[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's jerseys would you want to put up in your son's room?

muck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great ideas so far.

Ideally, I'd like to have two or three basketball players, two or three baseball players and two or three football players.

FWIW, the autographed Ted Williams jersey and the autographed Joe DiMaggio jersey are staying in my office. :D

One thing about Gonzo, for example, is that I'm pretty sure he's known to be a serial womanizer around town. That's one reason Derrick Thomas isn't on my list ... fwiw ... Would "serial womanizing" throw anyone else on the list that's been mentioned so far?

All I know is that he has been great with community work and has kept clean. I would think that his womanizing would only count against him if he is married and cheating, or has left fatherless babies behind, either would be a diaqualifier for me, but I am not close enough to the team to hear about this stuff!

I would have said Gates, but he needs to prove it for a longer time and he has not really become involved with the community in a significant way as far as I know!

I love LT, Lott and crid the day Sweetness dies. My wife thought I was nutts! :D

Wall #1:

Mike Singletary in the middle.

Dick Butkus to the right.

Brian Urlacher to the left.

Wall #2:

Walter Payton in the middle.

Gayle Sayers to the right.

Anthony Thomas to the left

Wall #3:

Richard Dent in the middle

Steve McMichael to the right.

Tommie Harris to the left.

Wall #4

Photo to Papa Bear in the middle

Photo of Mike Ditka to the right.

Photo of Lovie Smith to the left.

:D What a work of art!

Wall #1:

Wall #2:

Wall #3:

Wall #4

Wow, I'd burn that room to the ground, if not because of it being Bears, but for Mike Ditka's ugly glare being in my son's room.

Wall #1:

Wall #2:

Wall #3:

Wall #4

Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning.

Sure they arn't perfect, but pretty good role models.

Randy Johnson has GOT to come off this list. He's a surly, nasty, mean SOB. No way would I ever buy his jersey.

MLB:

Derek Jeter

Mariano Rivera

Tony Gwynn

Paul Molitor

NFL:

Walter Payton

Jerry Rice

Mike Singletary

Dan Marino

LT2 (powder blue)

NHL:

Mark Messier

Martin Brodeur

Steve Yzerman

Wayne Gretzky

Wonder if there's a Ghandi jersey somewhere.

Heck, there's plenty of role models in every neighborhood if people look for them. Give the kid a local face and a local name, maybe he'll make an impact in your local area in turn.

Suprised in three pages that LT has only been referenced three times. He is absolutely a first class act. Sproles is new to SD, but at first blush seems to be cut from the same cloth, at least in terms of character, as LT.

Pat is an obvious great choice as well.

Piccilo died young but seems to rate none the less, as does Sayers.

At the end of the day though, after thinking it through, my vote is for Walter Peyton.

I undersand wanting to stick with the big 3 sports but I think you would be remiss without including a hockey jersey. And if your going to put up a hockey jersey it should be THE Captain Stevie Y.

We miss you already #19.

Oh, and if my credability isnt already shot I'd like to throw Bernie Kosar's name into the ring.

No, seriously.

I undersand wanting to stick with the big 3 sports but I think you would be remiss without including a hockey jersey. And if your going to put up a hockey jersey it should be THE Captain Stevie Y.

We miss you already #19.

Oh, and if my credability isnt already shot I'd like to throw Bernie Kosar's name into the ring.

No, seriously.

:D

It was meant as a joke as I'm sure nobody here has as much man love for Bernie as I do. However, very few have done so much with limited physical attributes. Excluding his great afro of course.

And he also was a #19 alongside Yserman.

Larry Bird is a bit sketchy. I grew up watching him and the C's during their glory years. I reading in the newspaper that he got into a scuffle with some guy who I think had been with Bird's sister or something like that shortly after he retired. The guy reported to the police that Bird had threatened to kill him. I guess nothing ever came of it though.

Edited by Crazysight