[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those of you who don't like/don't use MFL

rajncajn

CR's post in the MFL thread got me wondering what it is about some of these other league managers that is so great. I'm not looking to switch, just curious what is out there that is supposed to be better than MFL. Can you folks that don't use and/or don't like MFL post a link to your league's home pages so the rest of us that know better can critici....er, I mean take a look? :D

I think you would need a PW to see our league home page, and you aint gettin mine. Fanball just has a sleeker UI, live scoring, player searches, the ability to post polls and it is totally flexible with league rules. I have had leagues in fanball, MFL and CBS and prefer fanball by far over the others.

I think you would need a PW to see our league home page, and you aint gettin mine. Fanball just has a sleeker UI, live scoring, player searches, the ability to post polls and it is totally flexible with league rules. I have had leagues in fanball, MFL and CBS and prefer fanball by far over the others.

you mean you cant set up a guest log in?

MFL has all that as well. :D Why don't you link it & at least let us see if we can view it or not? I know with MFL you can view everything but personal info.

you mean you cant set up a guest log in?

Pretty sure you can't. And I am not going to link mine, because all of the leagues message boards and such display the users real names and I am not sure everyone in my league wants their personal info out there.

Edited by Ziachild007

CR's post in the MFL thread got me wondering what it is about some of these other league managers that is so great. I'm not looking to switch, just curious what is out there that is supposed to be better than MFL. Can you folks that don't use and/or don't like MFL post a link to your league's home pages so the rest of us that know better can critici....er, I mean take a look? :D

And as an aside, whats with trying to get everyone to switch to MFL? Do you get a kickback or something? I mean if they are happy with what they already have, why is it such a big deal to anyone else?? :D

Ihave MFL for the first time this year, and am finding it has extremely poor useability. It is just not intuitive as other systems I have used.

I was on fanball for years and switched to CBS. Fanball has great writers with witty commentary, but i found it lacking in custoemr service. When it worked it was great. However, it generally crashed on draft day, making for long agonizing days trying to work the draft.

And as an aside, whats with trying to get everyone to switch to MFL? Do you get a kickback or something? I mean if they are happy with what they already have, why is it such a big deal to anyone else?? :D

I do it out of loyalty. MFL.com stood by its guns when CBSSportsline pulled its bait & switch tactics & went free one year in an effort to put all other sites out of business, then came back the next year with a $120 fee to maintain those leagues that had been free there the year before.

MFL.com has always been good to us. They instituted IDP positions & scoring before anyone else, allowing us to create leagues that were complex in scoring & deep in starting positions. These were the years when CBS & everyone else (like nfl.com & yahoo) only had team Ds and standard performance scoring. If you used yahoo, your computer became baraged with relentless spam and nfl.com was pathetic in its simplicity. And the best thing was always if there was a problem, mfl.com answered any queries within an hour & always did what it could to accomodate us - always. When we wanted to go dynasty, they modified the site so it could be used year round. When we wanted to go with blind bid free agency - mfl.com found a solution the next season, and before anyone else had it. The site is as customizable as any site out there, and is user friendly to the extreme - the layout is easy to follow and the buttons easy to find & use. A draft never has crashed, that I know of, no matter when it was.

When I find someone who puts out a top notch product with outstanding customer service & a willingness to customize itself for me, I always put forth the word. I do that in our business - if I find someone I trust, I want to keep them in business, so I try to send as much business as possible their way.

Don't you?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Here's a demo site for my main league - Fanstar. I'm not the commish, but it works great for our league, very flexible, allows for our "blind bidding" system for acks.

http://www.fftwelve.com/football/demo/inde...index.php?link=

I definitely like it better than CBS. I think we used MFL for one season, can't remember exactly why it didn't work out.

I do it out of loyalty. MFL.com stood by its guns when CBSSportsline pulled its bait & switch tactics & went free one year in an effort to put all other sites out of business, then came back the next year with a $120 fee to maintain those leagues that had been free there the year before.

MFL.com has always been good to us. They instituted IDP positions & scoring before anyone else, allowing us to create leagues that were complex in scoring & deep in starting positions. These were the years when CBS & everyone else (like nfl.com & yahoo) only had team Ds and standard performance scoring. If you used yahoo, your computer became baraged with relentless spam and nfl.com was pathetic in its simplicity. And the best thing was always if there was a problem, mfl.com answered any queries within an hour & always did what it could to accomodate us - always. When we wanted to go dynasty, they modified the site so it could be used year round. When we wanted to go with blind bid free agency - mfl.com found a solution the next season, and before anyone else had it. The site is as customizable as any site out there, and is user friendly to the extreme - the layout is easy to follow and the buttons easy to find & use. A draft never has crashed, that I know of, no matter when it was.

