[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver looks horrible....

DaFreak

You know...when Darent Williams fumbled the punt return, didn't he then touch the ball after his left foot came down out of bounds?

Seemed that way to me during the reply but Madden and Michaels didn't say anything about it.

Or maybe it doesn't matter. :D Or it could have been my imagination. :D

oakland's down two scores, on denver's 30 yard line with under 5 minutes left, and with a chance to actually tie or win this game, and there's absolutely no sense of urgency, like they're just going through the motions. what a joke.

oh, and now lamont fumbles. dear god, why did i draft this guy?

oakland's down two scores, on denver's 30 yard line with under 5 minutes left, and with a chance to actually tie or win this game, and there's absolutely no sense of urgency, like they're just going through the motions. what a joke.

oh, and now lamont fumbles. dear god, why did i draft this guy?

+1. I grabbed LaMont in 3 outta 4 leagues. :D Who would've thunk it?

at least he cares. half that team couldnt give a crap what they do. lamont deserves to be behind a decent line on a good team.. he would put up huge numbers.

i'm glad he cares, but my league doesn't award points for that. he could care all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that he plays for the nfl's junior varsity team. and by the way, everyone's saying moss doesn't care, and he put up about twice as many points as jordan in our league today. (and i'm not ripping on you, jjpro11, just that i thought twice before drafting him and did so anyway, and now i'm pissed.)

i'm glad he cares, but my league doesn't award points for that. he could care all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that he plays for the nfl's junior varsity team. and by the way, everyone's saying moss doesn't care, and he put up about twice as many points as jordan in our league today. (and i'm not ripping on you, jjpro11, just that i thought twice before drafting him and did so anyway, and now i'm pissed.)

i know it doesnt matter in ff.. i would be po'ed if i had him too.. it was worth pointing out though.. you never see any emotion from that team.

you never see any emotion from that team.

The team has no identity or leadership. Someone needs to step up. Other than Michael Huff, I see nothing there. At the end of the season, Al needs to flush the coaching staff and the majority of the players down the toilet. This team hasnt begun to rebuild, they're still in the destructing mode. At least they'll get AP or Quinn.

As far as Denver looks horrible--Its good when you play bad and still win.

I'll take a win and look horrid over looking great and losing.

The team has no identity or leadership. Someone needs to step up. Other than Michael Huff, I see nothing there. At the end of the season, Al needs to flush the coaching staff and the majority of the players down the toilet. This team hasnt begun to rebuild, they're still in the destructing mode. At least they'll get AP or Quinn.

They should flush Al Davis. :D

What disturbed me the most is watching the DT's for Denver get pushed around the entire 2nd half. I don't know what's going on, but whoever the guy is that lines up sort of sideways got completely worked most of the game. They had better fix that soon or the defense is going to fall apart.

Anyone else notice that Shanny seems to be all over Plummer every time he gets to the sidelines? It's almost like Plummer has taken a major step backwards this year and Shanny is very frustrated with him. Shanny just keeps shakin his head and looking at him like "what the f*&^ are you doing"?

Trust me, when Randy Moss is one of your self-proclaimed "leaders", your team is in a lot of trouble. I guarantee you, these losses ain't ruining Randy's day off parties.

As for Denver, do you think Shanny might get frustrated enough to make the move to Cutler and/or Mike Bell (again). I would think with as well as the defense plays for the biggest part of most games, he would not be as afraid to make a move. Not saying Mike Bell is an answer, I would just think he'd be looking for something soon. I am still holding on to Mike in case of injury or a change.

Anyone else notice that Shanny seems to be all over Plummer every time he gets to the sidelines? It's almost like Plummer has taken a major step backwards this year and Shanny is very frustrated with him. Shanny just keeps shakin his head and looking at him like "what the f*&^ are you doing"?

Jake has no confidence right now and Shanny isn't about to let up on him. He's missing throws and not seeing the whole field. Thank God it was the Faiders this week. :D

Trust me, when Randy Moss is one of your self-proclaimed "leaders", your team is in a lot of trouble. I guarantee you, these losses ain't ruining Randy's day off parties.

