[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Chargers the best team in the AFC?

MothAudio

:D You've really upset me :D Just make sure you remember when the Steelers miss the pllayoffs that I was one of the only and first to predict that was going to happen.

And before you reply that when was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game or made the playoffs....I am well aware.....we aren't the defending champs :bash:

C'mon now, given the circumstances, I've been pretty light on you this week. Would you have done the same if the situation was reversed...... :clap:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look HERE :D and choose to ignore the Aikman rankings that is fine (though an intriguing system if you check it out). Look at the actual NFL rankings. The Chargers are the ONLY team listed in the top five (3/1) in both Ofense and Defense AND the only other team listed in the top ten in both is the COWBOYS (6/6)

:D So Aikman cooked up a formula that was designed to put the Cowboys at or near the top?

:bash:

I've been pretty light on you this week. yes you have I guessWould you have done the same if the situation was reversed...... :DActually i usually can't cause my team hasn't really ever done anything :D But I will remember this for the next go round :bash:

Edited by Hat Trick

I don’t think this will be a blowout, I mentioned that I see the potential for one given the match-ups. If the Bolts score on their first few possessions, runaway, game over. The Chiefs will not be able to play catch up against the Bolt D. Marty will not sit on a lead again like he did in Baltimore unless he wants to be lynched or fired. :D

A blowout or easy win is highly unlikely though since the KC HOUSE is like poison :bash: to the Chargers. The shadow of Ryan Leaf and his “spectacular” :D first start there looms over the franchise. Hopefully, Rivers can kill those evil spirits. As stated in a previous post, Rivers has been there and knows what to expect, though he has not played in a game. It is funny to me how so many of you want to keep pretending that Rivers is a rookie. A first year starter, yes, but NOT a rook.

The more likely scenario is a close game. I don’t think the Chiefs have the tools to blow the Chargers out, even in Arrowhead. I still think there is a "payback" mentality for how poorly the team played in the rain there last year and how it killed their drive the rest of the way. It is not a big story, but it is something the team has been talking about internally for a while now.

Chargers 27 – Chiefs 20

I have NOT argued they are the best in the NFL, but I do think top 3. Only that right now they are the most balanced and have excellent bench depth. They have DISMANTLED their opponents, and if another team, with the same schedule had performed the same way, I would be saying the same thing. I am a homer, but also a football realist. I like the NFL more than I like the Chargers… 1A and 1B so to speak.

This is the reason why I have not been able to walk away from Fantasy Football even though I do not have as much fun at it as I did years ago. My “hobby” is the NFL and I play the “game” of fantasy football to keep me better in touch with EVERYTHING that is happening, as opposed to being focused on JUST the Chargers.

:D So Aikman cooked up a formula that was designed to put the Cowboys at or near the top?

:clap:

:D

I couldn't find a link quickly that showed the "raw" NFL standings. Sorry :bash:

Wow...I remember the game between us always being very close...maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Not me! :D Arrowhead has been BRUTAL on the Chargers! :D

Marty will not sit on a lead again like he did in Baltimore unless he wants to be lynched or fired. :D

What's that old adage about a leopard & its spots?

If there is a creature in coaching that hasn't changed his spots, it's Schottenheimer. Based upon that, I'm looking forward to the games between DEN & SD.

What's that old adage about a leopard & its spots?

If there is a creature in coaching that hasn't changed his spots, it's Schottenheimer. Based upon that, I'm looking forward to the games between DEN & SD.

This is exactly why I am one of the voices pleading to get th3e man out of San Diego. HE has taught them well, but now they need a different coach. The mechanic rarely races the car he builds.

I look forward to a couple of 3-2 games this year between the Broncos and the Bolts :D

The Chiefs looked like a little league team last week................. :D

because they were playing against an angry steeler squad at home that had looked miserable the week before. good teams usually make amends for a bad showing. always a great angle, unless the team just sucks, has no heart, and isn't very good to begin with. i wouldn't say that about the steelers or chiefs. i might say it about oakland, green bay, arizona, etc. but not with the good clubs of the nfl.

because they were playing against an angry steeler squad at home that had looked miserable the week before. good teams usually make amends for a bad showing. always a great angle, unless the team just sucks, has no heart, and isn't very good to begin with. i wouldn't say that about the steelers or chiefs. i might say it about oakland, green bay, arizona, etc. but not with the good clubs of the nfl.

He knows....he's just getting in his shots whenever he can :D

The more likely scenario is a close game.

I agree. The Chiefs are coming off a lopsided loss and are playing at home. They will be ready for the Bolts. The Chargers have lost nine out of the last 11 times at Arrowhead. It will be tough for them to get a win there. I see this game being decided by a field goal.

I picked the Chargers to win the West in the pre-season, and right now, I do consider them the best in the AFC, slightly ahead of Indy.

Why is it always about the Steelers with you? :D

crap!!!! too many turnovers. no Olshansky, no Philips, not good enough in the secondary....couldn't run effectively, Rivers under constant heat.

no excuses.

KC obviously deserved that one. Arrowhead is still one of the....if not the most difficult place to play, especially for a division team.

congrats......see you in SD.

I thought that the game was going to be a classic Arrowhead run away after it was 20-3. :bash:

I got almpst what I wanted, except for the W. The Chargers really surprised me by coming back like that in that stadium. I didn't think that they could even make it close after the way it started.

Forget the missing players on D. There is no excuse.

The "vaunted" :D Chargers #1 D, has given up in their two losses, on the road, end game, game losing scores, in the last few minutes of the game. :clap:

I don't care what the STATS say, that has been a maddening characteristic of the San Diego D for years now. IF they don't fix that, they will NEVER be considered "the best" and will never win a Super Bowl. :D

I saw a fired up KC team, in THAT venue (I hate Arrowhead as a Bolt fan :doh: ) play UP to their competition. Sorry, I still think the Bolts are the better team. In other words, I wouldn't trade rosters for anything.

