[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS

Cameltosis

That would be interesting if USC does indeed get ranked ahead of Ohio State in the BCS rankings. Would be great for the Trojans since in most people's opinion at least today that Ohio State is in the championship game as long as they win out. The who plays them if they win team seems to be the question being asked. If USC gets the nod early then it's probably theirs to lose. Can't ask for more than that if you're a Buckeye or Trojan fan.

Even as a diehard USC fan, putting Trojans #1 is dubious to me - I think #2 or even #3 is about right, much like most polls. There is no doubt the SEC and Big 10+ conferences are tougher than the Pac10 this year, but USC gets props for the huge non-conf schedule with Arkansas, Nebraska and ND.

As those 3 teams continue to win, outside of the loss to USC (ND still to come hopefully!) it helps USC maybe pull ahead of Florida, but I'm surprised it shows them #1 right now. But if we lose more than 1 game it won't matter at all....

I couldn't care where the BCS puts any teams, the BCS is a f'ing joke and always has been and always will be. They have lucked out so many times with teams losing late and making it look like the system works.

If a team in any of the Big 5 conferences finishes undefeated they deserve to go imo. If the Bucks win out, doesn't matter if the BCS has them ranked 10 to start off, they still make the National Championship game, that goes for USC and Florida too.

ND, Auburn and Texas of the one loss teams have the best chance to make it if they win out over a 1 loss USC, Bucks of Florida team since they lost early in the season.

ESPN is reporting the first BCS rankings will have USC at the top with Ohio State second. As much as this angers me I dont see it mattering. If the Bucks win out they are in.

I'm watching College Gameday on ESPN and they said the BCS will have

1. OSU

2.USC

3.Florida

4.Michigan

5. Louisvile

I like the Gators and Michigan over USC and don't agree Louisville is even close to being in the top 5.

Don't worry about an 'overrated' USC getting #2 for now - not much to fear, I'm afraid.

Despite our admirably tough non-conf schedule, one loss could totally run USC out of the BCS. It all depends on who it is against, unfortunately, regardless of how well Arkansas and Nebraska finish out.

I think the most important games for my Trojans among the 'Big 4' (Cal, Oregon, ND and UCLA,) in November/Dec. are Cal and ND, with emphasis on Cal. (I will not even consider losing to Stanford or the Beavers here, thank you very much - crossing fingers....) We should be 8-0 heading in the last 4.

If we beat Cal and run the table 12-0, we should go to the big NC game over a 12-0 WVU/Louisville, to face a likely unbeaten OSU/Michigan.

If we lose only to ND and go 11-1, we should still get into the Rose as the Pac10 winner.

But Cal is the real key: even if we only lose to them and go 11-1, it could push us all the way down to the Holiday Bowl, with Cal likely going to the Rose with their 9-0 conf. record, (or another BCS game).

Now if we beat both Cal and ND but lose to either Oregon or UCLA for our 11-1 record, we're really toast. It could blow the Pac10 out of BCS, with Ducks getting the Holiday bowl and USC could end up with the Insight, Vegas or Sun. Yuck....

All 4 will be interesting to watch - what a finish! The only one I'm going to is v. Oregon on Homecoming 11/1. (I go with a big group of alum buddies and sons/daughters - we have fun every year. Wives get the day off to do girlie things.) On that day, that one will be the most important one of all. I plan on losing my voice....

Edited by Coffeeman

I'm telling you, if USC stumbles, and then Michigan knocks off Ohio State in a close game... National championship game will be Michigan-Ohio ST Part II. It's a real possibility, because we all know, if Ohio State barely loses to a very good Michigan team, they wont fall that far in the polls. Oklahoma didn't in 03. Ohio State would drop to #3 at worst in the human polls, and there computer rankings should be pretty high by that point. Imagine the controversy then?

Even as a diehard USC fan, putting Trojans #1 is dubious to me - I think #2 or even #3 is about right, much like most polls. There is no doubt the SEC and Big 10+ conferences are tougher than the Pac10 this year, but USC gets props for the huge non-conf schedule with Arkansas, Nebraska and ND.

As those 3 teams continue to win, outside of the loss to USC (ND still to come hopefully!) it helps USC maybe pull ahead of Florida, but I'm surprised it shows them #1 right now. But if we lose more than 1 game it won't matter at all....

It doesn't matter. USC will never make it through Cal to be undefeated. They almost lost at home to ASU. I live in AZ and know how embarrassing that is. ASU and UofA are horrible, and both played USC tough.

USC will have 2 losses and have to accept a bid to play in the Culligan Toilet bowl.

I'm telling you, if USC stumbles, and then Michigan knocks off Ohio State in a close game... National championship game will be Michigan-Ohio ST Part II. It's a real possibility, because we all know, if Ohio State barely loses to a very good Michigan team, they wont fall that far in the polls. Oklahoma didn't in 03. Ohio State would drop to #3 at worst in the human polls, and there computer rankings should be pretty high by that point. Imagine the controversy then?

There is no reason not to believe that even if Michigan loses, they will play them again in the NC. Losing to OSU should not drop you down too much. Auburn will get trounced by OSU. Anyone see what happens when Auburn trails in a game? Florida could make a game of it as could USC if they can grow up quickly. In the end, Michigan will play OSU the toughest.

There is no reason not to believe that even if Michigan loses, they will play them again in the NC. Losing to OSU should not drop you down too much. Auburn will get trounced by OSU. Anyone see what happens when Auburn trails in a game? Florida could make a game of it as could USC if they can grow up quickly. In the end, Michigan will play OSU the toughest.

I think Texas would get in then, since they only lost to OSU also, and earlier in the year. You're forgetting who set all this up years ago, and what the motivations are here.

If they couldn't find a legal way to avoid having two Big10+ teams in the NC title game, they might try to find another, more sneaky, way. If it can't be stopped this year, the other 5 BCS commissioners will go ballistic and would take pains to never let it happen again...

Yeah but Texas is getting no love at all from the computers right now. Not to say that they won't later on. I think if Michigan loses to TOSU, then a more likely team might be winner of WVU-Louisville, since both of there computer rankings will go up, since both will play pitt and rutgers yet. Texas has an outside shot, but they need some help.

Yeah but Texas is getting no love at all from the computers right now. Not to say that they won't later on. I think if Michigan loses to TOSU, then a more likely team might be winner of WVU-Louisville, since both of there computer rankings will go up, since both will play pitt and rutgers yet. Texas has an outside shot, but they need some help.

OSU vs. a WVU or Louisville in a 'battle of unbeatens' will be a sham of a NC title game. Look out for another 55-19 type game where only diehard OSU fans enjoy watching....