[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leon Washington

heehawks

Leon Washington is a very interesting prospect right now. Do you think that if he starts to produce he'll eat into all of Barlows carries? His value could skyrocket in the next few weeks. The Jets have Det tomorrow, then Clev.

I found most of the commentary related to LW's potential as RB1 for the Jets was pretty small because he was so small ... and that he'd be best suited to be a third down back.

If he's so well suited to be a third down back, why has he only had four receptions so far this year?

i think this is really the perfect game/situation for us to find out about leon..hes in a good spot...no shaun rogers or shaun cody for detroit...and i think the jets staff would like to see him succeed and breakout since he is part of the new regimes first draft

like chavez said...weve already seen that barlow and houston cant...so

Well, I'm starting him this week over Ahman Green because Frank Gore is on a bye. I hope he can do something.

I think your going to be in great shape with this play. Although he's small, Leon's got skills and, if given the chance against the DET run defense, he should have a solid outing. I'm hoping for it. I need him to shore up that starting, 'every down back' spot before Week 8 when Kevin Jones is on his bye.

I think your going to be in great shape with this play. Although he's small, Leon's got skills and, if given the chance against the DET run defense, he should have a solid outing. I'm hoping for it. I need him to shore up that starting, 'every down back' spot before Week 8 when Kevin Jones is on his bye.

I hope so, it also helps the middle of that Detroit defensive from line is out for the game.

Before you entirely count out Cedric Houston, realize that he has only played in two games and had 2-10 and 12-49 before getting hurt, along with the only rushing score that was not scored by Barlow. Houston was not used in the first 2 games because Barlow and Blaylock had the chances but he's actually got the same YPC as Washington who pumped up his stats with meaningless carries in a shut out when NYJ had no reason to be running 23 times.

In their only common game, Houston had 12-49 (4.0 YPC) against the Colts while Washington had 9-33 (3.7). Since Washington is only 5' 7 1/2 " and 200 pounds, he's not really considered a lock for goalline duty regardless. Houston is 6' and 220. I would be a little surprised if the Jets settle on any RB this year and give him a heavy load, let alone the diminuitive Washington.

See, my gut was right (10-74, TD). But he is still splitting carries with Barlow(11-44, TD). Looks like a classic RRBC situation brewing here. If this works for them, they will likely stick with it. But so far, it looks like Leon is going to put up very nice FFPoints, going to go pick him up right now for my other league. I'm going to drop....Lewis.... :D