The Chargers were VERY effected by that crowd in the beginning of the game. The early mistakes killed them! My 27-20 score was close! The three deep turnovers accounted for the 10 points extra the Chiefs got in my prediction. :tup:

Different outcome in SD later this year, for sure!

I agree. The Chiefs are coming off a lopsided loss and are playing at home. They will be ready for the Bolts. The Chargers have lost nine out of the last 11 times at Arrowhead. It will be tough for them to get a win there. I see this game being decided by a field goal.

I'm glad to see I haven't lost my powers of prognostication!!! :D

Chiefs showed today they are way better than the team from last week. And I think we are seeing glimpses of the way Herm is building this team for the 2nd half of the season.

And MAJOR kudos for the Chargers weathering the storm and chipping away until the end. The end of this game boiled down to home field advantage, which explains the 3 point difference.

The Chiefs had a great defensive game plan from the beginning (pressuring Rivers), and didn't let up at all. (even though it burned them a couple of times)

Good game for both teams, and a nice way for the Chiefs to bounce back from last week. And on a side note, the Chiefs O-line, very maligned all year, really pushed around the Chargers defense. Johnson had holes and Huard had time for most of the day. Have to chalk it up to a motivational day for the Chiefs and a bit of a letdown for the Bolts.

So to help me answer the question that spawned this thread....

.....do you mean the healthy, steroid-inhanced version of the Chargers or the Bolts with numerous injuries and suspensions secondary to criminal activity and drug use!?!?!?!! :D

So to help me answer the question that spawned this thread....

.....do you mean the healthy, steroid-inhanced version of the Chargers or the Bolts with numerous injuries and suspensions secondary to criminal activity and drug use!?!?!?!! :D

Come on Doc. We don't have all the facts yet!

:tup:

We are not talking about TO, or Lawrence Phillips, etc. This kid is trying to do everything right! I don't want to be his personal fan club, but the things he has done since getting to San Diego for the community has been amazing at the very least.

Couple links:

:doh: 1

:link:2

AT LEAST READ THIS ONE!!!

I know I take a product that is called TestoMax. Great stuff for us older guys! It used to have andro in it and it was much better when it did. When they were converting to the pure herbal product after andro was banned, there were some "stockpiles" that slipped through the cracks.

As a result, I peed hot, thinking that I had purchased the "new" product! I was able to work it out with the support and appologies of the company.

The article talks about tainted supplements. I know first hand they are out there!

I have followed Merriman now for a while and the way he works out and the image he wants to project are completely opposite of someone who is trying to cheat the system with roids. I have gone from very skeptical about him when first drafted to being a fan of the kid (except for the showboat crap, but that is "modern" sports I guess :lol: ).

Personnally, shame on the lot of you for the immediate assumption :bash: ! If it turns out he is guilty, I hope they whack him for the max. :clap: If not, his law suit should be a nice supplement to his income! :huh:

Come on Doc. We don't have all the facts yet!

:tup:

We are not talking about TO, or Lawrence Phillips, etc. This kid is trying to do everything right! I don't want to be his personal fan club, but the things he has done since getting to San Diego for the community has been amazing at the very least.

Couple links:

:doh: 1

:link:2

AT LEAST READ THIS ONE!!! :D

I know I take a product that is called TestoMax. Great stuff for us older guys! It used to have andro in it and it was much better when it did. When they were converting to the pure herbal product after andro was banned, there were some "stockpiles" that slipped through the cracks.

As a result, I peed hot, thinking that I had purchased the "new" product! I was able to work it out with the support and appologies of the company.

The article talks about tainted supplements. I know first hand they are out there!

I have followed Merriman now for a while and the way he works out and the image he wants to project are completely opposite of someone who is trying to cheat the system with roids. I have gone from very skeptical about him when first drafted to being a fan of the kid (except for the showboat crap, but that is "modern" sports I guess :lol: ).

Personnally, shame on the lot of you for the immediate assumption :D ! If it turns out he is guilty, I hope they whack him for the max. :clap: If not, his law suit should be a nice supplement to his income! :huh:

My question was prompted by ALL that has occurred this year to Bolts defensive players, not just Merriman.

First, there were the run-ins with police officers by Phillips and Foley (charges on both were dismissed). A sign of things to come?

Then, Foley gets shot. A horrible outcome to a bizarre night.

Next, Terrance Kiel gets arrested for possible trafficking in codeine. To be continued.

Fourthly, Igor Olshansky undergoes knee surgery and is declared out for 2-4 weeks.

Fifthly, Phillips pulls up lame and is out with a calf injury for 4-6 weeks.

Lastly, the news about Merriman.

I mean, speaking as a Chargers fan, it's gotten pretty bad!!! :bash:

I realize Merriman has done many good things in the community and elsewhere, but that's not the issue here. It's whether or not he knowingly took performance-enhancing steroids.

I hope he didn't, but he is at least guilty of stupidity for having taken "supplements". What makes it doubly stupid is the fact that he knew what Castillo had gone through just the year before! He and all other professional athletes should steer clear of supplements, not only to avoid the possible negative effects they might have on the body (another issue unto itself), but also to prevent the embarrassment of having to explain how a banned substance turned up in their urine.

Edited by Chargerz

Right now, it looks like it's a three-way tie between IND, DEN, and NE for the "best of the AFC" title.

I agree.

Any chance Plummer trips over his dog and falls down drunk in Tatum's driveway while tearing his middleus fingerus dumbasstoid???

Indy is a heck of a matchup, especially with Lepsis gone...