[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"BAD" Offensive Lines (share ur thoughts)

fruhoff

:D

Run Blocking (worst):

1. ARIZONA - (Edgerrin = no chance in hell...see Th. Jones, Marc. Shipp, JJ Arrington...shows how good Emmitt Smith really is/was)

2. OAKLAND - (hmmm...anyone NOT mailed it in yet?)

2. GREEN BAY - (running behind this line is like running behind a high school football line)

3. SEATTLE - (let's see Alexander can't do anything...MO Morris can't either...obviously this line only has one good side and DEF load up on that one!)

4. HOUSTON - (Reggie Bush would be average behind this line...the others, well you know)

5. KC - (Larry has managed to be run "respectively" vs. "awesome" behind these guys)

Pass Protection (worst):

1. OAKLAND - (These QBs are running as if they have "green" creatures crawling on them...SCARED!)

2. HOUSTON - (David Carr destined to be the "most sacked QB of the last 10 years after 5 years!)

3. ATLANTA - (a quick release QB like Leinart would have a shot here....Vick doesn't stand a chance)

4. GREEN BAY - (At least Favre is a gunslinger...cause if he wasn't his streak would be over)

5. MIAMI - (Culpepper = sitting duck, Harrington = gunslinger = only chance to avoid sacks = many interceptions to come!)

* GREEN BAY & OAKLAND win the award for the collectively "WORST" offensive lines in my book :D

Edited by fruhoff

Don't care too much, but how can Oakland be ranked 2 and 1, with neither GB or Hou ahead of them on either list, and not be the overall worst.

For the most part, your analysis is pretty accurate...

I stand corrected...mistake...the most important point is these lines are either piss poor on both sides or so one dimensional it will be hard to be successful...

ATL is a prime example....great run-blocking...horrible pass-blocking (of course it didn't help them when one of their lineman was suspended for four games for using a banned "substance".....hmmm....wonder what that was?

I don't think Green Bay is that bad at all...They have run it quite well and their young guys are picking up the zone blocking scheme that STILL HASNT taken shape in Houston.

I'd move Miami up worse and also would put Cincinnati in there, at least right now due to their injury situation, but Green Bay's offensive line is not that bad.

Seattle's O-line has morphed into #1/#2 to a bottom feeder? Don't know about that but I think they are worse against the pass then the run.

Seattle went from a dominant O-Line to very avg. with one of the top 3 backs in the league stuggling to get Yards/TDs....huge drop-off...that is why they made my list...same with KC

Seattle went from a dominant O-Line to very avg. with one of the top 3 backs in the league stuggling to get Yards/TDs....

Yea, I think average is a better description than one of the worst in the league.

SA's foot was hurt in all 3 games (broken in at least 1 game) he played in and despite all the hype around Maurice Morris, he is still a back up. The Seattle O-line also is banged up with one starter out. I think they are more than a notch above Arizona or Oakland.

Seattle went from a dominant O-Line to very avg. with one of the top 3 backs in the league stuggling to get Yards/TDs....huge drop-off...that is why they made my list...same with KC

Very average shouldnt be on this list though. This is for BAD lines, and Seattles line isnt THAT bad.

Very average shouldnt be on this list though. This is for BAD lines, and Seattles line isnt THAT bad.

For SEATTLE, I guess better clarification would be largest drop-off from prior year rushing)

SEATTLE:

RUN = Bad.....PASS = EXCELLENT

2005 (#3): 154 ypg (9 TDs by prorated by game 5)

2006 (#15): 109 ypg this year (3 TDs so far)

:D

Run Blocking (worst):

2. GREEN BAY - (running behind this line is like running behind a high school football line)

4. GREEN BAY - (At least Favre is a gunslinger...cause if he wasn't his streak would be over)

Yet another misinformed idiot. Favre hasnt been touched other than the bears game. The O line gets better and better each week... No where near the worst in either catagory. How else would one explain Vernand Morency and Noah Herron both going for 100 yards each? I can tell you its not from there talent. Its there O Line.