[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denny Green

Bill Swerski

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that really MNF, I thought it was a replay of the Notre Dame/Michigan St game?

So who sucked more? The players sucked, but I blame Green for putting them in that position. The offensive play calling in the last three quarters was run, run, incomplete pass on 3rd and long, punt/fg att.

if leinart threw a pick and the bears returned it for the gamewinning score, these very same idjuts would be pulling their hair out about what a moran green was for throwing the ball.

again, green executed the way ANY NFL coach up 3 scores in the 4th quarter would execute. 99 times out of 100, your team coasts to the win. that one other time, your offense gives up 2 TDs, your punt coverage takes their biggest play of the season off, and your supposedly all-pro kicker chokes on an easy 40 yarder.

if leinart threw a pick and the bears returned it for the gamewinning score, these very same idjuts would be pulling their hair out about what a moran green was for throwing the ball.

again, green executed the way ANY NFL coach up 3 scores in the 4th quarter would execute. 99 times out of 100, your team coasts to the win. that one other time, your offense gives up 2 TDs, your punt coverage takes their biggest play of the season off, and your supposedly all-pro kicker chokes on an easy 40 yarder.

:D

No, coaching is running time off the clock when you're up 23-3 with 10 seconds left in the third quarter and your defense is stuffing the opposition and/or forcing turnovers.

I agree that Denny Green isn't a great coach, but blaming him for that meltdown last night is ridiculous. There's plenty of blame to go around, but Green shouldn't be one of the recipients.

The problem I have with the way the game was coached in the second half was that you could sense what was coming. You cold sense that AZ was playing conservative and that it was going to bite them. The fans sensed it, the announcers sensed it, I sensed it and I am sure the players sensed it. At some point Arizona needs to go for the jugular. At some point you need a W. They had opportunities and they cetainly had the Bears on the ropes. The players did not execute very well but the coaches put them in that position.

That should be enough to sign a few O-linemen that know what blocking is...

whoa whoa whoa. The O-line was TERRIFIC last night versus the pass rush. Leinart had all day most of the time. Granted they did alot of quick outs and blah blah, but still, they did very well.

Run blocking was uh...yah.

But still, Edge was bouncing to the outside in the beginning and cutting back real fast. he was running hard, and did a great job. He fell off towards the end also. He lost his burst, and there wasn't even a thought by the coaching staff to block Urlacher.

That's a bunch of crap. Belichick won a couple of Super Bowls and several playoff games on field goals... and many of them were longer than 40 yards.

If your kicker can't make a 40-yarder with the game on the line, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

I'm not saying a game should never come down to a FG, I'm saying this game should not have come down to a FG, after being up by 20 points.

Edited by LooGie

i don't think you can blame green for that loss. you can't blame green for fumbling twice to give up scores, you can't blame green for that pathetic punt coverage. you want to blame him for trying to run the ball int he 4th quarter? you're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter, OF COURSE you're going to run it every play. that is coaching 101. if anything they were throwing more than they needed to. the ONLY time that coaching strategy doesn't work is if something ridiculous happens, like your OFFENSE finds a way to give up 3 4th quarter TDs. they didn't really move the ball against the bears in the second half, but 1) that's a VERY good defense, and 2) you're up 3 scores and your defense is stoning them, scoring more points isn't even really your top offensive priority, running the clock is.

if i had to point the assfinger, it would be at that tool rackers and the cards' special teams.

he started trying to run out the clock in the 3rd qtr. that's not coaching 101.

and 35 seconds runs off the clock 3 times and then 5-turnover grossman comes back out on the field. best thing the cardinals could ask for in that situation.

I can't remember another game when I was more optimistic about scoring when the D was on the field than I was when the O were out there. :D

You can't just pass on every down. Eventually something bad is going to happen, especially with the Bears D. Leinart threw the ball over 40 times. That's not enough for you guys? I really don't see how this loss is Green's fault. The Cardinals did the right thing by trying to shorten the game with running plays especially in the 2nd half. They just didn't execute very well which is on the players. Green can't play special teams with a punt return for a TD or kick a pretty easy 40 yard FG. If anything Rackers blew the game hands down. In reality, the Cardinals are not 20 points better than the Bears so why is everyone so surprised they lost? Before the game started it was supposed to be a Bear blowout hands down.

I'm not saying a game should never come down to a FG, I'm saying this game should not have come down to a FG, after being up by 20 points.

Agreed, and it's the fault of his players that it did. Denny Green didn't fumble two balls that were run back for TDs and allow a punt to be returned for an additional TD.

he started trying to run out the clock in the 3rd qtr. that's not coaching 101.

It is when you're up by 20 points and are facing the best defense in the league. Green called the same plays that Belichick would have in that situation.

Agreed, and it's the fault of his players that it did. Denny Green didn't fumble two balls that were run back for TDs and allow a punt to be returned for an additional TD.

It is when you're up by 20 points and are facing the best defense in the league. Green called the same plays that Belichick would have in that situation.

Funny, I bet you anything Belichick doesn't lose that game...

Funny, I bet you anything Belichick doesn't lose that game...

