[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polamalu's Hair

Goopster24

Any chance he could have had his fingers tangled in it, they did roll a little on the ground after the tackle.

Its possible, although the way the game is going he might have been a little fragrent about it......

just trying to put homerizm beside me

So you're allowed to tackle by the helmet and continue to pull on the helmet long after the play is over? :D

Just announced that the call was for taunting.

calm down, they cleared up it was for taunting, which is legit

Enjoy your absolute domination of us :D

If you are going to grow your hair, beard or whatever out that far then if you get tackled by it... so be it.

Otherwise every team is going to recurity Cousin It to play for them.

Thats why the military has historically shaved heads. Really its stupid to give the enemy (opponent in this case) any sort of advantage that could be avoided

He held on and didnt let go long after the tackle

I've always wanted someone to do that to Troy. Serves him right for having that fabulous, jeri-curled lion's mane. :D:D

Edited by msaint

Whatev. If Tom Brady grew out his mane, you'd expect them to enact a new rule making it a penalty to even think about disturbing his doo.

:D

:D If Tom Brady grew out his mane, combined with the purse, I'd just tell him to go get the sex change and be done with it.

By John Grupp

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, October 16, 2006

Troy Polamalu might want to consider using a gel.

Chiefs Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson tackled Polamalu by his long, flowing hair after an interception in the most memorable play of a 45-7 shearing at Heinz Field.

Johnson said Polamalu's hair, which hangs about a foot out of his helmet as a tribute to his Samoan warrior heritage, was too inviting to ignore.

"I mean, the dude had hair," Johnson said. "What do you want me to do? They said the hair is part of the uniform, the last time I checked. When I grabbed it, that was the only thing I could get my hands on and pull him down."

The NFL official observer at the Steelers game said there has never been a rule making it illegal to bring down a runner by his hair. After former Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was tackled twice in 2003 by his long dreadlocks, NFL head of officials Mike Pereira made it a point to remind teams that it is legal to tackle runners by their hair.

"The hair is part of the uniform," Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said.