[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Walk-offs" in football...anyone tired of hearing it?

Steelhead

I gotta agree, baseball term all the way. I really don't see the point in the NFL copying anything from MLB. Watching MLB is like watching old people have sex. :D

I got another one for you, why is it when someone gets a bruise or a spot that hurts in there upper body do they refer to it as a "Stinger". Who invented that term anyway. How come you can't get a "Stinger" in your leg or your hip. If you get hurt there it is then called a "Pointer" :D

I think the guy who invented "Stinger" and "Pointer" is the same guy that has brought "walk off" to the NFL. And that guy sucks!

I gotta agree, baseball term all the way. I really don't see the point in the NFL copying anything from MLB. Watching MLB is like watching old people have sex. :D

I got another one for you, why is it when someone gets a bruise or a spot that hurts in there upper body do they refer to it as a "Stinger". Who invented that term anyway. How come you can't get a "Stinger" in your leg or your hip. If you get hurt there it is then called a "Pointer" :D

I think the guy who invented "Stinger" and "Pointer" is the same guy that has brought "walk off" to the NFL. And that guy sucks!

They aren't bruises.

A stinger is an injury that affect the nerves in the neck and arms. It happens when the neck is suddenly forced to rotate or tilt excessively. Impact can also cause a stinger. You will know if you have a stinger if you fee burning or stinging in the area of the neck, shoulders and/or arms. Contact sports such as football often cause injuries resulting in stingers.

A hip pointer injury is extremely painful, acute injury to the iliac crest of the pelvis. The injury causes bleeding into the abdominal muscles, which attach to the iliac crest. The bone and overlying muscle are often bruised, and the pain can be intense. Pain may be felt when walking, laughing, coughing, or even breathing deeply.

They CAN be bruised, but that is not what it only is.

They aren't bruises.

A stinger is an injury that affect the nerves in the neck and arms. It happens when the neck is suddenly forced to rotate or tilt excessively. Impact can also cause a stinger. You will know if you have a stinger if you fee burning or stinging in the area of the neck, shoulders and/or arms. Contact sports such as football often cause injuries resulting in stingers.

A hip pointer injury is extremely painful, acute injury to the iliac crest of the pelvis. The injury causes bleeding into the abdominal muscles, which attach to the iliac crest. The bone and overlying muscle are often bruised, and the pain can be intense. Pain may be felt when walking, laughing, coughing, or even breathing deeply.

They CAN be bruised, but that is not what it only is.

Good info here.

If you ever get a "stinger" you will never forget the feeling.