[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets homer help

Slugs

Can you help me out in understanding the current RB situation with the Jets? What does it look like with Barlow & Washington? How about adding thoughts on CMart?

I think this week will show us all. I am wondering about this as well. It really doesnt matter if he starts, just that he gets the touches. BTW, you know who started last week. Barlow you say.. NOPE. It was Brad Smith.

:D

Yes. Brad Smith was the starting RB even though he is listed as a Rookie WR on the team roster.

So...

The test will be to see how involved he remains in a game when they are not down 41 points.

I think this week will show us all. I am wondering about this as well. It really doesnt matter if he starts, just that he gets the touches. BTW, you know who started last week. Barlow you say.. NOPE. It was Brad Smith.

Yes. Brad Smith was the starting RB even though he is listed as a Rookie WR on the team roster.

So...

The test will be to see how involved he remains in a game when they are not down 41 points.

are you serious? what the hell is Mangini pulling up there? That's more hard core than even Belichik. wow.

Washington, Martin, Blaylock, Barlow, Houston....

I mean, not that any are real great, but Washington has to have the most upside. Last week was encouraging, even if it was in "garbage time". It wasn't like the Jags gave up after they were up 14-0.

Barlow has been a tad dissapointing, but he hasn't given up a ton of fumbles and although he hasn't racked up a ton of yards, he's done well near the goal line.

Personally, I love Martin, though I cringe at the idea of him trying to make it back. Bone on bone? I shaky o-line. I mean other than getting a ring, he hasn't got a lot left to prove. He is one of the toughest sumbiches on the planet. He may very well try it, although he would have to be pretty limited in number of carries and such.

One thought I do have is that whichever RB is the best blocker probably stands to stick in the game, the Jets definitely don't want to risk Pennington getting too many hits. I don't know how well Washington blocks, given his size. Barlow and Houston are much bigger bodies (although that isn't everything when it comes ot blocking).