[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many pass attempts did Peyton have Chavez & weren't Marshall Faulk & Harrison playing with Manning then?

590 touches (rushing and passing) in 16 games - 37 a game; Vick's best season he had 534 in 15 games, so just under 36 a game.

And I'll grant that Vick has CLEARLY never had a WR on Harrison's level, but Dunn is not a huge step down from Faulk or Edge. Though you wouldn't know it from the 2.5 catches per game he's gotten in his Atl career.

It's fun taking shots at Vick since he's such a lousy passer. But hey give the man some credit for a great game today. I'm sure most of us thought today's game would be a defensive battle. The Falcons are now 4-2 so it was a HUGE victory for a team starting to unravel. Plus fantasy wise he's been very consistent this year with his rushing totals. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? His passing is just icing on the cake. Now can he get on the QB Watch list????

It's fun taking shots at Vick since he's such a lousy passer. But hey give the man some credit for a great game today. I'm sure most of us thought today's game would be a defensive battle. The Falcons are now 4-2 so it was a HUGE victory for a team starting to unravel. Plus fantasy wise he's been very consistent this year with his rushing totals. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? His passing is just icing on the cake. Now can he get on the QB Watch list????

I think most people are MORE than willing to give Vick credit for stepping up and having a good game this week.

Of course, since I don't uncritically worship at his altar and would like to see him put up decent passing numbers for a consistent stretch of 3-4 weeks before declaring him to have finally broken through, I quite clearly "hate" him. :D

I think most people are MORE than willing to give Vick credit for stepping up and having a good game this week.

Of course, since I don't uncritically worship at his altar and would like to see him put up decent passing numbers for a consistent stretch of 3-4 weeks before declaring him to have finally broken through, I quite clearly "hate" him. :D

Then you sir will be sent to eternal damnation in the center and coldest part of hell and be frozen is Satan's presence. If you do not see the miracle that is Saint Vick and repent, you will be forever damned.

Then you sir will be sent to eternal damnation in the center and coldest part of hell and be frozen is Satan's presence. If you do not see the miracle that is Saint Vick and repent, you will be forever damned.

:D If the Catholics couldn't get me to repent with a slightly more compelling argument, I don't think this one is gonna do it.

Quite different Hell than I was taught, no wonder your brain is so flucked up that you think vick is a qb.

Must have missed the short field the Falcons were working from most of the day, huh The Vatican Hitsquad?

Tough to throw for much yardage in that situation dontcha' think?

You must have missed that he didn't have to put together many long drives then to score, huh Big Score?

Not hard to score multpile times when you are gieven the ball inside the red zone.

590 touches (rushing and passing) in 16 games - 37 a game; Vick's best season he had 534 in 15 games, so just under 36 a game.

And I'll grant that Vick has CLEARLY never had a WR on Harrison's level, but Dunn is not a huge step down from Faulk or Edge. Though you wouldn't know it from the 2.5 catches per game he's gotten in his Atl career.

Manning has had 575, 571, 547, 591, 566, 497 & his lowest last year, 453 pass attempts.

Vick has NEVER had more 421 pass attempts.

Dunn is nowhere close to Marshall Faulk in recieving skills & though he may be close to Edge in the recieving skills, he's still not as good.

Quite different Hell than I was taught, no wonder your brain is so flucked up that you think vick is a qb.

Obviously you are not well read, I'm refering to Dante's Inferno where there are levels of Hell. In the center ring is Satan and his flapping wings create a severely cold place where all of the worst sinners are frozen and must look at his grostesque form as he foams blood and cries.

I'm sorry reading is hard for you.

Edited by CD6405

Manning has had 575, 571, 547, 591, 566, 497 & his lowest last year, 453 pass attempts.

Dunn is nowhere close to Marshall Faulk in recieving skills & though he may be close to Edge in the recieving skills, he's still not as good.

But you miss the point. Vick is supposed to be the new Michael Jordan so he's supposed to do what Larry Bird can do but in half the shot attempts. We all know Dunn is 15 times better than Marshall Faulk could ever dream of being.

Total attempts rushing and passing - I said that in my post. Vick had 421 pass att + 113 carries.

Bah, he was fine in Tampa - let's remember Faulk didn't start getting huge reception #s until he played with Manning and under Martz. Dunn's YPC AND yd/catch are darn near identical to Faulk's.

Edited by Chavez

Obviously you are not well read, I'm refering to Dante's Inferno where there are levels of Hell. In the center ring is Satan and his flapping wings create a severely cold place where all of the worst sinners are frozen and must look at his grostesque form as he foams blood and cries.

I'm sorry reading is hard for you.

Quite allright though I did just get finish reading Dick and Jane along with their dog Spot. But obviouslly reading hasn't helped you with determining what a good qb is.

You must have missed that he didn't have to put together many long drives then to score, huh Big Score?

Not hard to score multpile times when you are gieven the ball inside the red zone.

Considering that my comment was about the yardage, nice twist there TVH.

However to address your new twist, since the first one didn't work out too well for you, when you're coming in as supposedly the worst Red Zone offense in the NFL & you're going up against the Steelers Red Zone D, it's supposed to be hard to score.

Vick & crew just carved them up though. Had no troubles punching it in against the Steel Aluminum Curtain.

Please, please stop comparing these two. It is really silly. Manning is in the debate for the best qb in the league. Vick is right there with the worst. Please move on. Do not post stats. This is ridiculous. Carry on Vick lover.

Please, please stop comparing these two. It is really silly. Manning is in the debate for the best qb in the league. Vick is right there with the worst. Please move on. Do not post stats. This is ridiculous. Carry on Vick lover.

How can you put Vick in the worst of the league? Rex Grossman, Aaron Brooks, Kerry Collins, and Jake Delhomme are in the worst category.

My god he has 1 flucking good game in 5 yrs and now he is JC walking on water. let him do this for another 2-3 weeks then i'll admit I was wrong. dam even a blind squirrel find a nut every now and then.

Amen to that. And its funny it took 5 yrs to have a game where you throw more than 2 passing TD and your still a starter in the NFL. He did 4 this week. We may or may not ever see it again. If he could do this every game. It would be illegal to let him play football. Just like it should be illegal if SHAQ ever shoots over 90% for free throws. He has game. But them legs are only going to last so long then what will he have.

Total attempts rushing and passing - I said that in my post. Vick had 421 pass att + 113 carries.

While your post may well have said that Chavez, the point is more about the passing yardage between the two. I don't think anyone is arguing that Vick smokes Manning as far as rushing goes.

Bah, he was fine in Tampa - let's remember Faulk didn't start getting huge reception #s until he played with Manning and under Martz. Dunn's YPC AND yd/catch are darn near identical to Faulk's.

The point is Dunn's career year for receptions is 68, while Faulk has had years of 86, 81, 83 & 80.

But look, if you're determined to think Dunn is in the same class receiving wise, as Faulk, I don't see me changing your mind. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Edited by Big Score 1

While your post may well have said that Chavez, the point is more about the passing yardage between the two. I don't think anyone is arguing that Vick smokes Manning as far as rushing goes.

Since Vick averages a half-yard more rushing than he does throwing, I thought it fair to lump total yds in.

Marshall Faulk had 86 receptions Peyton's 1st year.

Dunn's best year EVER receiving the ball is only 68.

Yeah, from Brad Johnson. Dunn has never been put in an offense as wide-open as Indy with Manning or St Louis under Martz - prior to that, Faulk was good for about 54 catches a year.