[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre

Swashbucklers

Packer homers, will Favre be the starter for the rest of the season, barring injury, or will he give way to Rogers later on in the year? Is he so beloved that they won't consider yanking him or is that a possibility?

I think he will start until they just can't stand it anymore, and that may never happen. To the Packers (owners), he is God. He is going to be given the chance to grecefully bow out with dignity. As long as he posts decent numbers, and it will happen with good match ups, he's there to stay. Some of his teammates don't agree and wish he'd move on down the line, but they don't sign the paychecks.

I think he will start until they just can't stand it anymore, and that may never happen. To the Packers (owners), he is God. He is going to be given the chance to grecefully bow out with dignity. As long as he posts decent numbers, and it will happen with good match ups, he's there to stay. Some of his teammates don't agree and wish he'd move on down the line, but they don't sign the paychecks.

Thats funny, because I read the Wisconsin newspapers and live on the packerchatters website and I havent heard that mentioned once...

I think he would have to take himself out if he continues playing poorly. The team is improving though and if they get a decent running game he could be back next season. He needs to improve his own ply. If he can do that I think he stays.

I think he would have to sit himself down at this point. This is Green Bay after all. They don't bench hall of famers over there.

He's holding the team hostage. If he truly was a "team" player for the Packers, he'd put the ego and the desire to play football aside and realize that he is not the future and they are not going to win anything this year. A hard pill to swallow for a gamer like Favre, I know, but it's time for him to face reality. Does he want to go for the record or help the Packers improve quicker?

Edited by TDFFFreak