[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hairpulling

TheCMB

Was thinking the same thing. Wasn't this ruled on by the NFL...I think it was Ricky Williams that was tackled by someone grabbing his hair a couple seasons or so ago? I thought they said it was okay...

Edited by Gunther

I didn't see it, but I assume it's Larry on Polamalu?? Good, he deserves it. Troy is a great player and it's his culture or whatever, but he shouldn't have hair like that in a football game. Who does he think he is?

That's why coach made you get a haircut before two a days... :D

It should be a penalty on general principle: hair pulling is what girls do, and doesn't belong on the football field. Heck, tripping is a penalty.

Let Troy be who he is, he can be tackled plenty of ways without pulling on his hair, jus like most other players.

It should be a penalty on general principle: hair pulling is what girls do, and doesn't belong on the football field. Heck, tripping is a penalty.

Let Troy be who he is, he can be tackled plenty of ways without pulling on his hair, jus like most other players.

Rubbish. He chooses to wear his hair like that so letting him use it to cover half the tackle area would be ridiculous.

I didn't see it, but I assume it's Larry on Polamalu?? Good, he deserves it. Troy is a great player and it's his culture or whatever, but he shouldn't have hair like that in a football game. Who does he think he is?

That's why coach made you get a haircut before two a days... :D

For the record, Troy didn't complain at all. He got up an ran to the sidelines. It is part of his culture, and the way he plays and handles himself off the football field, he can wear it anyway he wants. I think he knows players will pull it given the opportunity, which is why he didn't get angry at all.

From today's Post Gazette

No, it didn't hurt," Polamalu said in the aftermath. "It felt good."

He did concede that he had never been dragged down by his hair before.

"No, but if I got the ball in my hands, they can tackle me all day like that," Polamalu said. "We had a lot of fun out there."

"It really doesn't matter to me. He can tackle me by my hair or my ankles. It doesn't matter. I understand the nature of the game. A lot of things like that can happen," he said.

Edited by Menudo

From today's Post Gazette

No, it didn't hurt," Polamalu said in the aftermath. "It felt good."

He did concede that he had never been dragged down by his hair before.

The look on his face didn't back up those claims. Maybe it got him fired up.

LJ grabbed for that area.....you tell me what else he should have came up with.....jersey? Are u kidding me? If that's all he can grab then that's all he can grab......at least he didn't try and twist the guys head off. It was a little excessive....can't argue with that.....mostly frustration from getting their asses handed to them.

Here's a great quote from LJ in today KC Star...

“I made the tackle, tried to get up, and my hand’s full of his hair,” Johnson said. “It’s real cute that (Steelers cornerback) Ike Taylor came over trying to defend his boy when it wasn’t what was going on.

“If I got penalized, I hope it was for me hitting Ike Taylor in the face twice and not for pulling Troy’s hair. Because Troy’s a good player, and he’s a good guy off the field. That’s not something I’m doing.”

I didn't see the play, but I did see Cowher challenge LJ's TD that came after that, and remember thinking how classless that was at the time. Maybe he challenged that, and Davenport's TD later because of that play. I dunno. With the lead they had, to challenge one TD, even with Cowher's tradition of sticking up for his players, I just thought it was kind of weak. Anyone else see or think that?