[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forget CMart

RussMan

October 17, 2006, 09:45

Jets :: RB

RB C. Martin Just Isn't Ready

Tom Rock, Newsday

RB Curtis Martin still is part of the team. Before home games, as the Jets file from the locker room and onto the field, Martin walks out with the guys and taps the "Winner" sign above the door for good luck. Then he veers off and finds his secluded seat in the stadium, a football player turned spectator. Sign-tapping might be as close as Martin comes to playing football this season. At 33, it might be as close as he'll ever come to playing again. Ten months after surgery, Martin has not been able to do anything more than jog, according to a person familiar with the situation.

HMMM....this doesn't really tell me much. He's still got, what, 3 weeks before they decide what to do with him. I've got him sitting on the bench in hopes that he can come back and play. Hopes are getting slimmer, but I'm not giving up just yet.

No, they have more time than that. They can keep him on the PUP for another two weeks, then have another 2 or 3 weeks to IR him or not. I'm not certain of thise time frames, but it boils down to another 4 to 5 weeks before they have to make a final decision.... but they did announce he's staying on the PUP for the next two weeks for sure.

Martin will make virtually no impact on the Jets this year other than being a good support for the younger backs.

More than that, he's a sensible man. He must know he's done for good now. Take the office job they offered you, CuMar, lean back and enjoy the walk to the Hall.