[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge questioning why he left Indy

Hugh 0ne

Cardinals | E. James questioning why he left Indianapolis

Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:26:49 -0700

The Associated Press reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James is beginning to question why he left the Indianapolis Colts over the offseason. James carried the ball 13 times for 34 during the Week 7 game and has failed to top 100 rushing yards in a single game all season. "I wasn't prepared for this, man, I really wasn't. I don't know what we're doing now," said James.

What did he expect? He's running behind the worst O-line in the NFL. I think you left because of the money, dumbass.

Its funny how in Emmitt Smiths last year there he almost broke 1000 and had 9 tds missed the last game or 2 of the season once again proving his greatness and superiority .

Edited by whomper

I was thinking the other day why would a RB in Edge's situation in Indy leave? You have an offense that is very productive, has a chance at the playoffs year in and year out, and you are in a known scheme. Why change a good thing for money?

Oh, and what a little whiny dooosh.

I was thinking the other day why would a RB in Edge's situation in Indy leave? You have an offense that is very productive, has a chance at the playoffs year in and year out, and you are in a known scheme. Why change a good thing for money?

Because he thought he would single handidly turn it around in Arizona AND get paid. It is very typical for top athletes to think they have what it takes to shoulder a team and take them to the promised land. He is now learning that his ability to run the ball in Indy was greatly enhanced by Indy's top notch passing game, top notch offensive line and ability to score LOTS of points.

In the desert ... they have a nice passing game ...

Cardinals | E. James questioning why he left Indianapolis

Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:26:49 -0700

The Associated Press reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James is beginning to question why he left the Indianapolis Colts over the offseason.

Tell him to check the balance of his bank account & then he'll remember why he left.

He was seduced by the bright lights of Arizona! Edge is clearly a victim here, deserving of our sympathy. The Cardinals lured him away from a successful franchise, only to chew him up and spit him out. Who can resist the siren song of Denny Green?

I don't blame the guy at all. He deserved a long term contract with financial security. Being a RB with a lot of carries on your resume on consecutive 1 year franchise tag contract deals with the Colts is not financial security. Arizona is not far off. With a little talent and attitude on that o-line, things can turn around quickly.

I don't blame the guy at all. He deserved a long term contract with financial security. Being a RB with a lot of carries on your resume on consecutive 1 year franchise tag contract deals with the Colts is not financial security. Arizona is not far off. With a little talent and attitude on that o-line, things can turn around quickly.

Agreed. He's 28, has had a lot of carries over the years, and has already suffered one major knee injury. I don't blame him for taking the money at all.

But he HAD to have known how freaking bad that line was. I mean, Jesus, if WE know, he HAS to know. And I don't want to hear him whining about it. Edge knew what he was getting into.