[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wosrt Trade Offers Ever?

HoustonCougars

Dude, Furrey's on fire right now and Smith is a flash in the pan...not to mention getting Vandy!

I was in a league last year which guys kept making 3 or 4 bottom end players for my top player. I'd bag on them and they would only say I should counter then but what is the point if we're not even in the ball park.

Edited by Sharpie

12 team league, very competetive, guy offered me Mike Furrey and Mike Vanderjagt for Steve Smith to help me combat my bye weeks at WR and K..........um, thanks bud!!!!!

Hey, Furrey obviously ain't enough - but the whole "helping with bye week" strategy is the way to do it!

Hey, Furrey obviously ain't enough - but the whole "helping with bye week" strategy is the way to do it!

my opponent next week has grossman, brees and alex smith -- all are on bye next week, and in our 14-team league, there's very little waiver wire help. :D and he has holt, too, also on bye. :D

my opponent next week has grossman, brees and alex smith -- all are on bye next week, and in our 14-team league, there's very little waiver wire help. :D and he has holt, too, also on bye. :D

That's a beautiful thing, ain't it?!? Until Andrew Walter blows up with 4 TD's and 350 yards...

Edited by TheCMB

this moran friend of mine keeps offering me Peyton, Berrian and McNair for LT2, Gates, Peppers and Gore. this was the first 3 weeks, when Gore was hot to trot and Berrian was a nobody.

Why the hell would I take McNAIR? I would obviously never start him over Peyton. I could grab a bye week filler off the WW..probably by dropping Berrian to get him :D What a tool.

this year appears to be the worst year ever when it comes to people overvaluing players or offering complete garbage trades...

i'm actually guilty of the garbage trade offers, but only because i'm trying to feel someone out and see what they want/need. I can look at someones team and see they have NO RBs. so I'll offer 2 mediocre ones for a top 3 WR. (CJ or Smith). Or I have a friend who's a total Bears homer, so he'd give up the farm for a Berrian or Muhammed or even benson or d. clark. He's just that way.

i hate it when I offer a trade, and they don't counter back, or even answer the trade with a reason. At least offer something back. something crazy, I dont care, but lets attempt to deal. it kills time during the week.

i'm actually guilty of the garbage trade offers, but only because i'm trying to feel someone out and see what they want/need. I can look at someones team and see they have NO RBs. so I'll offer 2 mediocre ones for a top 3 WR. (CJ or Smith). Or I have a friend who's a total Bears homer, so he'd give up the farm for a Berrian or Muhammed or even benson or d. clark. He's just that way.

i hate it when I offer a trade, and they don't counter back, or even answer the trade with a reason. At least offer something back. something crazy, I dont care, but lets attempt to deal. it kills time during the week.

see...when I make an offer....I'll feel them out....maybe something like Michael Turner for Mason......then they come back with Buckhalter and Marcus Robinson for Mason and Rivers or something...

I will offer a trade in my favor to see if they bite and let them come back with something...

but when I get offers like that I put them on ignore for the season and let them go down with the ship and their 1 win...

I was just offered this a couple weeks ago...

best this year

Vincent Vega's Vindicators offers:

Branch, Deion SEA WR

Wilford, Ernest JAC WR

Year 2006 Round 6 Draft Pick

to Simian Zootsuits for :

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Williams, Reggie JAC WR

:D

see...when I make an offer....I'll feel them out....maybe something like Michael Turner for Mason......then they come back with Buckhalter and Marcus Robinson for Mason and Rivers or something...

I will offer a trade in my favor to see if they bite and let them come back with something...

but when I get offers like that I put them on ignore for the season and let them go down with the ship and their 1 win...

I dont wanna toot a horn or anyting, but I'm usually in the top 3. I have great drafts and am typically the most knowledgable in my leagues. (thanks to the huddle of course, and being self employed :D) so I usually have pretty good players to offer.

For instance, I offered Gore and D. Williams to a guy (before Week 1) for CJ, and he only had Reggie Bush, Mike Anderson and D. Davis. This was right after DD was put on IR, so I knew he needed them. Sure CJ for these 2 aren't that good, but it's still a good trade offer.

He didn't take it and wouldn't counter.

but I would hope if you and me were in a league, you wouldn't refuse to do business with me just for feeling you out with a lopsided trade. That's a bit much.

Over the past few years, I have seen the amount of trades decrease significantly in leagues I am in. I think this can best be explained by how wildly inconsistent many of the players are these days. A trade offer that looks reasonable one week can look completely ridiculous the next. Obviously, some of the offers some of you guys have received are clearly attempts to swindle good players from you. But I do think it is tougher now to offer a trade because with the lack of consistency, you dont know what you are getting or receiving and that makes it tough to evaluate an offer and make a deal.

Edited by Delicious_bass

I dont wanna toot a horn or anyting, but I'm usually in the top 3. I have great drafts and am typically the most knowledgable in my leagues. (thanks to the huddle of course, and being self employed :D) so I usually have pretty good players to offer.

For instance, I offered Gore and D. Williams to a guy (before Week 1) for CJ, and he only had Reggie Bush, Mike Anderson and D. Davis. This was right after DD was put on IR, so I knew he needed them. Sure CJ for these 2 aren't that good, but it's still a good trade offer.

He didn't take it and wouldn't counter.

but I would hope if you and me were in a league, you wouldn't refuse to do business with me just for feeling you out with a lopsided trade. That's a bit much.

well...it was more than one trade offer like this.....me and this person have negotiated at least a handful of times and it usually ends up with me saying wow....he thinks I'm a slow?.....

any repeat offender will get cut off especially when reality hasn't set in....

this person overvalues Reggie Bush and Keyshawn Johnson.....and has nothing else pretty much...

I was offering him a WR that would start for a backup RB who was being productive and he came back with a backup RB that would never crack his lineup and a WR that actually hasn't started for his very sorry 1-5 team...plus he asked for a QB.....mind you, this is a keeper...so Rivers is worth more than those 2 alone easily...

Over the past few years, I have seen the amount of trades decrease significantly in leagues I am in. I think this can best be explained by how wildly inconsistent many of the players are these days. A trade offer that looks reasonable one week can look completely ridiculous the next. Obviously, some of the offers some of you guys have received are clearly attempts to swindle good players from you. But I do think it is tougher now to offer a trade because with the lack of consistency, you dont know what you are getting or receiving and that makes it tough to evaluate an offer and make a deal.

I've only made 3 trades this year and I usually have at least 5 or 6 at this point...I am having trouble coming up with trades and when I try to come with something, I end up losing complete train of thought...

also, people are worried of making a bad decision. or getting screwed, I should say. When you draft a loser, it's you're own fault, but when you trade for someone who ends up sucking, or getting injured, you feel like you got screwed. not worth it, to alot of people.

I totally agree with the feeling out process. Plus, it DOES kill time throughout the week (not to mention the workday). I can't count how many days i have wasted at the office collecting paychecks for emailing trade offers /counter offers back and forth instead of doing ACTUAL work. Anything to occupy the mind I guess. Im thinking thoughts of acquiring that key piece to the championship puzzle is just a tad more exciting than crunching numbers in my cubicle.