[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the starter in Houston?

spaceboy

From the link provided by spaceboy;

Despite being inactive for the past three games, rookie running back Wali Lundy might return Sunday against Jacksonville. Lundy started the first two games before being replaced by veterans Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado.

With Dayne and Gado struggling, coach Gary Kubiak said Lundy will get another chance. He's expected to get an opportunity as a punt returner after Phillip Buchanon was placed on waivers Monday.

"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

>>With Dayne and Gado struggling, coach Gary Kubiak said Lundy will get another chance. He's expected to get an opportunity as a punt returner after Phillip Buchanon was placed on waivers Monday.

I guess the question is by another chance is he the backup or the starter or just the punt returner.

It won't matter who starts this week (v. Jags). The only problem with Lundy or Gado or whoever is they don't play the Texans twice.

I agree. It doesnt matter. If you have to use a HOU RB you team is probably so poor that it wont make a difference... the HOU RB is a fantasy blackhole.

Rotoworld saying its Wali...

-------------------------------------

Wali Lundy, Texans - Ron Dayne isn't getting it done and coach Gary Kubiak is tired of waiting for him. Dayne may also miss practice time this week due to injury. Samkon Gado is a decent option on passing downs, but hasn't made a big impact. Kubiak made it clear that he wants to make Houston Wali's world again in his Monday presser. Unprompted, Kubiak said, "I think it's time to get (RB) Wali (Lundy) more involved in what we're doing."

Later, when asked about undrafted free agent Chris Taylor, Kubiak said, "I think Wali can handle (the load)… I think we had a couple of good guys that we need to take a look at, but it is obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more. He's been working hard, and he'll get that opportunity. We're going to keep searching with those guys until somebody steps up and plays extremely well."

Lundy was a force in the preseason, but quickly got the hook once the regular season started for new arrivals Dayne and Gado. Lundy's 3.4 yards-per-carry average is still leading the team. Chasing Texans runners hasn't paid off this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lundy is starting again this week. With games against the Titans (twice), Jets, Raiders, and Colts still on the docket, he's worth picking up in 12-team formats to see what happens.

Recommendation:Should be owned in 12-team leagues

I still think Lundy should get a chance to start, this has been classical musical backs and it creates a mess. Jax is not hte same without Peterson, rest assured, so Lundy may be a decent spot starter this week. I may actually take a chance on him. He is the better option than Dayne. Gado is a good thrid down back.

IMO.

Here is the deal. If these idiot Texans can find a competent back their schedule loosens up quite a bit

3 of the next 4 weeks are NOT easy (two with Jax and one with the Giants with a Titan game thrown in)

But check out their last 6 games?

Bills

Jets

Raiders

Titans

Patriots

Colts (week 16)

and if your fantasy league goes to week 17..CLEVELAND

I count one tough game in the final run. If your league is like mine (ending on week 16) then the situation could be usefull in the last two regular season fantasy weeks as people make their push for the playoffs (v. Raiders, Titans)...in the final game you get the Colts (assuming you'd bench the Texan runner v. New England in the first round of the playoffs). If you're in a 17 week fantasy schedule, this thing is positively sweet as your playoff matchups are against the Colts and Browns.

I picked up Lundy and stuffed him on my rosters just in case. It's still Houston so I wouldn't break out the kazoos and party hats yet, but if things turn a little bit there you could cash in against some real junk defenses. I think Dayne is garbage...the question is Gado or Lundy. If EITHER OF THEM can run the ball with any success against Jax (not likely) then that may be the guy. I think you can hold off in in picking either up right now, but monitor that game Sunday and be ready to act.

Edited by kwolf68

from Rotoworld:

Wali Lundy, Texans - Ron Dayne isn't getting it done and coach Gary Kubiak is tired of waiting for him. Dayne may also miss practice time this week due to injury. Samkon Gado is a decent option on passing downs, but hasn't made a big impact. Kubiak made it clear that he wants to make Houston Wali's world again in his Monday presser. Unprompted, Kubiak said, "I think it's time to get (RB) Wali (Lundy) more involved in what we're doing."

Later, when asked about undrafted free agent Chris Taylor, Kubiak said, "I think Wali can handle (the load)… I think we had a couple of good guys that we need to take a look at, but it is obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more. He's been working hard, and he'll get that opportunity. We're going to keep searching with those guys until somebody steps up and plays extremely well."

Lundy was a force in the preseason, but quickly got the hook once the regular season started for new arrivals Dayne and Gado. Lundy's 3.4 yards-per-carry average is still leading the team. Chasing Texans runners hasn't paid off this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lundy is starting again this week. With games against the Titans (twice), Jets, Raiders, and Colts still on the docket, he's worth picking up in 12-team formats to see what happens.

from Rotoworld:

Deja Vou

from Rotoworld:

Thanx, but already covered in Post #12, only 4 above yours. :D

HOUSTONTEXANS.com

(on RB Wali Lundy practicing with the first team) “Yeah, he’s going to play this week, there’s no secret there. We need to get him back in what we’re doing and he’s been working hard and I feel comfortable with what he’s doing mentally and he looked good at practice today so we’ll get him the ball.”

ROTOWORLD

Wali Lundy has resumed practicing with the Texans' first-team offense.

Coach Gary Kubiak was impressed with the rookie in practice Wednesday and it appears he has a strong chance to start. Lundy faces a tough matchup vs. Jacksonville in Week 7, but Houston's schedule gets easier late in the season. Lundy is worth adding in all fantasy leagues.

HOUSTONTEXANS.com

(on RB Wali Lundy practicing with the first team) “Yeah, he’s going to play this week, there’s no secret there. We need to get him back in what we’re doing and he’s been working hard and I feel comfortable with what he’s doing mentally and he looked good at practice today so we’ll get him the ball.”

ROTOWORLD

Wali Lundy has resumed practicing with the Texans' first-team offense.

Coach Gary Kubiak was impressed with the rookie in practice Wednesday and it appears he has a strong chance to start. Lundy faces a tough matchup vs. Jacksonville in Week 7, but Houston's schedule gets easier late in the season. Lundy is worth adding in all fantasy leagues.

Sure sounds like Lundy will get another chance to be the guy. In hindsight, I guess Lundy's 3.4 YPC isn't so bad compared to Dayne's 2.9 YPC, and Gado's 2.7 YPC.