[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

20-1 ?sounds like easy money

HowboutthemCowboys

NFL analysis: Bears 20-1 to run table

By DAVE TULEY

The Chicago Bears' bandwagon has been filling up quickly as they are not only undefeated at 5-0 but also leading the NFL in scoring offense and scoring defense. Inevitably, the question has already come up: Can they go 16-0?

On Thursday afternoon, the Palms was the first sports book in Las Vegas to put a price on it at 20-1.

Last year, odds on whether the Colts would go undefeated didn't go up here until they were 8-0 and had already gotten past a tough matchup with the Patriots.

So why did Palms race and sports book director Richie Baccellieri put the prop up now?

"The big thing right now is the Bears, so why not?" he said. "Actually, I was having lunch with [Leroy's marketing director and former bookmaker] Jimmy Vaccaro and he suggested it and I said it was too early. We had lunch again today [Thursday] and he brought it up again so I figured it was the right time."

So, did the fact that the Bears have a relatively easy schedule with just three games against teams that are currently over .500 have anything to do with it?

"Nope," he replied. "Basically I did it because Jimmy said it was a good idea. Jimmy is like E.F. Hutton - when Jimmy talks, people listen . . . if they're smart. And he's right. We should get great two-way action on it, and it's fun. We want to get people in here and make it fun, that's what it's all about."

What made the Palms prop more interesting is that Baccellieri put it up with no vig, which means you could have taken 20-1 on the Bears going undefeated or laid 20 to win 1 that they wouldn't.

"We wanted the bettors to let us know what the favorite should be," Baccellieri said.

The first big bet came on "yes," for the the Bears to do it, and Baccellieri lowered that price to 19-1 with the "no" still at -2000, which is still a ridiculously low hold percentage as most matchups with a -2000 favorite would have the dog priced at 14-1 or lower.

20-1 that they don't is like taking candy from a baby... :D

at the giants week 10 - don't the giants have a history of breaking up undefeated seasons. and at New England week 12. Foxboro will be pumped up and the pats should have a great chance to win that one. so i'd say there's a good chance they'll lose one of those 2 games. Then again at 20-1 you have to wager a lot to win a little so not sure it's really worth it. pretty good odds though.

at the giants week 10 - don't the giants have a history of breaking up undefeated seasons. and at New England week 12. Foxboro will be pumped up and the pats should have a great chance to win that one. so i'd say there's a good chance they'll lose one of those 2 games. Then again at 20-1 you have to wager a lot to win a little so not sure it's really worth it. pretty good odds though.

20-1? You wouldn't have to put down that much to win a great deal here.

$50 will get you $1000 right? Not bad considering how well they've played.

20-1? You wouldn't have to put down that much to win a great deal here.

$50 will get you $1000 right? Not bad considering how well they've played.

the initial post was on the side of not going 16-0, i believe, so from that perspective you would have to wager $1000 to win $50 which although perhaps a good bet, almost doesn't seem worth it.

the initial post was on the side of not going 16-0, i believe, so from that perspective you would have to wager $1000 to win $50 which although perhaps a good bet, almost doesn't seem worth it.

correct. I misunderstood it also.

"What made the Palms prop more interesting is that Baccellieri put it up with no vig, which means you could have taken 20-1 on the Bears going undefeated or laid 20 to win 1 that they wouldn't. "

Is the prop bet for the regular season ONLY, or do they have to go undefeated through the season AND all the way through the playoffs?

I will be in Vegas in a couple weeks and may lay $100 that they go undefeated. I doubt they will but 20-1 odds are VERY good in my opinion.

Is the prop bet for the regular season ONLY, or do they have to go undefeated through the season AND all the way through the playoffs?

I will be in Vegas in a couple weeks and may lay $100 that they go undefeated. I doubt they will but 20-1 odds are VERY good in my opinion.

16-0

and when you cash out,don't forget who pointed it out to you. :D