[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

U of Phoenix Stadium

Standale Connection

It would be SOOOOO MUCH better if was named "Pink Taco Stadium" oh man. I'd be a ARI homer FOR SURE!

Urlacher: I really stripped my ball in the pink taco!

Grossman: I was terrible in the pink taco.

Green: I'm gonna miss my pink taco.

:D come on. that's funny right there.

Edited by LooGie

It would be SOOOOO MUCH better if was named "Pink Taco Stadium" oh man. I'd be a ARI homer FOR SURE!

Urlacher: I really stripped my ball in the pink taco!

Grossman: I was terrible in the pink taco.

Green: I'm gonna miss my pink taco.

:D come on. that's funny right there.

Great stuff !!! - :D What man wouldn't want season tickets to the Pink Taco. -

Universtiy of Phoenix paid for nothing but naming rights, and that was after the structure was up and open already. I still prefer Pink Taco Stadium. It is a nice structure, and well done, but it does look like a freakin spaceship from the outside too.

The cost was far more than financial though, and I still think it will prove to be a mistake someday that they put it in Glendale and not Tempe/Mesa.

The way the team continually bitched and moaned about Sun Devil Stadium, then had the nerve to sue the universtiy for money from signage, screw 'em, can't wait to see how low the renewal numbers are on season tickets next year, and after last night, there's going to be alot more empty seats the remainder of this season too.

Universtiy of Phoenix paid for nothing but naming rights, and that was after the structure was up and open already. I still prefer Pink Taco Stadium. It is a nice structure, and well done, but it does look like a freakin spaceship from the outside too.

The cost was far more than financial though, and I still think it will prove to be a mistake someday that they put it in Glendale and not Tempe/Mesa.

The way the team continually bitched and moaned about Sun Devil Stadium, then had the nerve to sue the universtiy for money from signage, screw 'em, can't wait to see how low the renewal numbers are on season tickets next year, and after last night, there's going to be alot more empty seats the remainder of this season too.

With a new stadium, usually comes good things - I do think there were a lot of positives from last nights game. You have to remember Chicago has been stomping teams all year, and the Cardinals should have beat them. I wouldn't give up on them yet.

:D <-- no real meaning

Tough for any NFL team to share a stadium with a college team. AKA: Saints/LSU

They had every right to lady dog and moan about Sun Devil Stadium, the place is a dump. You baked to death on the bleacher seats with no shade, and the concourses were filthy. The only nice thing about the place was the location. How were they expected to draw free agent talent with those facilities?

They had every right to lady dog and moan about Sun Devil Stadium, the place is a dump. You baked to death on the bleacher seats with no shade, and the concourses were filthy. The only nice thing about the place was the location. How were they expected to draw free agent talent with those facilities?

No kidding. i went there last year and got sun burned on my ass from the bleachers bouncing UV rays up my :D

We're kind of forgetting the coolest of the cool. How about the natural turf that slides outside to grow then slides inside to play? Is that not the coolest thing you've ever seen?

The place is butt ugly from the outside though.

The place is butt ugly from the outside though.

No doubt. It's like a giant, shiny spaceship. When the ice arena was built, it looked pretty big, but UoP Stadium absolutely dwarfs it. I was certainly surprised to hear that it sold out for the season given its location in the west valley. I wonder if most of the season ticket holders live in the west or the east? That's an awfully long drive from Chandler to Glendale, nevermind the game day traffic.

I am a season ticket holder to the Cardinals :D

The stadium is impressive. The retractable portion of the roof is a membrane that lets natural light in for day games plus holds in the AC when it is 100+ outside. The tailgating crowd where my parking passes are is a pretty rowdy bunch. the only complaint I have is that if you want to buy food be prepared to wait in line 15-20 minutes.

The Bidwells did not pay for the stadium but they get the money for the naming rights. They even complained about the Fiesta Bowl wanting to covering up the Cardinals logo outside the stadium. Uness Loisville plays in the Fiesta Bowl i see no reason why not to cover up the giant bird head.

I actually like the way it looks from the outside. It's a thing of beauty. it stands out and makes EVERYONE that drives by it talk about it.

I watched a show on the making of it, and the fabric that covers the roof is springy, like a trampoline when you walk on it, but can hold 17,000 lbs per square footl :D