[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday Night Game

Homer J

As a sports fan, I would rather they not play on Sunday or Monday. They could use those as travel days and play T,W,R,S.

Then you are in the vast monority. Imagine how much further the baseball season would extend if they could not play playoff/World Series games on Sundays or Mondays? They'd be playing into November.

The NFL is very concious of the way it schedules its games....they want the networks to get ratings, so they can maximize their ad dollars, and then the NFL can up the ante next time the NFL contract is up for bid.

Ever wonder why there are no Thursday night NFL games until after Thanksgiving? It's because the NFL does not want to go up against Thursday Night college football (whih it would hammer anyway). Once the college season ends, you start seeing Thursday night NFL, Saturday afternoon NFL, etc.

Then you are in the vast monority. Imagine how much further the baseball season would extend if they could not play playoff/World Series games on Sundays or Mondays? They'd be playing into November.

The NFL is very concious of the way it schedules its games....they want the networks to get ratings, so they can maximize their ad dollars, and then the NFL can up the ante next time the NFL contract is up for bid.

Ever wonder why there are no Thursday night NFL games until after Thanksgiving? It's because the NFL does not want to go up against Thursday Night college football (whih it would hammer anyway). Once the college season ends, you start seeing Thursday night NFL, Saturday afternoon NFL, etc.

Personally I never like those Saturday NFL games. Just seems wrong?

I hear what your saying and you have valid points. It's just my opinion. I think they might even be able to shave a few games off the regular season. I don't see any reason it needs to be that long. But that's baseball and I'd rather be talking football anyway. :D

section 301 1980 :D

god that was a loooooong time ago

I awoke to a sign hanging on my light switch that said "WE WON!" I was too young to stay up. I did get to see (at the Vet) the Phillies win the NLCS in 1993 against the Braves. One of my best sports memories.

I've always wondered this, but never figured it out. Makes alot of sense.

I'm with you...tough for me to get my Sunday's free, let alone Thursday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday

I agree with this. Not because of the time constraints, but because the NFL is smart when it "leaves us wanted more". Too much NFL would make it less valuable on sundays. Sunday is like a holiday during this time. Depending on the teams, I can miss a MNF without even worrying. It's just special on sundays.

I do like Thursday games, but only because they're are so few of them, and that makes THOSE feel like holidays. Hehe, I'm a fanatic.

Baseball sucks! They should have a sunday night game on NFL network for those of us that hate baseball.

Yah, i feel the same way. I hate that baseball has ANY effect on the NFL. Baseball shouldn't have an effect on anything. Not even baseball. :D

Edited by LooGie

The Cardinals will need the rest. :D

Who'd a thunk that would not be a sarcastic jab at a failed season at this point in the year?

I like our chances with Carp and Soup coming up...

However, if my fantasy teams blow, Sunday will still suck whether the Cards are playing or not... :D