When I find someone who puts out a top notch product with outstanding customer service & a willingness to customize itself for me, I always put forth the word. I do that in our business - if I find someone I trust, I want to keep them in business, so I try to send as much business as possible their way.

Don't you?

BB said it better than I could. But I will add...the first league I joined over 10 years ago used FLM which is made by the same company. When we finally decided to roll the league into MFL we had a difficult time because of our odd league scoring. All it took was one email to support and we saw results within a few minutes. MFL asked us for our FLM league file & set up everything for us. In the years since then they have done nothing but get better every single year and without losing one bit of the customer support that we recieved years back. I also do feel that I owe them something as well. Last year after having Katrina ruin our local league draft we decided we were going to try to get our league started after about week 4. I emailed MFL, explained the circumstances and asked what we could do or if it was even possible. The very next day I got a reply from the owner. He asked me for our league ID from the previous year, asked specifically how we wanted everything set up and had it completely ready for us in time to draft before the next weeks games...all completely free of charge...no league fees...no hassles. He even gave me a direct email & phone number in case I had any problems. For that alone I'll send them every bit of business I possibly can & I'll always give them the props they very much deserve. :D

Sure, but if they are truly happy with what they have I am not going to berate it just because they have a different opinion than I do.

Is that a reference to berating CBS Sportsline? If so, I'd refer you to the weekly posts about their service going down & the complaints about lack of customer service.

If its about another site like RTS, you won't hear me tearing them down, or an other service besides CBSSportsline. But I'll still pimp mfl.com because I know the product, I trust the product, I consider it a great value, and I know their philosophy towards customer service.

My long time local league has used CBS for years. This year after 2 years of proding by a couple of us we switched to yahoo. I like it for the interface and the stattracker. Yeah CBS has more fluff, gives you the ability to post articles (with pictures) and do polls, and provides a little more info at your finger tips than yahoo. Plus it had our league history (big hurdle). But I'd rather have more $$ for prizes.

One thing that yahoo (unless we paid for a custom league) doesn't have it the ability of a waiver system rather than a free for all. Our commish now does that manually (locking rosters, taking waiver claims until Wednesday then unlocking rosters) to appease the whinners, god love him, and unfortunately it is a reason that we may go back to CBS next year. :D

I have been an advocate for MFL for years based on all the positive reports.......do they let you set up a trial account?

Is that a reference to berating CBS Sportsline? If so, I'd refer you to the weekly posts about their service going down & the complaints about lack of customer service.

If its about another site like RTS, you won't hear me tearing them down, or an other service besides CBSSportsline. But I'll still pimp mfl.com because I know the product, I trust the product, I consider it a great value, and I know their philosophy towards customer service.

No, not at all. If the people using CSB are unhappy and complaining, I dont see any problem with pointing them in the direction of MFL. And FWIW, of my 9 leagues, 8 of them are based at MFL. But I just do not see the point in asking for others league pages just so you can nitpick it because it is not what you use.

Sure, but if they are truly happy with what they have I am not going to berate it just because they have a different opinion than I do.

Zia, I'm just kidding. :D I really don't know what a Fanball or RTsports site looks like. The only software I've ever used is FLM, MFL, XTreme & Yahoo. Maybe one other I can't think of, but that's it. I am honestly interested in seeing what other league softwares look like. Not because I want to switch, but I'd like to see what I'm missing out on. I do find it funny though that some people say that CBS is so much better, yet I see so many people having trouble with the site. I just don't see how it can possibly be that much better for the price they ask.

No, not at all. If the people using CSB are unhappy and complaining, I dont see any problem with pointing them in the direction of MFL. And FWIW, of my 9 leagues, 8 of them are based at MFL. But I just do not see the point in asking for others league pages just so you can nitpick it because it is not what you use.

I was joking... :D

Three topics you should always avoid at thehuddle:

1. Arguing with Menudo about anything to do with the Steelers

2. Arguing with spain about anything to do with racism

3. Arguing with anyone about MFL

I still have a league on sportsline, and I know why some people prefer it, and it costs about $2 per owner more than MFL, which is hardly breaking the bank. They have improved pretty dramatically over what it was five years ago, and their live scoring, with the immediate links to games, is second to none.

On the other hand, my experience with MFL has been that their customer service is by far the best. God help you if you ever have an issue with your sportsline league. Plus, feeding CBS any money at all is questionable, since they probably do NFL broadcasts worse than anyone, including their lame three games in hi-def per week. Even NASCAR broadcasts all its races in HD. What's CBS's excuse?