[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick - "Screw it"

Chavez

Keep posting it. It's getting you nowhere. The definition you posted sounds like any monkey with a banana or even you could do it. If that is the case then Vick fits the bill. If all NFL Coaches and GM's want is a textbook definition QB, then the nfl would be pretty lame. Like Vick himself.

Yea, Oxford dictionaries are wrong. Have you heard of the colleges that run an option offense? Those QBs don't throw, but guess what? They're still QBs. Vick can't throw the ball great, but he's still a QB. He's obviously more useful than a lot of people (including you) or they would be paid to be a starter in the NFL.

Are you still bitter about that defeat a few years ago where he went to Lambeau Field and took out your Brett Favre Packers?

Edited by CD6405

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one of those guys they would have taken would have been muhammed because he doesn't have a big head, I can't remember the owners name but he said he wouldn't take TO or Moss. Moss even had his agent call to get traded to ATL before he left minn and they told him now. Arthur Blank, thats the name. The second part of my last post wasn't to you Bill, but to tosberg.

I think if they had a Boldin or a Fitzgerald on their team Vick would be better. Schaub, I don't think he could do it. Not because of his talent, but because of the lack of talent on the line. That line is horrid, but only looks decent because they have a mobile QB that neutralizes the defensive rush.

I can understand why they wouldn't want Moss or T.O., but there have been a number of guys that they could've had if they wanted them (Muhammad, Walker, Coles, Moulds, Lelie, Porter), but they chose to not take that route. My feeling is that they did so because they realized that none of these guys were going to help Vick's lack of accuracy and his inability to read defenses. It would've been wasted money. So, they decided to load up on defense and install a run-heavy offense instead.

Schaub looked pretty good against NE with that leaky O-line last season. I'm not saying that he's starting QB material, but he's a more competent passer than Vick.

I can understand why they wouldn't want Moss or T.O., but there have been a number of guys that they could've had if they wanted them (Muhammad, Walker, Coles, Moulds, Lelie, Porter), but they chose to not take that route. My feeling is that they did so because they realized that none of these guys were going to help Vick's lack of accuracy and his inability to read defenses. It would've been wasted money. So, they decided to load up on defense and install a run-heavy offense instead.

Schaub looked pretty good against NE with that leaky O-line last season. I'm not saying that he's starting QB material, but he's a more competent passer than Vick.

They got Lelie, only problem is the only 2 WRs that could make Vick look consistently WERE TO and Moss :D there wasn't a reason to waste the money on the others, they had to have a very top elite tier WR for him.

Keep posting it. It's getting you nowhere. The definition you posted sounds like any monkey with a banana or even you could do it. If that is the case then Vick fits the bill. If all NFL Coaches and GM's want is a textbook definition QB, then the nfl would be pretty lame. Like Vick himself.

The lady doth protest too much.

Yea, Oxford dictionaries are wrong. Have you heard of the colleges that run an option offense? Those QBs don't throw, but guess what? They're still QBs. Vick can't throw the ball great, but he's still a QB. He's obviously more useful than a lot of people (including you) or they would be paid to be a starter in the NFL.

Are you still bitter about that defeat a few years ago where he went to Lambeau Field and took out your Brett Favre Packers?

No, not at all. The packers deserved to lose that game.

It's great that colleges run that offense, but the NFL ain't no college league. That's why most college players wash out of it. If it was just like college then everyone would make the nfl. And don't make yourself sound important because you used the word "Oxford" in a sentence. Quoting the "Oxford" dictionary won't cover up Vicks lack of skill either.

Edited by tosberg34

I don't know why there is an argument here, I said Vick wasn't a great passer, I said he does stuff with his legs, I mean I agreed, yet people still keep saying he's a bad QB. QB doesn't mean you have to throw, but they usually do.

agreed. There should be no argument here. I was simply trying to convey that Vick wasn't as special as he was made out to be. I consider him lackluster at best. I may have go a little overheated here so I apologize if i've offended anyone.

I ran off cryin but mommy gave me a hug and a cookie and I'm all better now.

Every year we start hearing how Vick doesn't have any receivers. Atlanta drafts receivers, Atlanta trades for receivers, Atlanta signs free agent receivers, and never they have found a good one to match with Vick. Could any of you imagine his completion percentage if it weren't for Warrick Dunn?

After this year it should be clear that the MVE should be done with and he is just an odd fit for a NFL team. Atlanta should be using Schaub as the starter and Vick as a gimmick...then this team will be a real threat.

They got Lelie, only problem is the only 2 WRs that could make Vick look consistently WERE TO and Moss :D there wasn't a reason to waste the money on the others, they had to have a very top elite tier WR for him.

I can't believe that I forgot about Lelie :D

I still don't think that even an elite WR would help Vick that much. Moss didn't help Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, or Andrew Walter much. And those guys are right around Vick's level as a passer.

I can't believe that I forgot about Lelie :D

I still don't think that even an elite WR would help Vick that much. Moss didn't help Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, or Andrew Walter much. And those guys are right around Vick's level as a passer.

You give Vick too much credit.