[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seneca Wallace

raoul duke

Didn't see the game. How bad was he and the three TOs?

Unfortunately, I'm receiving offers for D Jax, and I'm not sure I can wait til the stats breakdown comes out.

He actually went to Djax quite a bit, and Seneca Wallace actually looked okay minus the turnovers. The talk about Hass right now is that the MCL sprain doesn't "seem" to severe (for whatever that is worth), Hugh Millen of KJR in Seattle said his gut feeling is that Hass will be out closer to a few weeks than the whole season (apparently Millen suffered a similar injury). :D

I'd wait for the MRI results to come through, later today, before you consider trading Djax.

He actually went to Djax quite a bit, and Seneca Wallace actually looked okay minus the turnovers. The talk about Hass right now is that the MCL sprain doesn't "seem" to severe (for whatever that is worth), Hugh Millen of KJR in Seattle said his gut feeling is that Hass will be out closer to a few weeks than the whole season (apparently Millen suffered a similar injury). :D

I'd wait for the MRI results to come through, later today, before you consider trading Djax.

thanks! some great info right off the bat. i did make my counter offer "fair," so i'm sure i'll have some time before he oks/kills/counters it.

Seneca Wallace is more of a 3rd string QB than a backup. Downgrade SEA's passing game until Hass returns.

That could very well be true. But, it makes you wonder why Seattle hasn't turned him into a slash type player and kept him as the #2 QB for 2-3 seasons now. One thing is for sure, he will probably struggle because he can't rely on the O-line or defense to help him out.

That could very well be true. But, it makes you wonder why Seattle hasn't turned him into a slash type player and kept him as the #2 QB for 2-3 seasons now. One thing is for sure, he will probably struggle because he can't rely on the O-line or defense to help him out.

IMO, they kept him in that role because they wanted to spend cap room elsewhere and they assumed that SEA would be in deep doo-doo if Hasselbeck suffered a major injury (pretty much the same reasons that Jim Sorgi in the #2 in Indy). Wallace has the added bonus of being a tremendous athlete and can be used as a slot receiver if injuries take a toll on their wideouts. He has a little more value than your average third-stringer.

I saw plenty of Wallace when he was at Iowa State. In comparison with other "mobile" QBs of his era, he was about as good as Brad Banks, better than Antwaan Randle El, and not nearly as good as Vince Young. Thankfully for you guys, he's had a few years to learn that offense and will look a lot better than, say, Kyle Orton did in Chicago last year.

IMO, they kept him in that role because they wanted to spend cap room elsewhere and they assumed that SEA would be in deep doo-doo if Hasselbeck suffered a major injury (pretty much the same reasons that Jim Sorgi in the #2 in Indy). Wallace has the added bonus of being a tremendous athlete and can be used as a slot receiver if injuries take a toll on their wideouts. He has a little more value than your average third-stringer.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but obviously Holmgren does. If you assume that you are fubared without Matt Hasselbeck, then you move Seneca to a #3 QB and get him out on the field for passing situations and kick/punt returns.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but obviously Holmgren does. If you assume that you are fubared without Matt Hasselbeck, then you move Seneca to a #3 QB and get him out on the field for passing situations and kick/punt returns.

Since the Colts have Jim Sorgi (who makes Wallace look like Warren Moon) as their #2, that line of thinking isn't exactly unprecedented in the NFL. Then again, I don't talk to NFL GMs about their backup QBs, so perhaps I'm wrong. We'll soon find out.

why no talk about David Greene. He seems to be more of a traditional NFL QB. He was, as I recall, a pretty good passer while at Georgia...and I think even outdid one or more of Peytons passing records, although not sure which one!

Is he on the outs with the coaching staff?

why no talk about David Greene. He seems to be more of a traditional NFL QB. He was, as I recall, a pretty good passer while at Georgia...and I think even outdid one or more of Peytons passing records, although not sure which one!

Most likely because Greene is only in his 2nd year, while Wallace is in his 4th. Seneca probably has a better understanding of Holmgren's complex WCO at this point.

Goes back to the original point that Seneca Wallace could help this team in many ways besides being a QB. The fact that David Greene is #3 speaks volumes of the coaching staff's lack of confidence in Greene's ability to QB this team and/or the opposite about Seneca.

Goes back to the original point that Seneca Wallace could help this team in many ways besides being a QB. The fact that David Greene is #3 speaks volumes of the coaching staff's lack of confidence in Greene's ability to QB this team and/or the opposite about Seneca.

So I guess it's safe to say leave Seneca Wallace be.

• 3 weeks later...

After 3 games, Seneca looks to be a capable 2nd string QB.

He's better than his numbers (4 TDs, 4 INTs, 55.2%, 68.8 QB rating) suggest. He's definitely a below-average second-stringer, but I agree that he's a capable backup. He's looked a lot better than he did last year in garbage time.

FWIW, I picked him up this week in my TD only league as a one week starter. I like the matchup with STL as they always seem to have shootouts. My other options were:

Grossman at NYG- He's just too inconsistant right now and with no Berrian...

Leinart vs Dallas :D

I figure in a TD league a 2 TD week from your QB is a must and Wallace gives me at least 2 this week.