As for Denver, do you think Shanny might get frustrated enough to make the move to Cutler and/or Mike Bell (again). I would think with as well as the defense plays for the biggest part of most games, he would not be as afraid to make a move. Not saying Mike Bell is an answer, I would just think he'd be looking for something soon. I am still holding on to Mike in case of injury or a change.

Trust me when I say that Shanny is going to ride Plummer to a playoff loss. It would take a miracle for him to put in Cutler to start. Plummer would have to somehow have them lose 3-4 straight games before he would even consider the move. Same goes for Bell. Mike Bell is on the bench for the rest of the year.

As for Denver, do you think Shanny might get frustrated enough to make the move to Cutler and/or Mike Bell (again).

Let me get this straight. The Broncos are currently 4-1 and have arguably the best defense in the league and Shanahan is going to hand over the offense to a rookie? Not gonna happen. Not even if it's Jake Plummer.

The Denver defense is so good that they should be considered one of the best teams in the AFC but with that offense, it is very hard to see how they can proceed in the playoffs. They have faced some pretty crappy offenses so far so their inability to score hasn't bitten them much yet. But when they have to face top teams it will be like last year all over again.

It's rather surprising how badly the DEN offense has played. Plummer looks as bad as he has ever looked and that trickles down to all the other players. I'm still not sold on Tatum Bell either.

The Denver defense is so good that they should be considered one of the best teams in the AFC but with that offense, it is very hard to see how they can proceed in the playoffs. They have faced some pretty crappy offenses so far so their inability to score hasn't bitten them much yet. But when they have to face top teams it will be like last year all over again.

It's rather surprising how badly the DEN offense has played. Plummer looks as bad as he has ever looked and that trickles down to all the other players. I'm still not sold on Tatum Bell either.

:D Maybe Kubiak was more important to that offense than people want to give credit for...

:D Maybe Kubiak was more important to that offense than people want to give credit for...

Very good point...especially since he has apparently turned around the Houston passing attack to a degree, with no running game to speak of. I realize much of the success is in throwaway time, but Carr and Johnson are putting up some good numbers with opposition defenses expecting the pass in most cases.

Interesting thought.

Last night was miserable to watch. Shanahan gets up by 10 freakin' points & completely pulls in his horns. That's disturbing. If you drag around bad teams like OAK long enough, eventually you're going to get stung. Shanahan is supposed to be an offensive genius, but the offense competely lacks imagination. I though when DEN hit the long pass to Walker that they were finally going to take the gloves off, but instead it was just an anomoly.

Every DEN fan ought to be worried, too, when Tatum Bell can't manage a decent rushing game against a D giving up 4.81 ypc - and T Bell with his allegedly huge ypc that his proponents boast about comes in at 3.6 ypc, this O could be in serious trouble. While OAK has faced #2 rushing O SD & #10 SF, they also compiled those crappy stats against #24 BAL & #29 CLE.

If you throw out that one pass to Walker, Plummer was 10 of 17 for 48 yds - for the rest of the freakin' game with the exception of that one pass. For the offense run by Shanahan the Mastermind.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - this O doesn't function at all w/ T Bell in the backfield. He has way too many runs of 2 yds or less, but balances that with a lofty ypc average because of a few long runs. He can't run through the trash between the tackles and turn nothing into a 3 yd gain. He puts Plummer in way too many 2nd/3rd & long situations and he limits Plummer's rollouts because the D plays him from the outside-in because they don't have to honor the inside run with him. If M Bell isn't the answer, fine, find someone who is effective between the tackles, because what's happening in the backfield ain't working. 1 TD by the DEN featured RB in 5 games - and that was a gift with Walker being tackled at the 3? C'mon!

