[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Clayton's TD's

Jedi

Someone commented to me that Mark Clayton's two TD's were both off deflections. I saw one, but not the other. Then I read the Priority News:

WR Mark Clayton, the 5'9" third year receiver from Oklahoma caught 5 passes for 101 yards and 2 touchdowns in Sunday's 23-21 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Huddle Up: Clayton is in his second NFL season and is developing nicely as the compliment for WR Derrick Mason in the Ravens offense. Fantasy owners should consider Clayton as a No. 3 receiver at this point with tremendous upside.

No mention of that the possibility that more than half of his fantasy points were flukish.

Was the other TD also a deflection?

Someone commented to me that Mark Clayton's two TD's were both off deflections. I saw one, but not the other. Then I read the Priority News:

No mention of that the possibility that more than half of his fantasy points were flukish.

Was the other TD also a deflection?

both were deflections and flukes.

unless the Ravens' game plan is to tip every pass intended for Mason to Clayton, i would expect Clayton to disappear once again.

Yes, both td's were deflections. However, to his credit, he had some great YAC's (yards after the catch) on the second TD and showed speed. Granted, the pass may not have been to him, but he made the TD happen (no credit should go to Boller).

He is and will continue to be the third receiver on a team with a poor offense. If something were to happen to Mason, than Clayton's value would drasticly increase.