[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philip Rivers

TheCMB

Shhhh, they might hear you.

I watched the lad for 4 years at State and just found it hard to believe they stuck with Brees over him, not that Brees is a stinker, but Rivers is a much better QB.

:D Based on Brees perf in SD and in NO this year, I'd say that was a no-lose decision.

I think he'd be a better starter than say B®ad Johnson, Harrington, Leinart, and some other tier 2/3 QBs. His schedule is favorable and LT definitely takes the pressure off. I like his chances as a starter for a fantasy team as well as the Chargers. They look to be rounding into form.

I wouldn't bank on the kid yet - not because of his skills, but because Marty is Marty. His ball control offense will rear it's ugly head again and again. I predict Rivers' fantasy stats to roller coaster because of the HC. But, if he's available in your league, definitely snatch him up.

This worries me as well. If you look at their schedule it is good for him to do some damage. Other then Den twice and maybe at Buf it looks good. But I still worry that at any point Marty can shut it down and Rivers can throw 20 times in a game. But if Marty just plays things straight he can be real good the rest of the season.

Edited by giantsfan

This worries me as well. If you look at their schedule it is good for him to do some damage. Other then Den twice and maybe at Buf it looks good.n.

Considering what Det did to Buf this week, I wouldn't worry too much about the Bills.

Considering what Det did to Buf this week, I wouldn't worry too much about the Bills.

I hear that but that was on the road the SD-Buff game is in Buff. At any rate my point is yes he has a nice schedule but to me Rivers is still somewhat risky for one main reason, MARTY. If you told me Marty would just play things straight up not ULTRA conservative like normal then I'll tell you Rivers is a good fantasy starter today forward, but I don't know if that can be said.

Edited by giantsfan

Yes indeedy, the Chargers look good. After Marty played the biggest factor in thier only loss of the season, he decided to let his team win games instead of not lose them. Good for him and congrats to the Chargerz fans. Should be a fun team to watch for a few years.

:D Absolutely!!