[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk me down...

Caveman_Nick

The Browns to win at home this week?

I know...they are way overmatched and Denver's D has only given up 1 TD all year.

I wonder if Denver's D is that good...?

I also wonder if Romeo can find a way to get it done having had 2 weeks to prepare...?

I know he can confuse the heck out of Plummer, but can the Cle D stop the Denver rushing game?

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that Cle is going to win this weekend, and I think I need to be talked off the ledge...

If there was a game I was worried about, it was the Raiders game. It was a perfect set up for the Raiders, nothing to play for, team looks terrible, and Denver had looked pretty good and was riding high after the win over Baltimore. Perfect setup for the upset. Only the Raiders just didn't care about playing.

I don't see Denver falling into the trap this week. I think Shanny gets the offense going, and Denver's secondary is very good. The LB's, any of them, will have no trouble keeping up with Winslow. I like Denver in this game even more than the Raider game.

Just slowly back up from the ledge. Nothing to see here.

Edited by NAUgrad

The Browns are only a 6 point underdog at home after their bye.

With the way Plummer is playing, and if I were a betting man, I could see taking the under and the 6 points.

Nah... who am I fooling... this IS the Browns we are talking about. Denver hasn't done squat on the offensive side of the ball ... so this has all the makings of a blow out with Denver not only covering the points but probably a couple other games' points too... LOL

You may want to step away from this one Nick. Even though I do understand those 'feelings' when it comes to gambling. Seek help my friend... seek help.

Here are the NFL rankings matchups:

DEN O vs CLE D

Scoring #30 vs #21

Rushing #5 vs #29

Passing #30 vs #12

CLE O vs DEN D

Scoring #25 vs #1

Rushing #29 vs #12

Passing #26 vs #11

Turnovers

DEN #20 vs CLE #31

One place CLE has a huge one is when DEN is passing the ball. CLE has a slight edge in DEN's ability to score. DEN has huge edges when they run, when CLE runs, when CLE passes, and in CLE's ability to score, and a slight edge in turnovers.

Home field advantage isn't enough to negate all the factors in DEN's favor. By what I see, DEN ought to be a 7 pt favorite in a low scoring game.

at 6 points i still like the broncos. i think a home-dog money-line bet on the browns wouldn't be a bad idea if you have a hunch, though. as a broncos fan i'm not terribly confident about this game, to tell you the truth.

I know what you mean. I don't know why...I had no doubts about the Broncos in any of their games so far and have liked them to be a top SB contender all season.

But for some reason I have this upset inkling over Cleveland. After the tremendous letdown of a win the Broncos got last week over the Raiders, I wonder if they feel like they can sleep walk over bad teams...

:D

I'm just picking games in the $5 office pool :clap:

The ledge is not very high...

I have noticed that the line keeps going down since first posted. Heck for a fiver... take the jump. :D

(It's probably a cinch that no one else in that pool will take the Browns...might be what you need to win the tie breaker.) :bash:

Let's not overlook the fact that DEN has won three straight games by double digit margins, including at NE and vs BAL. Regardless of how many points are scored, in the NFL that's a pretty substantial feat.

Like I've said previously, when I'm looking for a play on a dog, I'm looking for them either to be able to run the ball, or to control the other team's running game, so that they can dictate the tempo of the game somehow. Games that get out of control are ones where the underdog has no ability to dictate how the game is played - and that's done through the running game. I don't see CLE either being able to assert itself with the run, or to stop DEN's running game. That smells like a game that could get out of hand in DEN's favor. The only thing that would make me pause is Shanahan's sudden aversion to take any kind of risk at all when ahead in the second half, which is what caused the Raider game to be only a 10 pt W (and a total snooze in the 2nd half).

The only thing that would make me pause is Shanahan's sudden aversion to take any kind of risk at all when ahead in the second half.

The other thing that should make you pause is you have Jake Plummer at QB. He is an INT (or two) waiting to happen.

That being said, it is the Browns, and the Broncos should be able to do enough of their own on the defensive side of the ball to create some turnovers to make it W (despite the letdown after Radier-week)....and I see it by about the same 10 points as last week:

Broncos 23, Browns 13

Browns 1-4 record (and their NFL rankings) is misleading due to their tough early schedule. Below are the teams they have lost against.

9/10 vs Saints (5-1)

9/17 vs Cincinnati (3-2)

9/24 vs Baltimore (4-2)

10/8 vs Carolina (4-2)

Browns scored 24 against Oakland. Denver scored only 13.

Plus Cleveland still hates Denver from the Elway days. Fans will be into it.

I give the Browns a chance.

I think this game is all about Plummer. If the Browns win, I'm sure it will be in no small part because of the poor play of Plummer (turnovers, non-converting of 3rd downs, etc.). But if he can just keep from making major mistakes, the rest of his team should be able to win it.