Funny, I bet you anything that Vinatieri makes the 40-yd FG. And I bet you that NE's special teams don't give up a TD on a punt return.

The Carinals lost that game because their players suck, not because their coach called a bad game.

are you seriously comparing Belichik and the Pats to Green and the cardinals? Did you just put the two in the same sentence? You did.

You couldn't have meant it. Delete the post, and I'll delete the reply so no one will ever know.

So, the bears were favored by how many points? And 20 points is enough to pretty much guarantee a vitory huh?

Even when you get down to FG range, you call 2 running plays, for probably a total gain of 0 if not -1.

edit: especially after watching Urlacher go unblocked for about 30 consecutive plays?

Edited by LooGie

are you seriously comparing Belichik and the Pats to Green and the cardinals? Did you just put the two in the same sentence? You did.

You couldn't have meant it. Delete the post, and I'll delete the reply so no one will ever know.

Yes, I did. I said that Green called the game in the same way that Belichick would have (and most other NFL coaches). And I also said that Green's players failed him and that they're inferior to Belichick's players. Those are fair statements.

Yes, I did. I said that Green called the game in the same way that Belichick would have (and most other NFL coaches). And I also said that Green's players failed him and that they're inferior to Belichick's players. Those are fair statements.

okay, first of all, they're not fair statments. To say BB would do ANYTHING that Green would do is blasphemy. Green DID NOT coach that game the way BB would have. AND I HATE THE PATRIOTS.

Bill would've seen that the running game was actually the "sit on your ass Edge" game and change accordingly. He would've run some special run plays, really elaborate ones...LIKE TRY TO GET TO THE EDGE..NOT STRAIGHT UP THE GUT EVERYTIME FOR A LOSS!!!! Really elaborate architect running plays.

His players actually would've STAYED MOTIVATED throughout the game. Even if he had the same exact players, they would NOT have choked that way. He wouldn't have called off the dogs facing the best team in the known history of the world. He would've won this game. Forget the NE players, he would've won this game last night, with ARI and I bet even he's not humble enough to deny it. So don't compare the two. It really makes you look a stupid idiot. A really stupid idiot. Beyond really stupid. :D Let it go.

okay, first of all, they're not fair statments. To say BB would do ANYTHING that Green would do is blasphemy. Green DID NOT coach that game the way BB would have. AND I HATE THE PATRIOTS.

Bill would've seen that the running game was actually the "sit on your ass Edge" game and change accordingly. He would've run some special run plays, really elaborate ones...LIKE TRY TO GET TO THE EDGE..NOT STRAIGHT UP THE GUT EVERYTIME FOR A LOSS!!!! Really elaborate architect running plays.

Wrong. Given that the Cards were up 23-3 with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter, their defense was dominating the Bears offense, and that the Bears defense is one of the best in the league, Belichick would've played ultra-conservatively and run the clock out. You're dead wrong here.

His players actually would've STAYED MOTIVATED throughout the game. Even if he had the same exact players, they would NOT have choked that way.

I agree that the players would've been better-prepared. I'll concede that Green does a relatively poor job of preparing his players. But that has nothing to do with the way that Green CALLED THE GAME.

I will not say that Green's play calling cost them this game. Any coach in the same position would do the same against a pathetic Bears offense and with a rookie QB. If you dont agree than I just cant understand your logic. However, it was poor coaching that caused the Cardinals to loose their heart, stamina, and focus in the fourth quarter. It was poor coaching that led to a hole the size of Theismans fat head on the biggest punt coverage situation of the season thus far. It was poor coaching that didnt give the right tackle enough sense to even look at Mark Anderson and leave the prized rookie QB exposed. I am not saying Green isnt a bad coach, but it sure as hell wasnt the play calling that did it.

Wrong. Given that the Cards were up 23-3 with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter, their defense was dominating the Bears offense, and that the Bears defense is one of the best in the league, Belichick would've played ultra-conservatively and run the clock out. You're dead wrong here.

I agree that the players would've been better-prepared. I'll concede that Green does a relatively poor job of preparing his players. But that has nothing to do with the way that Green CALLED THE GAME.

You have some valid points, however, when you say ultra conservative, you have to remember, the running game was not working up the middle. At all, and when the ball got stripped and yatta yatta it was no longer time to play conservative. If the team was motivated, that punt return never gets run back. Even with it, the rookie drove well all night, and then Green calls 2 running plays that I would bet almost equaled a loss of 2. I seriously doubt BB would've started going into his ultra conservative mode in the 3rd quarter. I can easily see him TRYING to run for one series, when it fails terribly, I can see him going for one series hard and fast trying to get up by over 20 points, THEN hitting his ultra conservative mode. :D

Green is not half of half of the coach BB is. Not even half of that. BB would've made adjustments. He would've won this game. And sure, Viniatairi would've made that FG, but it would've never come down to a game winning FG with BB at the helm. THAT'S why I blame Denny. Not to mention they're 1-5 only beating SF with tons and tons and tons of talent. Arguably the most power offense in the league.

Edited by LooGie