[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB, RB and WR from the same team

Sam

Through trades that I feel have been upgrades from what I had, I've ended up with Bulger (got through trade), S. Jackson (got through trade) and Holt (drafted). I was fine with having Bulger and Holt but I'm a bit concerned now that I've aquired Jackson. I gave up Maurice Morris and F. Taylor for him so IMO I've upgraded. I still have Rudi Johnson and Willis McGahee. I'm considering packaging one of my other RB's with Jackson to upgrade again. I was curioius if anyone has ever been in the same situation and how it worked out for them. Is it really that bad of a thing to have the QB, RB and WR from the same team? Please discuss.

Trying to remember back, I don't think I have ever had a QB, RB and WR from the same team. If you think about, as long as they are all top performers like the three you have it really can't be that bad. Although I have almost always tried to avoid having too many players from one team. If that team happens to have a bad week, you are pretty much cooked that week.

With all of that said, if I was in the same boat as you I would also probably try to package Jackson with someone to upgrade somewhere else also. Trying not to have all of my eggs in one basket.

For the most part, assuming we're talking about the good teams (a Houston triumvirate wouldn't work), it's a good strategy but has some big risks - reason it's good is that if you had St. Louis or Philly this year, you'd be in good shape.

Big risks are threefold : 1) you don't know year to year on some offenses - right now, the Colts aren't exactly lighting it up, and no one expected teh Eagles to do what they are doing offensively (even someone like me).

2) you are going to lose 2 or 3 games...period - there will be off games for teams, and if you have 3 of your top 6 on those teams, you are going to lose, plus the bye week. You'll be able to afford it as most weeks your putting up big points, but you are guaranteeing a few losses

3) an injury (normally to the QB) can REALLY hurt - if you have McNabb, Jackson and Harrison and McNabb gets hurt, well, you take a hit at QB and move on. If you have McNabb, Westbrook and Brown (Philly's a bit wierd cause really you'd have neeeded Stallworth and Brown), and McNabb get's hurt, you have the hit at QB, but also are in deep trouble at WR and your RB just lost some value, so it's all compounded

For the most part, if when I was drafting, the "next" guy on the board was ont he same team as a few of the others i had, I'd just take him - just doesn't work out that often.

I'm kind of a fan of having the QB and RB from the same team if they are on a potent offense (STL, PHI, SEA, INDY, CINCY) since you usually get the TD one way or the other. I don't go out of my way to do it but I don't avoid it either. Unfortunately, the bye weeks and off weeks are killers. If you have more than 3 starters on the same team, it is almost like conceding a loss on their bye week, unless the rest of your draft works out.

i got rivers, tomlinson and gates and im pretty happy about it

Same here, but I try not to go overboard with Rivers. When I took him, I already had Gates and LT on my roster....Rivers was the only decent one left at that point. I grabbed Kitna a little later, and so have been alternating between the two.

Pretty cool, tho, to see the live scoring jump when Rivers hits Gates for a TD! :D

Had Bulger, DJax and Holt via draft. Didn't try, it just came out that way. Started Bulger wk 1 & 2 and watched him take a dump while I sat Vick. I dropped him in favor of Vick and I think I'm going to regret it.

My concern was that if he bombed so did 2 others. I wanted to diversify my portfolio, so to speak.

Not sure it was the right thing as he sits #2 in passing in the NFC. Guess I'll have to total up the points at the end.

I'll let Skippy answer this one.

He has PManning, Wayne, Harrison, and Rhodes in his line-up every week.

I did not plan it that way but it just happened with what I consider good trades. I also have James and had him during the same time that I had Manning and Harrison. All I can say is that it seems to work for me. This past week was a killer but no matter what it seems like I get decent points out of starting all my Colts.

I have also had Bulger, Holt, and Bruce on another team. I loved that one as well.

I am now liking the hookup with the right guys.

I did not plan it that way but it just happened with what I consider good trades. I also have James and had him during the same time that I had Manning and Harrison. All I can say is that it seems to work for me. This past week was a killer but no matter what it seems like I get decent points out of starting all my Colts.

I have also had Bulger, Holt, and Bruce on another team. I loved that one as well.

I am now liking the hookup with the right guys.

Yeah I did't plan on it either. Just kind of ended up that way. As I stated in my original post, Holt is the only one I drafted. I had Kitna and Favre as my starters and had the opportunity to get Bulger via trade so I did it. It didn't really concern me until I aquired S. Jackson via a trade...another upgrade IMO. Now that I have 3 guys on the same team it concerns me a bit. I was thinking of packaging Jackson up with McGahee or R. Johnson to diversify a bit but I think I'm gonna roll with what I got and see what happens. Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.