[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little RESPECT

SLAYER

But if there was any doubt about being a good football team I think that has been erased. Their talent maybe a little less known and perhaps individually not as good. But as a team under Payton they play with an energy that is unmatched.

Geaux Saints :D

But if there was any doubt about being a good football team I think that has been erased. Their talent maybe a little less known and perhaps individually not as good. But as a team under Payton they play with an energy that is unmatched.

I can't really speak to their OL, but at the skill positions:

QB - Brees doesn't necessarily have elite ability, but really has come into his own as far as being a leader and playing efficient, effective football

RB - I'd say McAllister/Bush/Stecker are arguably the deepest backfield in the NFL

WR - Horn is a guy who has slipped a bit but is still productive and apparently a terrific leader in the locker room; Cotchery is shooting for ROY consideration, and Henderson is solid as well

Their defense has been VERY good so far.

They aren't spectacular in any phase, but solid or better in darn near all of them.

I got ripped in an early pre-season prediction thread for predicting the Saints to get in the playoffs in the wildcard, so, I'm not completely shocked. The talent has been there, and they added to that. I think they now have a very good coaching staff in place and are playing great defense. Very impressive so far today. :D

The Saints were pretty good 2 years ago.

Last year, losing Deuce, living in SA and working out in tents and high school gyms, worrying about family members took their toll. Still they seem to have improved greatly. Their attitude about their own ability does too. It's good to see.

I have no problem with the Saints winning this game I just wish it wasn't against my beloved Eagles and their muffed punt. I called a close game with the Saints being a very underrated team, I just wish I was wrong. :D

All in all a good game, a loss that hopefully shouldn't hurt the Birds too much, but will most certianly help the Saints. Nice game NO. :D

Edited by TDFFFreak

This is a tough loss for the Eagles. Saints played a great game, but for the Eagles to come back and then lose is tough. The Saints are better then I thought. I thought the refs mabe a couple bad calls (Reggie Brown's completion on the sideline that they ruled incomplete & Hank Baskett being pulled down at the 2 yard line and no pass interference call) but in the end the Saints just played a better game. If the Eagles played better in the beggining then those calls would not have mattered. One thing I liked was that McNabb finally looked pissed off when they were playing bad. I am sick of him smiling on the sidelines when they are playing like crap.

:D stupid saints. i needed them to get BLOWN OUT so bad they spend a week crying.

I needed Payton to be the worst NFL head coach in history (behind Shell I guess)

I hate Bush, and I hate HOU for passing on him :bash::clap:

:D Go back to your hole

It is great to see for the city and everything that they have been through.....but it just really goes to show you how much playing at home seems to matter in the NFL. I didnt think they had a chance against the Eagles even at home so I was pleasantly surprised to see them win......