[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Loss vs. Philly (Parcells not prepared)

Scooby

1st and goal on the 4 with clock stopped at :38. Cowboys have been running all over the Eagles the entire day. The play call? a pass against a spread defense who had been stopping your QB all day. Why not run? Run it in or spike afterward and still have :20+ with 2 plays left. Parcells risked it all when he put the ball in Bledsoes hands. Of course, Parcell's made no adjustments against the blitz. He travels with no FB adn 2 kickers, neither of which can kick a kickoff past the 10. Where was Bledsoes protection adjustments? We spotted Philly 10pts then gave two deep balls b/c of poor angles by our safeties.We still had a chance at the end and Parcells blew it. Let's face it, Parcell's did not have the 'Boys prepared.

I also hold Parcells to blame for allowing a statue to hold on to the ball too long and continously choke in pressure situations. This guy is a joke. Only looks good when the game is in hand and no one applies pressure. Make the change for gawds sake.

man man man..... this is a team sport they all lost the game!! yes the tuna made some bad calls ,TO dropped some balls ,Bledsoe gave up some picks .. But it goes as a team loss.I hate TO and would love to blame it all on him but i would be wrong. the point is that more than 1 person is at fault and they better get it strait or kiss the playoffs goodbye :D

if you guys think Romo is taking the boys to the superbowl. YOU'RE OprahING OUT OF YOUR MINDS. Yes Bledsoe sucks. Yes he's a turn over MACHINE. he's a borderline special. YES YES YES. But he gives you the best chance to win. The Cowboys do not need style points. they do not need a gunslinger. They need experience.

Sure Bledsoe makes mistakes, but if you think Romo won't, you're out of your minds. Period.

Stick with Bledsoe until the season is gone, then goto Romo. until then, shut up. :D

yep, you guys are right, it was all Parcells fault.

It certainly counldn't be that they were playing a team with an MVP-caliber QB and with a defensive line that is leading the NFL in sacks and pressures :D

Exactly. It is Parcells fault, though, that his team isn't as good as Andy Reid's team. :D

I also hold Parcells to blame for allowing a statue to hold on to the ball too long and continously choke in pressure situations. This guy is a joke. Only looks good when the game is in hand and no one applies pressure. Make the change for gawds sake.

Bledsoe didn't have time to hold on to the ball too long b/c parcells didn't adjust to the blitz. instead of taking a FB, he took 2 kickers. Note to Parcells, put those TE you like so much to block back there, and the one whose side isn't blitzed goes out as a safety dump. very simple adjustment, Where was it?

The biggest problem the Cowboys had was that the Eagles are a better football team. Until they figure out how to be a better football team than the Eagles, they will get similar results. :D

Seriously though, other than Philly being the better team...the problems I saw for Dallas were:

1. Poor DEF (from a usually "pretty good" DEF)

2. Bledsoe = mummy I must admit...I've been a Bledsoe apologist. (Well, not publicly....but to myself everytime I read the threads dogging him.) He's very robotic and can be a very good pocket passer......when he has time. ALOT of time. Sometimes even 7-9 seconds isn't enough time. Those kinds of QBs are extinct in the NFL these days. Bledsoe is just the last one around. Yeah, the line sucks...but you can't expect the O-lines to protect the way they used to. The DEF line guys are just MUCH, MUCH better. 50x more athletic, and nearly as big.

3. Offensive line play (see above)

4. Coaching (as mentioned...abandoning the run, stupid playcalling..etc.)

5. T.O. = alligator arms. Is it just me, but is he short arming balls more and more over the past few years? He could have hauled in a few of those incompletions IMO, AND prevented the INT on the short ball. Yeah, he had a step or 2 and if the ball was deep enough...it's prob 6...but it looked like he just gave up on trying to come back to it. 3 catches for 45 yards? You dominate this game. You're supposed to "get yours" regardless of who the QB is, regardless of the O-line. Whatever. Didn't get it done in a big game. That's why he gets the big $ right?

6. Julius Jones will never take the job from Marion Barber completely. When you need a nice gain on 3rd and short...he's sure to come up SHORT. Barber makes more big plays.

7. T.O. was/is a distraction. :D

Edited by Hitman