[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Disputes

Scooby

All you need to keep trades fair is the following...

1. trade deadline, around week 9 so that non-playoff teams don't dump to first place teams.

2. a "no dumping clause" that states all trades must have integrity.

3. ONLY teams that are 6 places away can trade with each other. this keeps 1st from trading with last. those who are desperate for points trade with those who are also desperate. those near first have to trade with those near first. naturally, that rule keeps most trades fair.

Having owners vote on every trade is ridiculous. The commish should be trusted to spot any fishy trades. It should be obvious when a trade is fishy. ALL those owners who veto trades are usually jealous and veto b/c they fear another team improving through a trade. We are all big boys and do not need other owners who are not involved in the trade to approve what is already agreed upon.

All you need to keep trades fair is the following...

1. trade deadline, around week 9 so that non-playoff teams don't dump to first place teams.

2. a "no dumping clause" that states all trades must have integrity.

3. ONLY teams that are 6 places away can trade with each other. this keeps 1st from trading with last. those who are desperate for points trade with those who are also desperate. those near first have to trade with those near first. naturally, that rule keeps most trades fair.

Having owners vote on every trade is ridiculous. The commish should be trusted to spot any fishy trades. It should be obvious when a trade is fishy. ALL those owners who veto trades are usually jealous and veto b/c they fear another team improving through a trade. We are all big boys and do not need other owners who are not involved in the trade to approve what is already agreed upon.

We have an issue right now in my family league. No veto but my bro has his panties in a bunch.

I traded SA for McGahee and Boldin.I needed help with WR and also liked the idea of McGahee playing now rather than SA playing in a few weeks when I could already be out of the playoff hunt. The problem for my Bro is that I traded SA to my cousin who also has LT. He feels that this makes my cousins team unbeatable come playoff time which may or may not be true but for now its less risky for me than for my cousin.

that is the jealousy that I am talking about. so should jealousy run your league? NO! the trade is a trade, of course it is not perfect, but they never are.

That is exactly the case. Bro was trying to get LT from my cousin and cous was having none of it. He was also making lowball offers to me for SA.

We have an issue right now in my family league. No veto but my bro has his panties in a bunch.

I traded SA for McGahee and Boldin.I needed help with WR and also liked the idea of McGahee playing now rather than SA playing in a few weeks when I could already be out of the playoff hunt. The problem for my Bro is that I traded SA to my cousin who also has LT. He feels that this makes my cousins team unbeatable come playoff time which may or may not be true but for now its less risky for me than for my cousin.

Its up to an owner to see how good a trade is gonna make another team before pulling the trigger on a deal..If a trade is fair which yours is he doesnt have a leg to stand on.