[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the starter in Houston?

spaceboy

I know wrong forum but:

Is Lundy a better play this week than N. Herron ? don't ask - just answer..

I was in the same position except I had to drop Herron to pick up Lundy. Lundy is not a good start this week but I am thinking that maybe he makes the most of his chance. Herron is also not worth a start this week.

I was in the same position except I had to drop Herron to pick up Lundy. Lundy is not a good start this week but I am thinking that maybe he makes the most of his chance. Herron is also not worth a start this week.

Just did the exact same thing in one league. :D

So, the smart move is to add Lundy and not Gado...right? I'm stuck with Dayne as my #3RB and I'd like to have the starter here.

I think it's a mystery right now. 3 of the Texans next 4 games promise to be really bad ones and I don't exepct ANY of the backs to do much. That being said, Dayne has already proven he isn't the answer and Gado in his limited time hasn't looked any better. Thing is, Lundy is a non-factor in that we've not seen him since the first couple games where he got limited (although fairly productive numbers compard to the other two) action.

It's a tough draw for Lundy this week...Kubiak decides to give him a chance against Jacksonville. I guess that way he can always say Lundy is no better than Dayne and he'll go back to that guy.

As a guy living in Virginia I got to see Wali Lundy play (he also went to my high school) and he doesn't have ANY special skills, but he's pretty good overall. He's probably a poor man's Domanik Davis actually.

Thanks wolf. I think I'm going to stay away. I drafted Lundy. Cut him. Added Dayne. And now I'm considering adding Lundy again and using 2 roster spots for 2 Texans as my RB3. I think I'll just start M. Turner instead of Fing up my roster any more with this nonsense.

You can tell Kubiak learned from the master shenannaigator. Jeez.

Well, I think maybe you would be better off with Lundy than Dayne.

Put it this way, check out that game Sunday and see if Lundy makes any plays. If he does against that defense then the Dayne experiment may be over.

In my view, Houston HAS TO give Lundy a long, hard look to see if he is capable of handling the load so that they can adjust their draft pick accordingly. It would be amazingly stupid to run Ron Dayne toward a 12-13 loss season without getting a chance to see a rookie RB play. Figure out if Lundy can do it (with Davis coming back they could be OK there) and then instead of drafting a RB next year, get some people who can block and tackle

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak indicated Thursday that Ron Dayne is not part of the team's Week 7 plans at running back.

It appears Dayne has fallen to third on the depth chart. "Our plan is, right now, to play Samkon (Gado) and Wali (Lundy)," Kubiak said. It's quite possible Dayne will be deactivated on Sunday.

Question is... did i make a mistake cutting Gado...

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak indicated Thursday that Ron Dayne is not part of the team's Week 7 plans at running back.

It appears Dayne has fallen to third on the depth chart. "Our plan is, right now, to play Samkon (Gado) and Wali (Lundy)," Kubiak said. It's quite possible Dayne will be deactivated on Sunday.

Question is... did i make a mistake cutting Gado...

I'm wondering the same thing- should I start Lundy or Gado? - or if they play like the projections on the huddle are they both only going to get 20 yards rushing and 10 yards receiving? if thats the case who really cares. :D

I'm wondering the same thing- should I start Lundy or Gado? - or if they play like the projections on the huddle are they both only going to get 20 yards rushing and 10 yards receiving? if thats the case who really cares. :D

I would think start neither this week. This is really a "which would I want on my roster" for down the road discussion.

FWIW, I picked up Lundy.

From what Kubiak says here, it looks like Gado may be the play.

(on running back situation for this weekend)

“Our plan is, right now, to play Samkon (Gado) and Wali (Lundy). Our big question is if we suit three then Ronnie (Dayne) will still be available to play. With some of the things that have been going on with our team on game day, with eight offensive linemen being suited up we’ve been playing games with two running backs as you all have noticed. We might have to do that again because we’ve got some other issues we’ve got to handle.”

(on reasoning behind choosing Gado and Lundy as opposed to Lundy and Dayne)

“Well…I could sit here and tell you that Ronnie bruised his knee last week, which he did, but in all honesty is we’re going to keep searching and keep looking. You can’t look when you’re playing three guys and Samkon, we’ve come out of games and we have not ran the ball well and he’s had, I think I want to say four or five touches last week.

I’ve got to play him, I’ve got to see what he can do and Wali deserves an opportunity to come out and play. So we’re going to keep searching for those guys and give them a chance and somebody’s going to step up and do it and take it and run with it. In fairness to them you’ve got to put them on the field so we you can see. So I’m going to find out.”

www.houstontexans.com

The Jaguars will be minus DT Marcus Stroud and CB Terry Cousin. The Texans will start ex-Packer Samkon Gado at running back and he needs to have a big day in order to take the pressure off David Carr. The Texans are last in rushing with 67.6 yards.

msn.foxsports.com

There is nothing worse than making posts in a thread stating that Lundy will be the man against the Jags.

Being right, BUTTTTTT....at the last minute taking him out of your lineup when Gado is declared the starter.

This may have been my season if I don't sneak out a much needed win.

Lundy looked grreat and WILL start here on out. :D

There is nothing worse than making posts in a thread stating that Lundy will be the man against the Jags.

Being right, BUTTTTTT....at the last minute taking him out of your lineup when Gado is declared the starter.

This may have been my season if I don't sneak out a much needed win.

Lundy looked grreat and WILL start here on out. :D

I had to pick between a lot of crap this week. I read the same thing and left Lundy on the bench. :D He wouldn't have made me win but things are looking so close this year that points may make the difference.

I didn't see him play and can only go by the stats at this point so anyone that watched the game, H8?, please chime in and tell me what you think about Lundy.