[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How ugly will the Raider/Broncos game get?

FishFreak

NBC can't be too happy with this match-up and I'm not too happy about having to start Moss this week. I'm praying for a miracle but Andrew Walter and that O-Line matched up against that tough Denver D looks like big trouble. Moss might decide to not come back onto the field after halftime! I'm guessing 34-3 or something ugly like that. What are the chances of the Raiders scoring more than 7 points this week? :D

NBC can't be too happy with this match-up and I'm not too happy about having to start Moss this week. I'm praying for a miracle but Andrew Walter and that O-Line matched up against that tough Denver D looks like big trouble. Moss might decide to not come back onto the field after halftime! I'm guessing 34-3 or something ugly like that. What are the chances of the Raiders scoring more than 7 points this week? :D

Ya, this could be one ugly match up, but as far as Moss goes you never know. I have more faith in Moss this week then I have in Jordan. Moss could suprise, then again he could drop his 3rd touchdown pass in a row! You never know with these crazy Raiders nowadays..lol :D

Well, the good thing is that we can listen to the Three Ts (Tirico/Theis/Tony) do it again on MNF. Golly darn, they are just amazing! With them in the booth, I hardly care what goes on during the game anyway!

Edit to add...this is the sunday night game so meh...don't mind me... :D

Edited by CowboysDiehard

In most years, I would guess that Denver would feast on the struggling Raiders but how much of a challenge will this really be for them? The Denver offense has not exactly been lighting the world on fire this year anyway.

But then I wonder if Shanahan will want to really stick it to the Raiders here. He's always hated them since being dumped four games into 1989 and never getting paid in full. And now the Raiders show up with Art Shell - the same coach that replaced him in 1989. What a way to serve up a crippling blow to the Raiders by absolutely stomping on them.

In most years, I would guess that Denver would feast on the struggling Raiders but how much of a challenge will this really be for them? The Denver offense has not exactly been lighting the world on fire this year anyway.

But then I wonder if Shanahan will want to really stick it to the Raiders here. He's always hated them since being dumped four games into 1989 and never getting paid in full. And now the Raiders show up with Art Shell - the same coach that replaced him in 1989. What a way to serve up a crippling blow to the Raiders by absolutely stomping on them.

Does it really matter anymore? We have been uterly embarrassed in every imaginary way these past few seasons! Heck, Shanarat might as well jump on the field and put up 150 yards rushing and 3 td's himself! :D

Shanahan is going to :D RELEASE THE HOUNDS on the Raiders. At least for the first 3 quarters. What better way to build up confidence in your players then a game like this.....

Unless, wait a minute, do I smell a trap.......

Does it really matter anymore? We have been uterly embarrassed in every imaginary way these past few seasons! Heck, Shanarat might as well jump on the field and put up 150 yards rushing and 3 td's himself! :D

:bash:

Well... maybe he wouldn't be a bad start this week. :D

Skeletor loves sticking it to the Raiders. I don't see much sympathy or lightening up this week.

Art Shell's record against the Dan Reeves/John Elway Broncos from 89-93? An amazing 10 wins vs 1 loss.

Shanahan is so bitter, he's gonna run up the score big time...I don't care if it's 99-0. -Shanahan is "commited to excelence,(revenge)"

How soon everyone forgets the 14-13 Colts-Titans game. Stranger things have happened.

This is a whole different situation. The animosity between the Raiders & the Broncos is almost legendary. There is a lot of past bad blood between the two team that goes way beyond what happens on the field, with Davis & DEN owner Bowlen going head to head on league issues, especially when it came to things like moving the Raiders, and Davis screwing Shanahan out of $1/2M in payment.

This game is a pound-of-flesh thing every time the two teams play, which I don't think the IND/TEN matchup has transcended to.

