd bet he'll still finish top 3 this season. :D

LT is going to get most all of the meaningful carries. As far as I could tell, towards the end of the PBurg game, when Turner was in, LT was split out. He was still getting touches when Turner was on the field.

I'd rather Turner grab a few carries late in a blow-out. This will help keep LT healthy and fresh. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I don't think anyone could convince me that Turner is better than LT.

LOL! LT is still a top 3 back, if not THE best back in the league. Turner getting carries is a good thing because you want LT fresh for weeks 13-16 when it actually matters. I wouldn't trade LT for anyone straight up, only for 2+ frontline studs. The only reason you are down on him is because he's had a bye and two consecutive TOUGH rushing D's. As the season progresses the SD QB will become more seasoned and people will have to respect the pass more, thus opening up lanes for LT. If anything, now is the time to make trade offers FOR LT, not to trade him away.

I could be mistaken, but hasn't LT fizzled out towards the end of the year? Maybe the Chargers are trying to keep him more fresh with putting Turner in a little more often during the season.

Last year he and Gates did and that's why they are using Turner more imo. He has a new QB. Give it a little time.

Turner is definitely cutting into LT's numbers, but keep in mind that Marty is going to run A LOT more than most HCs when he has the lead. Therefore, it's not as bad as it seems. And it's a good thing for LT owners in keeper leagues, as he's going to be better off in the long term.

Be happy LT is not getting overused.I owned him last year and he got the rib injury,he did not score a TD for 5 weeks.This all happened during the playoff weeks in fantasy football.If I owned LT I would not want to see him getting more than 20-23 touches a game.If healthy in weeks 13-16 and the Chargers are fighting for a playoff spot watch out because LT will be trouncing your competition for you!!!!

Maybe the Chargers are trying to keep him more fresh with putting Turner in a little more often during the season.

There it is.

Along with the fact that Marty now likes to have Turner and LT in the backfield on some plays so that defenses can't key on either one.

There it is.

Along with the fact that Marty now likes to have Turner and LT in the backfield on some plays so that defenses can't key on either one.

As a Charger fan, which I know you are, that's all well and good. As a fantasy owner, not so good at all, which is why he's on the trading block.

Why was this thread started? Is this your first year in fantasy football? If so, then I can understand. Like someone mentioned earlier, no stud at their position puts up 100yds and a TD every game. He just played 2 very good defenses which is why his numbers the last two games have suffered. He will get his and in my estimation will be the best RB this year. Stop worrying wort.

Why was this thread started? Is this your first year in fantasy football? If so, then I can understand. Like someone mentioned earlier, no stud at their position puts up 100yds and a TD every game. He just played 2 very good defenses which is why his numbers the last two games have suffered. He will get his and in my estimation will be the best RB this year. Stop worrying wort.

Dude, writing's on the wall - can't you read?

I've played FF for 10 years and have done quite well thank you. Anytime a starting RB - stud like LT or otherwise - shares carries, any carries, their numbers go down. LT is a great player, but this is about fantasy production.

Bottom line - Turner's participation in the offense has and will continue to hurt LT from a fantasy perspective. Wear your rose colored glasses if you want, but I'm trading.

Dude, writing's on the wall - can't you read?

I've played FF for 10 years and have done quite well thank you. Anytime a starting RB - stud like LT or otherwise - shares carries, any carries, their numbers go down. LT is a great player, but this is about fantasy production.

Bottom line - Turner's participation in the offense has and will continue to hurt LT from a fantasy perspective. Wear your rose colored glasses if you want, but I'm trading.

You do realize that Turner's presence on the field is not really coming at the expense of Tomlinson's, don't you? They are both staying on the field and Tomlinson sort of turns into an H-Back, which opens him up as a receiver. Tomlinson got a number of catches last week with Turner lined up as the lone back. It ain't like LT2 is coming off the field everytime Turner goes in.

You do realize that Turner's presence on the field is not really coming at the expense of Tomlinson's, don't you? They are both staying on the field and Tomlinson sort of turns into an H-Back, which opens him up as a receiver. Tomlinson got a number of catches last week with Turner lined up as the lone back. It ain't like LT2 is coming off the field everytime Turner goes in.

Exactly!

This is fine by me because a. The league I own him in we get double points for non-traditional TDs (ie... RB catches a TD) and b. In week one, his last 5-8 carries were up the middle and gang tackled for little or no gain. I don't want LT to get 30 carries a game like he did in week one because the last 8 or so did nothing except for increase the chance of him getting hurt. LT will be fine. What RB will out-produce him this year?

All I know is the numbers, regardless of how they're being used, and aside from one game, which in year's past would have been a HUGE game, they've been down - good by fantasy standards, but not the overwhelming numbers that made him untradeable before. I'm looking for a stud WR (an area of need on my squad) and a very good RB - but one that doesn't share a lot of work. I'd throw in an Antonio Bryant type receiver in order to make this trade.