DEN has assembled a championship D, and the special teams are looking better now that Darrent Williams is returning punts again & Quincy Morgan is helping out on returns. But this offense is no longer a "wait-and-see" prospect - it's in serious trouble. If you would have called for Culter 2 weeks ago, I would have called you nuts. If you'd call for him today, I'd say that maybe he ought to get a shot, though I know that won't happen. But in any case, if this O stays as generic & anemic as it is right now, Shanahan is going to piss away what could be a special year.

I'll tell you what - as much as I dislike the Raiders & love watching DEN beat them, last night's "effort" wasn't worth watching.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Last night was miserable to watch. Shanahan gets up by 10 freakin' points & completely pulls in his horns. That's disturbing. If you drag around bad teams like OAK long enough, eventually you're going to get stung. Shanahan is supposed to be an offensive genius, but the offense competely lacks imagination. I though when DEN hit the long pass to Walker that they were finally going to take the gloves off, but instead it was just an anomoly.

Every DEN fan ought to be worried, too, when Tatum Bell can't manage a decent rushing game against a D giving up 4.81 ypc - and T Bell with his allegedly huge ypc that his proponents boast about comes in at 3.6 ypc, this O could be in serious trouble. While OAK has faced #2 rushing O SD & #10 SF, they also compiled those crappy stats against #24 BAL & #29 CLE.

If you throw out that one pass to Walker, Plummer was 10 of 17 for 48 yds - for the rest of the freakin' game with the exception of that one pass. For the offense run by Shanahan the Mastermind.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - this O doesn't function at all w/ T Bell in the backfield. He has way too many runs of 2 yds or less, but balances that with a lofty ypc average because of a few long runs. He can't run through the trash between the tackles and turn nothing into a 3 yd gain. He puts Plummer in way too many 2nd/3rd & long situations and he limits Plummer's rollouts because the D plays him from the outside-in because they don't have to honor the inside run with him. If M Bell isn't the answer, fine, find someone who is effective between the tackles, because what's happening in the backfield ain't working. 1 TD by the DEN featured RB in 5 games - and that was a gift with Walker being tackled at the 3? C'mon!

DEN has assembled a championship D, and the special teams are looking better now that Darrent Williams is returning punts again & Quincy Morgan is helping out on returns. But this offense is no longer a "wait-and-see" prospect - it's in serious trouble. If you would have called for Culter 2 weeks ago, I would have called you nuts. If you'd call for him today, I'd say that maybe he ought to get a shot, though I know that won't happen. But in any case, if this O stays as generic & anemic as it is right now, Shanahan is going to piss away what could be a special year.

I'll tell you what - as much as I dislike the Raiders & love watching DEN beat them, last night's "effort" wasn't worth watching.

Really good post. :D You learned me a few things regarding DEN and offenses in general. :D

I sort of disagree with what you say about Tatum. I just dont think they really did anything special last night. Nothing really excpet standard, vanilla, conservative runs. I think with some end arounds and mis direction calls Tatum could really open it up. I think your problem actually lies with Shanny playing "Marty Ball" way too early with a QB that is showing he can't really win the game for you.

Also, they really need to work in roll outs and bootlegs a whole lot more. These were the bread of butter of DEN/Plummer last year, and all the big plays have come from these plays. Mostly anyway.

I think Shanny is really trying to not be predictable. he's probably thinking "they're expecting us to do what works with roll outs, so they'll spend all week preparing for them, and we'll only do 2". Naamean?

while i agree with the assessment on Tatum, OAK front 7 absolutely embarrassed DEN's vaunted O-line system.

Tatum was facing 8 man fronts on the regular and OAK looked, dare I say, competent if not good when DEN decided to run the ball. Tatum's runs weren't the usual Tatum fare... failing to run through trash in a seam to make a modest gain or break a run.

Tatum was getting 1-2 bodies on him 1-2 steps before even getting a whif of the line of scrimmage.

I guess this all stems from opposing Ds reliance on the Snake's inability to consistently beat them downfield. If that continues I'd expect to see whoever carries the rock in DEN to face overloaded fronts and post similar ypc.