[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shawne Merriman suspended 4 games for steroids.

9ersdude

As a Chargers fan, I can only say I am extremely disappointed. Yesterday was a bleak day with the loss to KC, the loss of Shaun Phillips to a calf injury (4-6 weeks), and then the steroid news about Merriman. The Merriman news was by far the worst. He'd become one of my favorite players on the team... extremely exciting, ferocious, and a real force on defense. My only hope is that he learned his lesson and that he comes back clean and strong and begins the long path toward restoring his tarnished image. He's still very young (22) and has ALOT of talent. He shouldn't need steroids to make an impact.

My son is a huge baseball fan and I always tell him how disappointed I am in all those guys who pumped up their HR stats through use of steroids (Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Canseco, Giambi, etc., etc.). It was tough to tell him that one of our own, Merriman, tested positive to steroids.