[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Women and fantasy football...

TheCMB

Seems like I'm seeing more ladies on the board these days - not that there's anything wrong with that! Just wondering how many people have women in their leagues - and if they're holding their own.

What ever happened to SteelBunz? That chick knew her chit.

Seems like I'm seeing more ladies on the board these days - not that there's anything wrong with that! Just wondering how many people have women in their leagues - and if they're holding their own.

What ever happened to SteelBunz? That chick knew her chit.

bunz is still around(she is in multiple BOTH leagues)

My wife doesn't participate in any FF leagues but just the other day she showed me a printout the she did of the NFL standings and next to each team she had filled in the names of the QBs and Coaches for each team that she knew(brought a tear to my eye)

and she did really really good....consider this we live in VA and I am an eagles Homer and she knew that Romeo Crennel was the coach of the Browns...and this past sunday we were watching a game and she grabbed her sheet and filled in the name of a coach that she didnt have...also she couldnt remember Shanahans name but she called him Skeletor :D

I will have to take a look at her list and see exactly how many she had right

Men are fact-based logical creatures as opposed to Women who are illogical intuition-based. This makes Women and FFL perfect bedfellows and they are capable of winning every single league they join... If you do not want to lose your money, do not let a woman into your league. :D

:tup: Yeah....last time I checked (about 5 minutes ago), I didn't have one of those dangling thingys between my legs you guys are SO enamored with......lol. :D Wait....come to think of it.....I am pretty enamored with them too. :bash:

Hughy babe......I :heart: ya! :D:doh:

Thanks CMB....I'm still around.....LOL. :lol:

In WAY too many leagues....I have a cheatsheet JUST for the FA/WW schedules. :clap:

Just haven't posted too much on the main board this year.....that's all. :huh:

How are you doing in YOUR leagues this year, hun?

:bash: Yeah....last time I checked (about 5 minutes ago), I didn't have one of those dangling thingys between my legs you guys are SO enamored with......lol. :D Wait....come to think of it.....I am pretty enamored with them too. :D

This is the single greatest quote I've ever read at the Huddle.

:D Yeah....last time I checked (about 5 minutes ago), I didn't have one of those dangling thingys between my legs you guys are SO enamored with......lol. :

So you and Hugh have that in common

I think more and more women are getting involved because some are genuine sports lovers but also want to get involved in male dominated activities to meet guys. I also think women would take great pleasure in kicking ass in a league filled with men that are supposed to know the most about their favorite pass time.

I personally would allow a woman or two into my league IF she knew her stuff. There is usually 1-2 morons in every league no matter what so a chick who knows her stuff will at LEAST be better than those annual idiots who end up sucking in leagues every year.

The tough part is recruiting/finding these chicks. Just imagine if you found a chick who knew her stuff AND was hot. Or better yet, imagine if you could join a tough all-women league who knew their stuff? OR just imagine if you got into a Playboy bunny all-women fantasy league held at the playboy mansion? This is fantasy right so why not dream? I bet a guy like Brad Pitt could get into a fantasy league like that!

OR just imagine if you got into a Playboy bunny all-women fantasy league held at the playboy mansion? This is fantasy right so why not dream?

I can imagine this, for certain. In my imagination there's also a tickle panty-fight that ultimately gets out of hand... :D

my wife hates fantasy football and usually leaves the room whenever football is on the tv. i would love it if she played and watched. girls that are into sports are so much hotter than those that aren't. there is a website created in part by Elizabeth Hasselbeck that is trying to promote fantasy football for women. it is called herfootball.com and for every person that signs up, $1 is donated to breast cancer research. i think that is a great way to bring women in.

My oldest daughter drafted a team this year for another owner in my local who couldn't make the draft. They are now co-managing the team, and their team is strong. Her team will probably kick my team's ass when I play her later in the year!!! :D She's definitely a chip off the old block and deserves a team of her own if someone drops out of our league next year.

There is a women in our league. She is currently in 3rd place total points and 1st in her division. I should point out she is not your average women. She does play by play for the local High School footbal games and she knows her chit.

She's clearly not your average women, as she seems to be many of them.

I'm a woman playing FF. I love football and FF. Wish I could be in more leagues.

Two years ago I won my league!! Our league has an equal number of men and women and over the years the women have kicked butt. Our league formed this way b/c we played co ed softball together (traveled to several World Series together)

So there are more women than you think--and some of us love it. My Sunday's are as filled with football as you 'guys'!!!!! :D:bash: So here's to some of you that I'd love to go head to head with. :D

My then girlfriend now wife assumed control of a team three years ago when an owner bailed. She was good on the message boards and knows a bit about football, so she wound up keeping the team.

She's made the playoffs two years running and if Priest doesn't go down with an injury back in 2004, I swear she'd have won the whole thing (auction league, also had CPepp).

My wife's cousins wanted to start a league a few years back after hearing me talk about fantasy football, so one labor day weekend at the Jersey shore we had a draft. One of them couldn't make it, so my wife took over and drafted a team. I gave her some cheat sheets to "give her a chance". She used a Glamour Magizine on her lap as something to write on, so she named her team the "Glamour Boys."

Well, she had the first pick and took Marshall Faulk. In the middle rounds she took Priest Holmes... it was Holmes break out year, as I recall. The rest of her picks were more than solid too.

She absolutely crushed the rest of us, including me in the Superbowl. It was the only year the cousins had a league! :D