[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

Pretty sure he just flat out abused the Bucs last year in the passing game didn't he? :D

Yep, he sure did. :D

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 21/38 306 2   0 

&

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 16/26 161 2   0 

Anyone who thinks Vick is anything more than a RB playing behind center, is purely dillusional. Damn, put LT or Alexander behind center for as many snaps and I am sure you would be able to find two decent games to paste in too. Wait, LT does have a better TD to attempt ratio already!!!!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that. And its funny it took 5 yrs to have a game where you throw more than 2 passing TD and your still a starter in the NFL. He did 4 this week. We may or may not ever see it again. If he could do this every game. It would be illegal to let him play football. Just like it should be illegal if SHAQ ever shoots over 90% for free throws. He has game. But them legs are only going to last so long then what will he have.

One thing to note, is that Vick has never been in a pass friendly offense. The nost pass attempts he's ever had is just 421.

Of course when you're the QB of one of the NFL's elite rushing offenses, that comes with the territory. I guarantee you that if you put Vick in Indy's offense with those skill players, this would not be his 1st 4 TD game.

And fine, even IF Dunn isn't at Faulks level, he isn't THAT far below.

Again we'll have to disagree.

Seen a ton of both Faulk & Dunn. Between the two, it's night & day as to who has the more natural receiving ability. :D

One thing to note, is that Vick has never been in a pass friendly offense. The nost pass attempts he's ever had is just 421.

Manning threw 497 passes in '04 and 453 last year - no better than a difference of a couple a game in '05, about a difference of 4.5 in '04.

He tallied 77 passing tds.

Just for comparison's sake. :D

Brett Favre tallied 32 passing tds on 471 attempts in '03.

Trent Green had 26 tds on 470 pass att in '02.

Chad Pennington had 22 tds on 399 pass att in '02.

Matt Hasselbeck had 24 tds on 449 att last year.

Edited by Chavez

Anyone who thinks Vick is anything more than a RB playing behind center, is purely dillusional. Damn, put LT or Alexander behind center for as many snaps and I am sure you would be able to find two decent games to paste in too. Wait, LT does have a better TD to attempt ratio already!!!!

Sorry, you're not touching my g spot with this post :D

Manning threw 497 passes in '04 and 453 last year - no better than a difference of a couple a game in '05, about a difference of 4.5 in '04.

He tallied 77 passing tds.

Just for comparison's sake. :D

Of course it's a completely different type of offense & he had Harrison, Wayne & Edge.

Just for full comparison's sake. :D

He will probably get in because of his running skills, I just want to see him try and hit one of his WRs like Marino did at his induction but hits an 80 year old lady 15 yards off target and blames it on the queer sunglasses he will be wearing :D

LMAO

Nah he'll blame it on the WR for not being Harrison.

OK you guys stop messin w/Mrs Vick, I mean BigScore.

LMAO

Nah he'll blame it on the WR for not being Harrison.

OK you guys stop messin w/Mrs Vick, I mean BigScore.

Eh, I don't care.

Vick has a good game and the haters are still out in force. The guy is the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. Even if the Falcons win a Superbowl, guarantee the haters would say they won it in spite of Vick.

The Vick hate is both boring & predictable ::D

Considering that my comment was about the yardage, nice twist there TVH.

However to address your new twist, since the first one didn't work out too well for you, when you're coming in as supposedly the worst Red Zone offense in the NFL & you're going up against the Steelers Red Zone D, it's supposed to be hard to score.

How wasn't mine about yardage? If you get the ball on the opponents 20 (roughly), then you don't need to go far to score, do you? Not as much chance of a drive stalling without points I would think. And most would think.

So thanks for pointingh out I was right twofold.

So what I'm getting from this thread is that Vick has to start at the 1 yard line everytime for a TD to count. Everyone who hates Vick wants it to be that way since with his horrible pass blocking line and below average WRs, Vick has every reason to fail as a QB. Luckily he can run.

How wasn't mine about yardage? If you get the ball on the opponents 20 (roughly), then you don't need to go far to score, do you? Not as much chance of a drive stalling without points I would think. And most would think.

So thanks for pointingh out I was right twofold.

Your 1st post you showed his low yardage.

I pointed out it was tough for a QB to get high yardage, when working from a short field.

Then your second post you went for how it must've been easy to get the 4 TD's since it was short yardage.

I then pointed out regardless of where the Falcons started their posessions, they carved up a normally stout Steelers Red Zone D.

Other than that, I don't have a freaking clue as to what you're talking about. :D

So what I'm getting from this thread is that Vick has to start at the 1 yard line everytime for a TD to count. Everyone who hates Vick wants it to be that way since with his horrible pass blocking line and below average WRs, Vick has every reason to fail as a QB. Luckily he can run.

Even then the Vick haters would STILL find something to criticize.

Like I said, he's the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. :D

:D I just think he needs to be more consistent and efficient passing the ball than he has been to this point in his career. His comp %, td %, and yds/att are all well below what you'd expect of someone trumpeted as an elite, Pro Bowl level QB.

Obviously his legs make up somewhat for those deficiencies but if you can't mount a consistent passing attack, you can't win when it counts - in the playoffs.

Even then the Vick haters would STILL find something to criticize.

Like I said, he's the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. :D

If Brett Favre and Peyton Manning can get criticized pretty much constantly over the past 3-4 years, I'd say just about anyone can.

I'm pulling up post #2 to show what a ridiculous thread this is in that it has reached 4, soon to be 5 pages. :D

My god he has 1 flucking good game in 5 yrs and now he is JC walking on water. let him do this for another 2-3 weeks then i'll admit I was wrong. dam even a blind squirrel find a nut every now and then.

Edited by WorstCoachingEver

His comp %, td %, and yds/att are all well below what you'd expect of someone trumpeted as an elite, Pro Bowl level QB.

Actually Chavez, Vick's yards per attempt (6.7) are pretty comparable to some current & former Pro Bowl & League MVP QB's.

McNabb = 6.7

Favre = 7.0

Gannon = 6.8

Elway = 7.1

McNair = 6.9

To date ???? That is something that will always be true....Atlanta won't even be in the playoffs this year....again....

I hope that in real life, there's more substance to you than your posts would indicate.

If Brett Favre and Peyton Manning can get criticized pretty much constantly over the past 3-4 years, I'd say just about anyone can.

Favre gets criticized for his annual two step retirement will he won't he dance.

Justifiably IMO.

Manning gets criticized for having all world talent year in year out, but never getting to the big dance.

Again...somehat justified IMO.

Vick is in a rushing offense & gets criticized for not passing :D