[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Urlacher credited with 25 tackles by Bears

Goopster24

This was just reported on ESPN 1000 here in Chicago. I don't know if this is official by NFL standards but the Bears watched the video of the game today and said he should be credited with 25. It was on a national stage and Urlacher single handly put this team on his shoulders. Defensive players rarely get votes for MVP of the league but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the top 3 in voting this year, especially if they begin flirting with the perfect season mark.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says 10 tackles, 8 assists in the box score from MNF.

They gave Lance Briggs 13 tackles.

between the two of them they scored 66 pts in fusion idp league. urlacher said briggs is the best outside lb in the nfl and even though he went to the probowl last yr, is widely unrecognized and underrated by most people.

between the two of them they scored 66 pts in fusion idp league. urlacher said briggs is the best outside lb in the nfl and even though he went to the probowl last yr, is widely unrecognized and underrated by most people.

Very true, Briggs is incredible and can make plays all over the field. It will be interesting to see whether the Bears are going to pony up the money to pay him like he wants to be paid - the highest linebacker in the league. :D

This was just reported on ESPN 1000 here in Chicago. I don't know if this is official by NFL standards but the Bears watched the video of the game today and said he should be credited with 25. It was on a national stage and Urlacher single handly put this team on his shoulders. Defensive players rarely get votes for MVP of the league but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the top 3 in voting this year, especially if they begin flirting with the perfect season mark.

How do you go from 10 to 25 tackles?

MVP? I would have to say McNabb at this point with Steve Smith 2nd. Smith is dominating plus the Panthers are 4-0 since he returned to action. Urlacher is a stud and freak of nature but MVP no at least not to me. Don't forget about P. Manning either, he's a lock for top 3 consideration.

Single handly? The Bears have a few studs on the defensive side of the ball so let's not get out of hand and exaggerate.

Dare we say COCKY? Didn't care for his comments after the game on Monday.

:D Really? I thought he was both articulate and respectful having just come off the field and having to answer the same couple of questions over and over again. He didn't go ranting about God looking after him, nor was he incoherent. Can't see the problem.

See what I've been saying about the Chicago sports media sucking off the Bears?

Quit listening to this garbage. It's only Week 7, for Chrissake.

Lance Briggs not Urlacher is the best LB on CHI right now.

I have Urlacher on my IDP team and I have been very disappointed with him until this week. He has been outperformed every single week (except week 6) by both of my other LB's. Crowell and Thornton. This was a great game for him, no doubt, his best performance of the season BY FAR but there is no way he should be discussed as an MVP unless he start performing at this level on much more consistent basis. I'd like to see at least another 2-3 games like this before seeing any MVP nonsense.

Briggs maybe the best, but Urlacher was all over the field in the second half. Regradless of stats, the man is almost always around the tackle. IMHO, he was a major spark for the comeback Mon. nite. He truly looked like a demon out there, and NO I was watching the game and not listening to the broadcast!

If your talking Defensive MVP-wake the FUG UP!!! It's Peppers in a rout through 6 weeks, and yes, no one else is even close.

Peppers only has the sack advantage in the first 6 weeks. Urlacher blows him away in the rest. We can compare later.