[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denny Green

Bill Swerski

Al Davis will open up the checkbook for his team. Green has to still deal with the Bidwills.

No, Al Davis will open up the checkbook because he wants to win another SB before he dies, and is willing take hugh risks with amost zero fundamentally sound areas on his football team.

Sure, the bidwells maybe be tight, but they signed Leinart and Edge and have Fitz and Boldin and some nice studly defensive players.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Al Davis will open up the checkbook because he wants to win another SB before he dies, and is willing take hugh risks with amost zero fundamentally sound areas on his football team.

Sure, the bidwells maybe be tight, but they signed Leinart and Edge and have Fitz and Boldin and some nice studly defensive players.

Edge was the only one of that list to cost the team much financially. Bidwill's son had a hand in that one i believe. It behooves the team to try spend something with an expensive new stadium that needs to be filled.

The Cards are still $10 MILLION under the cap.

Edge was the only one of that list to cost the team much financially. Bidwill's son had a hand in that one i believe. It behooves the team to try spend something with an expensive new stadium that needs to be filled.

The Cards are still $10 MILLION under the cap.

wasn't Leinart tons and tons also?

anyone have an online link to the post game interview? i could use a good laugh tonight...

"The Bears are what we thought they were," Green said, his voice beginning to rise. "They are what we thought they were. We played them in the preseason. Who the hell plays the third game in the preseason like it's bull----? Bull----! We played them in the third game. Everybody played three quarters.

"The Bears are who we thought they were!" he continued, yelling at the top of his lungs while pounding on the podium. "That's why we took the damn field. If you want to crown them, just crown their ass. They are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook!"

And then he walked briskly off the stage. He seemed to be rather near a meltdown by the end. He was getting more agitated with every word.

I've never seen a team take such control of a game and completely beat themselves...

they could have ran away with it before the half....but Green wanted to respect his opponent I guess?....

funny thing is, the Bears would have blown out the Cards just like they did Seattle if given the chance....

Everyone in Minnesota could tell you that it was a typical game coached by Denny Green! "Take a knee" Denny pulls defeat from the Jaws of victory!

Denny Green has NEVER understood that games are won and lost in the trenches. Of course he was a part of free agency - has always gone with the glitz and the offensive skill position players and never addressed an offensive line or a defense in general. This is why his teams can look great but can NEVER win big games when they matter. This offseason was no different...Matt Leinart and Edgerrin James this season, Larry Fitzgerald, JJ Arrington, etc. Not saying Leinart wasn't a good pick, or James a good pickup, but there is a reason why Green's teams always turn out the same.

I do put this one on the kicker, though, except for the continuing running game issues because of a forever bad offensive line.

Green is a pompous ass, and will never accept any responsibility for the problems. Maybe he can write another book or sue the Cardinal ownership now.

I thought that was great.. at least the guy has some passion. Would you rather have a guy like Steve Mariucci stand up there pouring you Kool Aid and serving cornbread while dodging questions while checking out his slicked back hair in the reflection of the camera lens?

Denny was right.. they werent intimidated by CHI they had a good game plan, they had them on the ropes and they let them off the hook.

He should be peeved.. that would have been a terrific win.. they had it and they blew it.

well whomever was calling the plays was able to get Edge a new NFL record...

36 carries for 55 yards...

I can see why they stuck with the run...

EJ had a 12 yard run too, so that means he otherwise had 35 carries for 43 yards. That is called committing to the run.

I'm no Denny Green fan (not really a hater either though)... I liked him in Minnesota until he gave up towards the end of his run here.

That being said, I just don't see how you can blame this loss on his coaching. I think he coached a hell of a game. He gave his players an opportunity to knock off one of the best teams in the league, and IMHO the players blew it with poor execution (not flawed strategy).

They couldn't run the ball between the 20s, the 30s or even in the locker room. But what did Denny do? call run plays. Passing? worked great. "soooo...let's run that sucker" Denny lost the game. Rackers helped.

edit: it shoud've NEVER came down to a FG anyway. Not even close. Admit that, please.

That's a bunch of crap. Belichick won a couple of Super Bowls and several playoff games on field goals... and many of them were longer than 40 yards.

If your kicker can't make a 40-yarder with the game on the line, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

Edited by Bill Swerski

That's a bunch of crap. Belichick won a couple of Super Bowls and several playoff games on field goals... and many of them were longer than 40 yards.

If your kicker can't make a 40-yarder with the game on the line, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

:D I agree with Bill! :D

i don't think you can blame green for that loss. you can't blame green for fumbling twice to give up scores, you can't blame green for that pathetic punt coverage. you want to blame him for trying to run the ball int he 4th quarter? you're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter, OF COURSE you're going to run it every play. that is coaching 101. if anything they were throwing more than they needed to. the ONLY time that coaching strategy doesn't work is if something ridiculous happens, like your OFFENSE finds a way to give up 3 4th quarter TDs. they didn't really move the ball against the bears in the second half, but 1) that's a VERY good defense, and 2) you're up 3 scores and your defense is stoning them, scoring more points isn't even really your top offensive priority, running the clock is.

if i had to point the assfinger, it would be at that tool rackers and the cards' special teams.

Edited by Azazello1313

i don't think you can blame green for that loss. you can't blame green for fumbling twice to give up scores, you can't blame green for that pathetic punt coverage. you want to blame him for trying to run the ball int he 4th quarter? you're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter, OF COURSE you're going to run it every play. that is coaching 101. if anything they were throwing more than they needed to. the ONLY time that coaching strategy doesn't work is if your OFFENSE finds a way to give up 3 4th quarter TDs. they didn't really move the ball against the bears in the second half, but 1) that's a VERY good defense, and 2) you're up 3 scores and your defense is stoning them, scoring more points isn't even really your top offensive priority, running the clock is.

if i had to point the assfinger, it would be at that tool rackers and the cards' special teams.

+1

Denny's players let him down, not the other way around.

Edited by Bill Swerski

It wasn't the fact that they were running the ball in the fourth, it was that they were only running straight up the middle which was getting stuffed repeatedly for no gain...Fine if you want to run the ball but get a littel creative to try to pick up a damn first down...run outside, throw a screen pass, ANYTHING to change it up...thats coaching...

It was rather humerous. I just saw it on Sportscenter. You have to feel bad for the guy. He's done everything in his power to get this team to where it needs to be, and he has coached them well enough to where they now should be 4-2. At what point do you just have to say, "Wow, this team is just cursed to be a winning team?"

I have not seen any of the other AZ games but based on last nights game I would have to say I disagree. He lost the game for the Cardinals, not Rackers, not edge, just good ol Denny Green. His conservative play led to that loss, just aask Charles Barkely. You could sense what was going to happen and that is something he needs to change.

It wasn't the fact that they were running the ball in the fourth, it was that they were only running straight up the middle which was getting stuffed repeatedly for no gain...Fine if you want to run the ball but get a littel creative to try to pick up a damn first down...run outside, throw a screen pass, ANYTHING to change it up...thats coaching...

No, coaching is running time off the clock when you're up 23-3 with 10 seconds left in the third quarter and your defense is stuffing the opposition and/or forcing turnovers.

I agree that Denny Green isn't a great coach, but blaming him for that meltdown last night is ridiculous. There's plenty of blame to go around, but Green shouldn't be one of the recipients.