[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Mason?

FredGSanford

:D and mine as well...

Can anyone please give me one reason why they thought this bum would produce? Dude has averaged less than five touchdowns per year for nine years. He went to a team that has never been able to pass, with a qb that has not had any recent success.

I've made the mistake of buying into the "DMason Experiment" two years in a row now. I wasn't as smart last year and held onto him for the whole season. This year I dropped him after week 4.

I passed on him last year..

this year he was supposed to get "his" QB back...

:D

Can anyone please give me one reason why they thought this bum would produce? Dude has averaged less than five touchdowns per year for nine years. He went to a team that has never been able to pass, with a qb that has not had any recent success.

"averaged"...who was his QB the last 3 years and who was the QB during his "better" years?...

the answer becomes clear and he should have been a solid #2 and a great #3 this year...

now he's just roster fodder...

I've been right with alot of players this year so far ala Chester Taylor and Rivers.....but I've really been burned with some of the players I actually ended up drafting...but then again, maybe drafting for myself and someone else back to back picks had something to do with it..

"averaged"...who was his QB the last 3 years and who was the QB during his "better" years?...

the answer becomes clear and he should have been a solid #2 and a great #3 this year...

now he's just roster fodder...

I've been right with alot of players this year so far ala Chester Taylor and Rivers.....but I've really been burned with some of the players I actually ended up drafting...but then again, maybe drafting for myself and someone else back to back picks had something to do with it..

What better years are you talking about? Please tell me when this guy was ever worth it? A solid #2. Please.

What better years are you talking about? Please tell me when this guy was ever worth it? A solid #2. Please.

Are you serious? Have you watched any football in the last 6 years? From '01 through '05 he had over 1000 yards receiving each year. 95 and 96 receptions in 2 of those years. 9 TD's, 8 TD's, 7 TD's. He was a very good WR in Tennessee. Even last year with no QB he had 86 Rec's and over 1000 yards receiving. So this year he gets re-united with the QB with whom he had a lot of success, so it looked very promising that Mason could get 90 Rec's, 1100-1200 yards, and 7-9 TD's. And that is a solid #2 WR.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

yeah, I'm curious too. He killed me in one league this week.

I saw the flukey TD to Clayton where it bounced off Mason's face, up into the air, and Mark caught it for a TD . . .

Looked like if clayton wouldn't have grabbed it, Mason would have gotten to it before it hit the ground/

Are you serious? Have you watched any football in the last 6 years? From '01 through '05 he had over 1000 yards receiving each year. 95 and 96 receptions in 2 of those years. 9 TD's, 8 TD's, 7 TD's. He was a very good WR in Tennessee. Even last year with no QB he had 86 Rec's and over 1000 yards receiving. So this year he gets re-united with the QB with whom he had a lot of success, so it looked very promising that Mason could get 90 Rec's, 1100-1200 yards, and 7-9 TD's. And that is a solid #2 WR.

This is exactly why I drafted him. Especially in a ppr league, I thought he would be real solid. However, that team just does not move the ball real well unless there are two minutes left and they are down. I am not going to wait to find out if they can pick it up. I got lucky and somebody had to drop Reggie Williams so I dropped Mason for Williams.

Yes I have watched football. I have watched in 2005 where this bum had 3 touchdowns and in 2002 where he had five. I guess if you are in a ppr league he has value even in those horrible years. If not he is junk.

That was exactly my thinking too but now I'm just waiting for someone to be forced to drop a halfway decent player for a bye week and Mason is first in line to make way on the roster.

I drafted Mason in 3 different leagues as well for the reasons stated by Hugh above. I haven't watched many Ravens games but the little I did see, it seems to me McNair doesn't have the arm he's had in the past. Is this true or haven't I seen enough?

Yes I have watched football. I have watched in 2005 where this bum had 3 touchdowns and in 2002 where he had five. I guess if you are in a ppr league he has value even in those horrible years. If not he is junk.

How is 7-10 TDs and over 1000 yards considered junk unless you are playing in a 8 man FF TD only league? I think those stats were reasonably expected after re-hooking up w/ McNair and that would have equated to a decent #2 WR, but apparently that isn't going to happen.

I wasn't even going to respond....

with a post like that, he clearly is a moran...