Unless I completely miss my guess, this is the game that Shanahan is going to use to try to get his offense healthy. The O has been sputtering and Shanahan takes a tremendous amount of pride in his reputation as an offensive mastermind. That means he'll pull out all the stops to put up as many points & yards as possible on OAK, which he'd normally do anyhow given the blood feud between he & Davis. He'll especially relish pounding OAK into dust in front of a national audience on Sunday night.

I see this as getting ugly very early on. OAK has virtually quit this year already and are clearly in a disfunctional state. If somehow they can stay in the game early, they may find enough professional pride to keep the game close, but I just can't see that happening. What I see as far more likely is DEN getting up by 7+ points early, and then as the Raiders implode, Shanahan will step on the gas & run the score up badly. He'd love nothing more than to serve up some serious embarassment in front of the entire league & country to Al, and there might be more than a few owners & league management types secretly enjoying it also.

Does anyone know at what point in the season can NBC/ESPN change the scheduled match-ups? This game certainly qualifies.

ESPN can't change theirs.

NBC has games predetermined for weeks 1-9 and Christmas night - these can't be changed. Weeks 10-15 and 17 have no scheduled game and they can pick which games they then want, with a few exceptions for which CBS and FOX can protect a limited number of games.

Doesn't Shanahan think Davis still owes him $160,000+

This is a whole different situation. The animosity between the Raiders & the Broncos is almost legendary. There is a lot of past bad blood between the two team that goes way beyond what happens on the field, with Davis & DEN owner Bowlen going head to head on league issues, especially when it came to things like moving the Raiders, and Davis screwing Shanahan out of $1/2M in payment.

This game is a pound-of-flesh thing every time the two teams play, which I don't think the IND/TEN matchup has transcended to.

Unless I completely miss my guess, this is the game that Shanahan is going to use to try to get his offense healthy. The O has been sputtering and Shanahan takes a tremendous amount of pride in his reputation as an offensive mastermind. That means he'll pull out all the stops to put up as many points & yards as possible on OAK, which he'd normally do anyhow given the blood feud between he & Davis. He'll especially relish pounding OAK into dust in front of a national audience on Sunday night.

I see this as getting ugly very early on. OAK has virtually quit this year already and are clearly in a disfunctional state. If somehow they can stay in the game early, they may find enough professional pride to keep the game close, but I just can't see that happening. What I see as far more likely is DEN getting up by 7+ points early, and then as the Raiders implode, Shanahan will step on the gas & run the score up badly. He'd love nothing more than to serve up some serious embarassment in front of the entire league & country to Al, and there might be more than a few owners & league management types secretly enjoying it also.

In 1989, after finishing the season at 3-13, the Jimi Johnson/Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys were 1-15. Guess who that 1 win was against? It was against their biggest and most hated rival throughout the 70s and 80s, the 10-6 Washington Redskins.

Never say never....sure Shanarat and the Donkeys should win this game, but this easily could turn out to be one of those games where people say what the hell just happened. :D

Edited by Return Of S&B

In 1989, after finishing the season at 3-13, the Jimi Johnson/Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys were 1-15. Guess who that 1 win was against? It was against their biggest and most hated rival throughout the 70s and 80s, the 10-6 Washington Redskins.

Never say never....sure Shanarat and the Donkeys should win this game, but this easily could turn out to be one of those games where people say what the hell just happened. :D

Normally I'd agree with you, especially having grown up in the Packers/Bears rivalry where the poorer team always seemed to find a way to make the game one hell of an adventure every year. But Shanahan has owned the Raiders since he took over as HC in DEN. His record against OAK is 17-5 and the average score is DEN 26 to OAK 18. That's a huge average margin. Now you look at this year's version of each team, where DEN is a particularly strong team & OAK is a legitimate candidate to lose every game this year, and I have a hard time giving OAK any chance of competing in this game.

That's just a black/white statistical look at the game - not one by a Blue & Orange colored glasses dreamer.

Normally I'd agree with you, especially having grown up in the Packers/Bears rivalry where the poorer team always seemed to find a way to make the game one hell of an adventure every year. But Shanahan has owned the Raiders since he took over as HC in DEN. His record against OAK is 17-5 and the average score is DEN 26 to OAK 18. That's a huge average margin. Now you look at this year's version of each team, where DEN is a particularly strong team & OAK is a legitimate candidate to lose every game this year, and I have a hard time giving OAK any chance of competing in this game.

That's just a black/white statistical look at the game - not one by a Blue & Orange colored glasses dreamer.

Oh really? So you think Plummer is a decent Quarterback??? Werent you the one who started another post about who you should trade the looser too? Man, hypocrisy at its best

I know my Raiders passing offense blows but Denver's passing offense has not impressed anybody either. Only difference is that your defense has won you some games while Plummer continously turns the ball over.

You want to bring up black/white statistics?? Here is a Fact for you that you seem to gloss over, Shell has a 10-1 record against your beloved Donkeys....now sure Shell may be too old-school to coach successfully in this era but you better believe Shell will have his team ready for the team HE has dominated over the years as a Coach and Player.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Oh really? So you think Plummer is a decent Quarterback??? Werent you the one who started another post about who you should trade the looser too? Man, hypocrisy at its best

I know my Raiders passing offense blows but Denver's passing offense has not impressed anybody either. Only difference is that your defense has won you some games while Plummer continously turns the ball over.

You want to bring up black/white statistics?? Here is a Fact for you that you seem to gloss over, Shell has a 10-1 record against your beloved Donkeys....now sure Shell may be too old-school to coach successfully in this era but you better believe Shell will have his team ready for the team HE has dominated over the years as a Coach and Player.

Shell can't even get all of his players on the field. Please don't lecture me about how great a coach Shell is when he is manning the rudder of the leakiest row boat in the NFL's fleet.

I'll gladly take Plummer, as bad as he has been this year, over the stack of crap that OAK has at the same position. :D @ Davis' thinking that Aaron Brooks was the answer to OAK's QB problems.

As far as the thread about trading the "looser" Plummer, that was started because DEN has an even better QB waiting in the wings who only needs some seasoning before he's ready to take over. You know, the guy OAK could have drafted in the first round before DEN if their owner wasn't a senile piss-his-own-Depends guy who thinks he is on top of a game that bypassed him at least a decade ago.

Head back to your 3rd grade class & learn a little spelling & logic. Apparently your first 4 years at that grade level hasn't sunken in yet.

Shell can't even get all of his players on the field. Please don't lecture me about how great a coach Shell is when he is manning the rudder of the leakiest row boat in the NFL's fleet.

I'll gladly take Plummer, as bad as he has been this year, over the stack of crap that OAK has at the same position. :bash: @ Davis' thinking that Aaron Brooks was the answer to OAK's QB problems.

As far as the thread about trading the "looser" Plummer, that was started because DEN has an even better QB waiting in the wings who only needs some seasoning before he's ready to take over. You know, the guy OAK could have drafted in the first round before DEN if their owner wasn't a senile piss-his-own-Depends guy who thinks he is on top of a game that bypassed him at least a decade ago.

Head back to your 3rd grade class & learn a little spelling & logic. Apparently your first 4 years at that grade level hasn't sunken in yet.

Wow, after calling out your starting QB you change the subject and lecture about spelling....real adult of you.

Let me remind your hillbilly azz about the 8 yards passing in the first half of last week's Ravens game :D Sorry, but your savior wont be starting this game...it will be that imposter you guys have been starting since week 1. I can easily see Plummer throw another 3 picks in this game like he did in his debut against the Rams this year.

As for Brooks, he wont be playing, it will be Walter. Get it right smegma. Sure Walter is raw but he has talent....he did break most of Elway's passing records in college....with some more playing time his numbers will improve.

So, brag all you want about Shanahan and the Denver Broncos, the fact of the matter is the Raiders have OWNED the Donkeys over the years with a 54 to 37 advantage :D ....so go suck on that logic.

Edited by Return Of S&B